Block Nerf?

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Frequency of attacks ? Have you ever played World of Warcraft ? Theres a reason why Block has an internal cooldown betwen blocks in almost every game BUT this one.

I have never luckily played that piece of shit. Almost every game you say? Define that please; maybe more "In some games I've played" I've played every damn RPG that has been created from the time of ZX spectrum, including pencil and paper AD&D and all of derivatives as fallout "special" system and Bethesda elder scrolls serial, not to mention baldurs gate and every aRPG from rune, sacred and titan quest till now. Diablo as well.

But, nice try.

"

I find it funny how you sit here and say block is fine when even GGG themselves have acknowledged that Block is in fact "broken", even well known players will tell you its broken.

Also, you clearly didnt read my entire post, but nice try.

Known players? Known by whom? Perhaps those known players are in fact RMTers who minmaxed their stats and gear to hell and back and not claim that block is broken? Wouldn't be a first time and certainly not last where a pack of guys of that sort had fucked up rest 99% of populace. But nice of you to keep trying in help them.

GGG has never said anything about block nerf but please, keep in making stir here on forums, maybe it will caught their eye.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
For understanding: Block is not general OP. Its only OP that it can be used additional to classes where it should not be:

- A magician attacks from long range with high damage, but is weak if hit directly.

- A knight has a chest and a shield for fighting at the front with high protection.

What do we have in PoE? The magician with the shield. THAT is OP. If the shield gets nerfed in general, the knight gets unplayable. Because he is the class who need the strong shield.

The magician is for example a "Firestorm", "Minion" or a "Totem-Build.

The knight is the "one-hand-mace-with-shield" build.

But in PoE you can for example simply make the "Firestorm" build with a strong shield. So you get the advantages of both classes. You attack from the distance with high damage like the magician and you are highly protected if attacked directly like the knight. That is the problem

The solution can not be nerfing the shield in general. That would be an epic fail.
Last edited by DeltaWing on Mar 1, 2014, 5:44:52 PM
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Frequency of attacks ? Have you ever played World of Warcraft ? Theres a reason why Block has an internal cooldown betwen blocks in almost every game BUT this one.

I have never luckily played that piece of shit. Almost every game you say? Define that please; maybe more "In some games I've played" I've played every damn RPG that has been created from the time of ZX spectrum, including pencil and paper AD&D and all of derivatives as fallout "special" system and Bethesda elder scrolls serial, not to mention baldurs gate and every aRPG from rune, sacred and titan quest till now. Diablo as well.

But, nice try.

"

I find it funny how you sit here and say block is fine when even GGG themselves have acknowledged that Block is in fact "broken", even well known players will tell you its broken.

Also, you clearly didnt read my entire post, but nice try.

Known players? Known by whom? Perhaps those known players are in fact RMTers who minmaxed their stats and gear to hell and back and not claim that block is broken? Wouldn't be a first time and certainly not last where a pack of guys of that sort had fucked up rest 99% of populace. But nice of you to keep trying in help them.

GGG has never said anything about block nerf but please, keep in making stir here on forums, maybe it will caught their eye.

Oh man your trolling is pathetic.

Whos the parrot jumping on the bandwagon by saying a game is a piece of shit when its what innovated modern gaming mechanics ? LOL

Its been mentioned multiple times in podcasts

Thanks for the laughs, bro. :D

You guys also seem to be forgetting that you can get max block while duel wielding and not lose out on damage.

Im not going to argue with you anymore, not worth the time when you cant even think for yourself.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 1, 2014, 5:48:40 PM
"
You guys also seem to be forgetting that you can get max block while duel wielding and not lose out on damage.

The blocking mechanic is not wrong. The problem is: Max-Blocking is possible with wrong character classes.

For example: You play "duel wielding" and get of course high damage. The correct way should be to survive with life leech from the high damage.

But why is there a "Dervish" passive tree node with +10 to dual block and 16% increased physical attack damage? And that directly next to the "Iron reflex" node?

