Block Nerf?

40% block chance = 40% chance to reduce incoming damage by 40%
50% block chance = 50% chance to reduce incoming damage by 50%
and so on
im trying a shield block this next league, but not with aegis aurora in mind, i cant have my gladiator-like marauder running with es... im gonna see first hand if this is so op without uniques that keep being mentioned here
Add Block value as a shield stat; The more block value the more a block will absorb a damage. Much like arctic armor.

Say you have 100 block value; On a succesful block you mitigate 100 damage. Simple and elegant :D
"
fsk1989 wrote:
Add Block value as a shield stat; The more block value the more a block will absorb a damage. Much like arctic armor.

Say you have 100 block value; On a succesful block you mitigate 100 damage. Simple and elegant :D

i wrote something simular to this earlier too, and this would be a very easy way to fix a very obvious problem

Block value should be based on required level and then should be highest on armor based shield then evasion and ES based ones on last place
https://pastebin.com/Pb4ETGjc
Last edited by whitw0rth on Mar 1, 2014, 12:18:21 PM
Why is it an obvious problem again?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Why is it an obvious problem again?

Dont ask...
"
Soepkieken wrote:

1) Aegis Aurora will be weaker

2) BoR will be slightly weaker (BoR encourages Block builds)
If block is overpowered because of specific items, then nerf those specific items rather than punishing every single possible build that uses block including the ones that aren't overpowered.
"
Disrupted wrote:

I guess it has to do with the nature of the shield and ES, the fact that blocking with that item pumps up another part of your defense seems amazing, also it encorages you to craft best +armour and + ES gear you can which by themselves give you great survivability
Would require great gear yeah... Dunno if I agree to what you last said... After a monstrous point of spending wealth one should feel rewarded, maybe we could drop that 99% to 80% or something, I guess.
As I have never done a Aegis Aurora build and didnt do the math as to when it becomes worth using (how much nodes and armour and ES from gear you need to have), the amount of nerf (if needed) should be decided by GGG and a mechanic should not be nerfed because of a single item. (even if it gets better because of other items that help in a mechanic used by the item)

Seems amazing, it actually is a unique item mod, but not on this scale.

Eh, encouraging player to "craft" AR/ES items by an OP item? Is that how encouraging should work?

One should be rewarded, but not over-rewarded, like in Aegis case.
With ~25 ex budget, Aegis build would be more than double efficient compared to a 100 ex build.
And the efficiency rises exponentially with Aegis, while it does little with non-Aegis build.
Take a 50 ex budget Aegis build, that build would be so much better than 150 ex non-Aegis build, even 200, 250...
That has to indicate something is so fucked up, that it's getting hilarious over time.

Again, nodes to armour/ES/life/block is also needed in a non-Aegis build, no difference.

Flat ES replenishment would do the trick, shield keeps it's uniqueness and is balanced =/= not OP.

It would be done right when player would actually choose other shields and make it at least on par with Aegis.

Balance.
I found an Aegis Aurora in Dom and gave up half my DPS to use it.

I was tanky, but I didn't do much damage. Seemed like a fair trade-off.
And may the mods be ever in your favor.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

I guess it has to do with the nature of the shield and ES, the fact that blocking with that item pumps up another part of your defense seems amazing, also it encorages you to craft best +armour and + ES gear you can which by themselves give you great survivability
Would require great gear yeah... Dunno if I agree to what you last said... After a monstrous point of spending wealth one should feel rewarded, maybe we could drop that 99% to 80% or something, I guess.
As I have never done a Aegis Aurora build and didnt do the math as to when it becomes worth using (how much nodes and armour and ES from gear you need to have), the amount of nerf (if needed) should be decided by GGG and a mechanic should not be nerfed because of a single item. (even if it gets better because of other items that help in a mechanic used by the item)

Seems amazing, it actually is a unique item mod, but not on this scale.

Eh, encouraging player to "craft" AR/ES items by an OP item? Is that how encouraging should work?

One should be rewarded, but not over-rewarded, like in Aegis case.
With ~25 ex budget, Aegis build would be more than double efficient compared to a 100 ex build.
And the efficiency rises exponentially with Aegis, while it does little with non-Aegis build.
Take a 50 ex budget Aegis build, that build would be so much better than 150 ex non-Aegis build, even 200, 250...
That has to indicate something is so fucked up, that it's getting hilarious over time.

Again, nodes to armour/ES/life/block is also needed in a non-Aegis build, no difference.

Flat ES replenishment would do the trick, shield keeps it's uniqueness and is balanced =/= not OP.

It would be done right when player would actually choose other shields and make it at least on par with Aegis.

Balance.

Thanks for making the comparisons, trusting your word it seems that this unique really needs to be changed.
Spoiler
Just disagree with one-thing regarding non-aegis build, I find Evasion to be the winner in block builds in comparison to armour

Can barely wait for the mandatory Legacy QQ thread *sigh* (this considering it will get nerfed)
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info