The Plague that is GGG's "Trade" system. & the Predatory dance feeding its lowkey P2W mechanism.

lol dude I play SSF and keep a lot of shit since keeping items for later is cheaper than crafting them again when you need them and I barely reach the capacity of my stash tabs. if you want to criticise the trade system start with 3rd party sites and not with stash tabs. stash tab management is a YOU problem
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Mar 4, 2020, 5:09:45 AM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
lol dude I play SSF and keep a lot of shit since keeping items for later is cheaper than crafting them again when you need them and I barely reach the capacity of my stash tabs. if you want to criticise the trade system start with 3rd party sites and not with stash tabs. stash tab management is a YOU problem

Just going to assume thats directed at op and not me since im in favor of the current system and agree that you dont need extra tabs. Just need to be more restrictive as to what you keep.

That being said your experience in SSF is different from his. Your stash space is only for things you might need. You dont pick up stuff because it has value for someone else and it can be sold. If you know youre never going to need a certain item its wortless and can be left on the ground. And you wont need a premium stash tab to sell those items

NIDAL ----> Sorry, but you are Missing the POINT, which is, SELLING STASH BY DELIBERATELY MAINTAINING A CRIPPLED TRADE SYSTEM THAT CALCULATEDLY, ARTIFICIALLY USES THE SYSTEM TO FORCE STASH SALES. It is not a "Vanity Item that doesn't affect the gameplay in any way". It's P2W. It's not a choice when it's a necessity. It's that simple.

edit: "Not everything about the current system is great but sniping, price fixxing, flipping, scamming is just people dealing with people." LMAO!!! PEOPLE DEALING WITH PEOPLE!!???ehehe!!DUDE You make these things sound like a non-issue, while going nuts over how bad AH will be for the game. Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyum!!!!!!
Last edited by allionus on Mar 4, 2020, 6:59:28 AM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Blame the 3rd party sites???!! LMAO!!!! Blame the people who made the system that GGG copy pasted onto their own website in order to compensate with what THEY KNOW IS LACKING IN THE GAME.

SSF is not an argument brah. We're talking about trade and stash. NOT stash exclusively.
"
allionus wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Blame the 3rd party sites???!! LMAO!!!! Blame the people who made the system that GGG copy pasted onto their own website in order to compensate with what THEY KNOW IS LACKING IN THE GAME.

SSF is not an argument brah. We're talking about trade and stash. NOT stash exclusively.

If you cant read sarcasm, then that's on you lol

People having to rely on 3rd party sites is what's shit about the system, honestly
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
Mortyx wrote:

Oh don`t get me wrong,buying gear in this game is the easiest thing that there is, you set the parameters you like, if there is none in the market you put a live search and it`s done.
Now try to fossil craft something or essence craft or beast craft something, where you have to whisper thousand of players that have 1-5 items, where half ignores you and the other half already sold it. And i am not talking about the cheapest ones, even if you start in the middle price this is what happens. You will end up doing that for at least half an hour to get 30-40 fossils that you will burn in craft in less than a minute.

So this makes you wonder, was that hours of trading for the materials to craft worth the joy of the seconds of crafting? Most times the conclusion will be NOPE and in this case you will give up completely in two of the main pillars of this game (crafting and trading). If my build requires something that is not meta (does not exist in the market) i simple consider that piece of gear gone from my plans, if it is meta i simple grind currency and buy it, easy and simple.

The question remains is the current trade interaction slowing my character growth down? Am i going to not use trade and hope the exact item i need to magically drop while i ignore the dozens of great items that don`t fit my build that are dropping/being crafted by me? And the answer is Nope, all the current trade is accomplishing is removing me from one of the game central mechanics (crafting).