The duelist gets with the high block and high-armour-from-evasion all advantages which only the Marauder or Templar should have.

(I have against the dualist build, it is by far not the most over powerd build. But it is an simple example here. The same problems are with the shield nodes for the witch and... and... and... People will always pick the advantages of all classes they can combine. And with the tree system you simply can combine it.)

Last edited by DeltaWing on Mar 1, 2014, 6:13:00 PM
"
DeltaWing wrote:
Spoiler
For understanding: Block is not general OP. Its only OP that it can be used additional to classes where it should not be:

- A magician attacks from long range with high damage, but is weak if hit directly.

- A knight has a chest and a shield for fighting at the front with high protection.

What do we have in PoE? The magician with the shield. THAT is OP. If the shield gets nerfed in general, the knight gets unplayable. Because he is the class who need the strong shield.

But in PoE you can for example simply make the "Firestorm" build with a strong shield. So you get the advantages of both classes. You attack from the distance with high damage like the magician and you are highly protected if attacked directly like the knight. That is the problem

The solution can not be nerfing the shield in general. That would be an epic fail.

Firestorm? High damage? 0_o

I see what you're saying, but you can't think of PoE as you would a game like WoW with its tanks and dps roles. In PoE the 'knight' will still normally have better defence (mostlikely higher HP and armour) than the 'magician', but the mage still has to have defences or he will not be able to progress, unlike in WoW where if you're taking damage as a dps then either you or your tank is doing it wrong.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
maffa50 wrote:
"
DeltaWing wrote:
Spoiler

Firestorm? High damage? 0_o

I see what you're saying, but you can't think of PoE as you would a game like WoW with its tanks and dps roles. In PoE the 'knight' will still normally have better defence (mostlikely higher HP and armour) than the 'magician', but the mage still has to have defences or he will not be able to progress, unlike in WoW where if you're taking damage as a dps then either you or your tank is doing it wrong.

Firestorm is only an example of a distance attack build and for an build which should normally not have a max block :)

Yes, in PoE you can combine the classes and its advantages. Its fine, its fun, but it makes some builds easy overpowered. And it makes the solution much more complicate then simply reducing the power of a single aspect of the game like the blocking. Because with reducing the blocking you reduce the power of the over powered builds, but you also reduce the power of the build where the blocking should be.

In my opinion reducing the blocking in general is wrong. It should be reduced in a way that character classes which need it, can keep it as it is. It should only be reduced for the over powered builds.

I don't know how it should be made. But I know reducing blocking power for all builds is simply wrong.

In the same way it is wrong that you can get 100K+ damage with some builds. And doing Player vs Monster and Player vs Player with the same values at the items is wrong. (But this are other discussions)
Last edited by DeltaWing on Mar 1, 2014, 6:16:59 PM
"
yeah we should also be totting shotguns and riding unicorns. cos fuck logic right?

My next character
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Mar 1, 2014, 6:43:19 PM
i don't see why they would nerf block and screw all the non-op builds...

They will just nerf the uniques that make block OP. Problem solved and no one will get gimped
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
IMO only thing OP about block is spell block. Block would be fine if it only worked with attacks, but using block to survive against some of the hardest map bosses is what makes it OP. Adding spell block on top of the normal block just makes it flat reduction against all types on damage, which means it's mandatory for all end game builds.
"
Juzzbe wrote:
IMO only thing OP about block is spell block. Block would be fine if it only worked with attacks, but using block to survive against some of the hardest map bosses is what makes it OP. Adding spell block on top of the normal block just makes it flat reduction against all types on damage, which means it's mandatory for all end game builds.

Mandatory? Not at all. Enticing? Yep.

The hardest bosses usually are the Torture Chamber boss, and dual Dominus or Temple Piety, places that spell block is highly desired. I could be wrong, I simply avoid all the OP boss maps. That laser is brutal in Torture Chamber, too brutal. It locks onto your location in a fraction of a second and simply melts the most heartiest of characters.
I love pie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info