Block Nerf?

There is ZERO reason to nerf block. Zero. You have to invest in a TON of points to get max block and if they had an issue with block they would of nerfed it LONG ago.

SOme items (aegis) should get the nerf bat, but leave block alone.
Block is fine. Takes like 70 levels to max it out, and your character will suck anyways unless you have a bunch of OP gear.

OP gear is the problem. Anvil is fine, BOR is not. Aurora is not. Nerf the problem.

I am so sick of seeing my characters demolished because they won't adjust uniques. Instead, they thrash the passive tree and screw over all of the players playing less OP builds more than the actual OP characters.

I am running a build with 76% block and some spell block. It is very tanky. I do very shit damage. Clear speed is kind of slow.

I understand that people are obsessed with getting stuff nerfed for whatever reason, but I can tell you from actual experience that a max block build is fine as it is. Nerf the problem items like BOR and Aurora.
Team Won
"
Mandatory? Not at all. Enticing? Yep.

The hardest bosses usually are the Torture Chamber boss, and dual Dominus or Temple Piety, places that spell block is highly desired. I could be wrong, I simply avoid all the OP boss maps. That laser is brutal in Torture Chamber, too brutal. It locks onto your location in a fraction of a second and simply melts the most heartiest of characters.

Calling it mandatory might be a bit exaggerating, but still I think spell block is the biggest reason why people find block so powerful. Sure you can skip the bosses, but if you can trizialize them by just picking few passive nodes and some uniques, it's really not a hard decision.

I think block is yet another thing that is ruined balancewise by unique items. With standard gear it's fine, but if you pick Aegis and the uniques with spell block, it becomes simply OP. I think GGG should really focus on how game mechanics are balanced between uniques and normal gear, because right now many of them are pretty mediocre with normal gear, but close to OP with specific gear.
"
Juzzbe wrote:
"
Mandatory? Not at all. Enticing? Yep.

The hardest bosses usually are the Torture Chamber boss, and dual Dominus or Temple Piety, places that spell block is highly desired. I could be wrong, I simply avoid all the OP boss maps. That laser is brutal in Torture Chamber, too brutal. It locks onto your location in a fraction of a second and simply melts the most heartiest of characters.

Calling it mandatory might be a bit exaggerating, but still I think spell block is the biggest reason why people find block so powerful. Sure you can skip the bosses, but if you can trizialize them by just picking few passive nodes and some uniques, it's really not a hard decision.

I think block is yet another thing that is ruined balancewise by unique items. With standard gear it's fine, but if you pick Aegis and the uniques with spell block, it becomes simply OP. I think GGG should really focus on how game mechanics are balanced between uniques and normal gear, because right now many of them are pretty mediocre with normal gear, but close to OP with specific gear.

i just don't agree when i see people doing 120k dps clearing everything in one shot. The point of block is to be tanky, but you get shit dps in return. That right there is a good thing. Aegis, yes that's op cause it's based on a percentage. If they just do a percent maybe or just a flat amount like the anvil with some additional negatives, yeah i think the item would be less overpowered. There are bosses that will just MURDER full block chracters. Torture Chamber, Kole in 71, Piety, Dominus. They freaking RAPE even with full spell block.
"
warlick wrote:
There is ZERO reason to nerf block. Zero. You have to invest in a TON of points to get max block and if they had an issue with block they would of nerfed it LONG ago.

SOme items (aegis) should get the nerf bat, but leave block alone.

There's been zero reason for most of their nerfs beyond "a bunch of butt-hurt nerds are whining about it", but that hasn't stopped them yet.
So Block is overpowered... but people playing these builds need groups to carry them, are "boring," deal low dps, and are... overpowered? I think someone even made a comment that because they are surviving boss fights they are OP.

People have some really weird ideas of fun in this game if they think nothing should be able to withstand any damage.

I like block the way it is. If Aegis is a little absurd, just change it for the new leagues. Regular block, even with spell block, has drawbacks. The absurd amount of points it takes rivals that of crit, and gains basically no damage for the player. So you have life nodes, block nodes... and that's it.

Really, people are waaaaay too prone to these bandwagons anymore.

Also, OP must be playing standard with 2.5k hp. I'd like to see his /deaths. And as an aside, I personally feel that nothing should be balanced around standard league. 2.5k hp would be a swift death in Nemesis with anything lower than 100% block.

Nice try OP, the trolling is reaching new heights.
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Mar 1, 2014, 11:14:18 PM
Still not sure where GGG has actually said they're nerfing block...
People posting here for a block nerf seem to just be echoing "block OP because block OP" without any real statistics or data to back it up.

1 Block requires a massive skill point investment to make viable.
2 Spending your skills on block takes those away from things like damage and life.
3 Aegis aurora is not a reflection of a poor block mechanic, but of poor item design.
4 Running in groups to compensate for poor damage points out the flaws in block, if anything.
5 Items that grant spell block often grant little benefit past spell block itself. Mediocre items of the same level are often better save for that one mechanic.
6 GGG has not confirmed in any quotable context that they believe block is overpowered.
7 Continuing to argue that block is OP despite counter arguments and a glaring lack of data does not make your continued statements any more true. You are effectively shouting "block OP because block OP" over and over until people stop bothering to explain things to you. Stop and read for a moment before you blindly spew your "facts" about block all over the internet; thus convincing more uneducated players to read and believe your nonsense.
Last edited by Torinator on Mar 3, 2014, 9:57:30 PM
As many have said:
Block is fine because you need a ton of points to max
Specific uniques, mainly BOR and Aegis make it overpowered.

Solution: severely Nerf BORs block chance, Nerf Aegis return (maybe put a cap like LL) and block will be fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info