True that. I think twice before trying any craft session and collecting the needed currency through trade. It's a bigger nightmare than hunting gear and responses.
Last edited by allionus on Mar 4, 2020, 7:04:00 AM
"
allionus wrote:
NIDAL ----> Sorry, but you are Missing the POINT, which is, SELLING STASH BY DELIBERATELY MAINTAINING A CRIPPLED TRADE SYSTEM THAT CALCULATEDLY, ARTIFICIALLY USES THE SYSTEM TO FORCE STASH SALES. It is not a "Vanity Item that doesn't affect the gameplay in any way". It's P2W. It's not a choice when it's a necessity. It's that simple.

edit: "Not everything about the current system is great but sniping, price fixxing, flipping, scamming is just people dealing with people." LMAO!!! PEOPLE DEALING WITH PEOPLE!!???ehehe!!DUDE You make these things sound like a non-issue, while going nuts over how bad AH will be for the game. Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyum!!!!!!

Not missing the point, i disagree.
I think they have a good trade system that performs well enough. its not perfect but its the lesser evil
There are issues, change the system and you get other issues. i rather have these

i do agree that you should be able to sell items in any stash, that being said, its free to play, the gameplay itself is completely unrestricted and while some buy mtx there is probably alot of people who doesnt want to buy anything and need a slight push to open their wallet and support the product theyre enjoying (and yes its ok for GGG to want to make money on them). Even if it is P2W, i dont find it very offensive. it just enables easier trade in a game that have no pvp and you can still complete the main objectives in a league without it
The main reason I play HC is for the economy, less bots, no price fixing, built in item sink, lvling gear retains value

It really solves a lot
I dont see any any key!
"
allionus wrote:

Actually hes right. You gotta check the item before accept and if you get scammed even after it well maybe you have to buy glasses.
Last edited by arcadiyan on Mar 4, 2020, 8:08:58 AM
While Allionus can say that GGG has not done much to improve PoE trading (in spite of other deniers saying "trade is fine" or listing a few minor trade tweaks as "see GGG has improved trading") and is right, he posts 5 talking points why everyone is not happy and then states the obvious reason for why GGG has deliberately chosen to not change the fundamental mechanics of trade-chat. I've used this picture in other posts and it speaks volumes as to why GGG has chosen not to make trading easier:

This pretty much says it all about what drives this game (and every other free to play game) and is the most basic of how any game company that gives away their game makes revenue. Everyone should immediately understand the message.

So why does Allionus feel the need to rant about how awful PoE trade-chat is? Most of us all agree that it sucks to the max (I don't know anything about ancient Egypt economy and trading but PoE trade mechanic is very bad) and has been this way forever with only a very few minor tweaks (I hesitate to call them improvements).

So let's cut through all of Allionus' 5 points and agree that this is just another "trading sucks" rant post. I agree, PoE trade-chat does suck to the max.

Spoiler

I watched Ziz's video of his first impressions of Delirium and he said he might do a 40 hour playing session at the start of Delirium. That's an extreme example of chasing "the carrot" to grind for better gear and to level 100 as I've ever witnessed in any game and trade-chat, as bad as it is, is the prime motivator behind this human desire to strive for "bigger and better." It's what makes humans want to do things that are bad for their health such as: How high we can go (tops of mountains), or how deep we can go (bottom of the oceans), or how fast we can go in a human engineered machine, etc. So going 40 hours and risk your health in the pursuit of a level 100 build in PoE fits right in with lot's of questionable/bad things that humans do just to stand out from mediocrity. That and the fact that Ziz is a PoE streamer and he wants as many to subscribe to his PoE stream as it's his job (again, for financial reasons). Trade chat keeps the GGG financial gears turning by pushing us to grind longer (there is no AH fast path to T1 gear, and that is as it should be).

But the one thing that GGG can do without implementing a hugely risky AH that could easily destroy the risk/reward balance of PoE that drives players to play way too many hours is to bring their own web based trade function in-game. GGG can keep the mechanics of trade-chat all they want but make the item search and whisper be from in-game and not require that we have to suspend the game to do an item search and then have to copy/paste a whisper (WTF is this shit GGG?) back into a chat prompt window. That's wholly and totally the worst method of trading in any game (short of the D3:RoS solution which is no trading at all) and for this we should convict GGG as guilty for not having put their item search function in-game from the beginning. By doing this we then eliminate the copy/paste and each item in the search list would have a button to whisper the seller directly and simply. End of the major hate of trade-chat. And I've had PoE crash many times when {Alt}Tab interrupted PoE at just the wrong time and foobar-ed it.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 4, 2020, 8:25:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info