The Plague that is GGG's "Trade" system. & the Predatory dance feeding its lowkey P2W mechanism.

"
ThIsIsToXiN wrote:
I agree the trading system is cancer and Tencent, oups I mean GGG knows this, but they are too greedy and prideful to realize it.
You know a game is pretty shit when players need to run 4 different 3rd party programs to play the game with a little bit of QOL. And even with all those programs the trading is just really, really bad. It has been like that since the dawn of time. And nothing changed since then (mainly because of GGG and the sub iq fanbois - who we can clearly see all over in this thread). Instead of that we got powercreep, new purchasable MTX, fog, new purchasable MTX, one shot off screening monsters, new purchasable MTX, speed meta intestifies, new purchasable MTX,crappy bossfights, new purchasable MTX, and do you have no lootfilters?

This is a prime example - most players that fed up wouldn't play at all, regardless of the game.

PoE is far from perfect, but it better embodied the spirit of D2 than even D3 did.

Just imagine having to deal with a binding system locking items to characters or account. Or Hell, a general reduced drop rate to prevent market flooding... lots of ways for things to go bad with AH.

Also, the people clamoring the most about an AH would be whining about how crappy shit is now that they have it.
Yep, totally over league play.
I honestly have no words regarding this dogshit "discussion".

You are critizing a business that OBVIOUSLY intended to make SOME money at SOME point in time.

If I were to create a video game as in depth as this one, make it free of charge but give players the ability to get vanity items and some extra stashtabs then heck yea why not? For about the full price of a regular game you get the stashtabs you need really.

If you've played the game for 8 years @ OP and still haven't spend a single cent (which by the looks of your profile, you have not ever bought a single supporter pack or maybe you hide it on purpose, Idk) then in my humble opinion you have ZERO right to complain.

Then I do not even know why you complain at all or make random accusations?

I, by no means!, am trying to randomly defend this game or maybe I am just getting to mature for such trivial discussions by I WANT to support this game as this company is one of the last in the entire friggin industry that isn't purely driven by greed.

Sure TenCent as a majority shareholder does get a say in it now and surely expects black numbers under the bottom line BUT this is still nowhere bad.

You blatantly lack the economical understanding and "insight" into the industry itself. This goes beyond: Let me google and read a few articles...POW thank you internet I am now a professor....

There is SO much more involved.

GGG actually has decent moral practices in play my friend.

In a perfect world, sure, it wouldn't look overly good but in our current world? Heck yea. GGG are pretty high up there.

It seems that a lot of you expect no incentives for the game to make any money.

This is the only game I know of that has gotten continuous updates, patches, addons expansions etc FOR FREE.

Once you spend 60 bucks (approx) you are essentially set and do not need more tabs.

If you are ofc obsessed and want to make the most currency of everyone and "rule" the world then yea...well...yea. But that would imply you having to get your priorities straight.

Well anyhow. Do not agree on the "predatory" part but sure there are incentives and there should be as it is, overall, a damn fine product and I, if I owned it, would want to make money too.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
When I see these folks write how evil or sinister or predatory a game company is, two thoughts come to mind - that these people have insane entitlement issues and that if they actually felt things were that bad they wouldn't even waste time on a forum talking about it.

You clearly some learning to do. So let me fill you in on something. F2P games with 10-20$ MTX and lottboxes earn much more money than the old-timey model of pay 40-60$ and play your damn game with no additional charges. To be more specific, it makes A LOT MORE money.

GGG could have easily made a single-player enabled game and let us have our merry time with it (i.e. be able to mod stash space and/or drop rates), but they explicitly decided to go the Always-Online Game-As-A-Service Lootbox-bonanza way and churn out one unfinished league after another every 3 months in order to rake in as much cash as possible.

Knowing this, it is really sad that there exist people like you who love the game, pay for it willingly and afterwards go on the forums free of charge to label legitimate complaints as "entitlement issues" for whatever company and/or game. It is not yor fault that those legitimate complaints exist, no game or company is truly perfect.

You must learn that corporations are never your friend. GGG are a prime example of that rule - they started off with a romantic idea of "creating a game that the creators would love to play, which will be F2P with only ethical MTX" which enticed thousands of us back in the day. But quickly and quietly they scrapped that vision only a couple of years later in order to cater to a bigger audience and capture a bigger paycheck.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Apr 1, 2020, 7:15:58 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
it's not pay to win.

YOU feel that it is because YOU have been playing with the wrong mindset and that is forcing you into things that you claim you don't want to do (pay for things or feel you miss out)

But then there is solo self found, no trading and people play ALL the way through the game, there is even private league mods that disable stashes and people play ALL the way through the game...so what exactly is pay to win if anyone can do without.

(also the only problem with the trade system are the idiots misusing it)

It is pay to win by GGG's definition of their own game and the definition of the madeup word "P2W". Read the explanation a couple of pages ago.

Also the trade system's faults are many, not only the abusers. It is slow and painful to use even at the best of days, which is poor game design.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Apr 1, 2020, 7:28:16 AM
"
Fenoch wrote:
I honestly have no words regarding this dogshit "discussion".

You are critizing a business that OBVIOUSLY intended to make SOME money at SOME point in time.

If I were to create a video game as in depth as this one, make it free of charge but give players the ability to get vanity items and some extra stashtabs then heck yea why not? For about the full price of a regular game you get the stashtabs you need really.

If you've played the game for 8 years @ OP and still haven't spend a single cent (which by the looks of your profile, you have not ever bought a single supporter pack or maybe you hide it on purpose, Idk) then in my humble opinion you have ZERO right to complain.

Then I do not even know why you complain at all or make random accusations?

I, by no means!, am trying to randomly defend this game or maybe I am just getting to mature for such trivial discussions by I WANT to support this game as this company is one of the last in the entire friggin industry that isn't purely driven by greed.

Sure TenCent as a majority shareholder does get a say in it now and surely expects black numbers under the bottom line BUT this is still nowhere bad.

You blatantly lack the economical understanding and "insight" into the industry itself. This goes beyond: Let me google and read a few articles...POW thank you internet I am now a professor....

There is SO much more involved.

GGG actually has decent moral practices in play my friend.

In a perfect world, sure, it wouldn't look overly good but in our current world? Heck yea. GGG are pretty high up there.

It seems that a lot of you expect no incentives for the game to make any money.

This is the only game I know of that has gotten continuous updates, patches, addons expansions etc FOR FREE.

Once you spend 60 bucks (approx) you are essentially set and do not need more tabs.

If you are ofc obsessed and want to make the most currency of everyone and "rule" the world then yea...well...yea. But that would imply you having to get your priorities straight.

Well anyhow. Do not agree on the "predatory" part but sure there are incentives and there should be as it is, overall, a damn fine product and I, if I owned it, would want to make money too.

Judging by the amount of money you've spent on this game, you don't really have the viewpoint of a person who has spent 60$ and thinks that's enough. How many stashtabs do you use?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Apr 1, 2020, 7:35:30 AM
60$ worth is far far more stash tabs than you need, I get by easily on my currency + quad and I only trade out of a regular size premium.

I've always said they should give players a premium for free, or realistically I think they should do away with non premium tabs entirely as a redundant relic but they are a business, gotta generate income somehow and the less invasive the better.

Also standard response that anyone arguing about the definition of p2w with respect to PoE needs to go play an actually p2w game so they can gain some perspective of why it exists.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Apr 1, 2020, 7:58:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info