[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

Thank you but i cant imagine that its only works with level 19? I had this gem before just changed it :D
"
rowrowrow wrote:
I have just one may be silly question: why it's witch? It seems like perfect shadow build.
Oh, yes, also, have you played this build from the begining or just respect after relise?

I had to respec it, mainly because Vaal Pact Moved. Before that playing with Eye of Chayula and getting nodes in the Templar side was pretty much standard. Starting from the shadow or the witch area somehow trades some cast speed for some mana. Not that much of a difference I'd say since the auras have been tweaked.

"
Metal_Rex wrote:
Thank you but i cant imagine that its only works with level 19? I had this gem before just changed it :D

Well, you could make it work with lower level gems. But it's obviously better to have leveled gems since spell damage scales off experience.
To learn is to live...
But thnk you know it works till I got my charges wohoo =D
So far I am level 48 using this build and it has great damage so far and is working great. My only issue is the lack of strength at the beginning of the build. So as of level 48 I am unable to use a life leach skill gem.

IGN: psyotiks
I've been working on something similar for quite some time (with Void Battery, Voidbriner, Bloodrage, Enduring Cry with Cast when Damage Taken, etc), but there's something that bothers me: the Faster Casting gem. What makes it that good? It's a 49% cast speed increase, it doesn't seem to be that good to me. I think an Added Lightning Damage gem could do far more for the build than Faster Casting. I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten me as I'm kinda n00b :P

Also: I think Increased Critical Damage might be better than the chance one, doesn't it? 6% chance to crit vs 100% bonus crit damage, I think the damage wins here.

The way I plan to use my 6 links when I get one:

FP + LMP (can't sustain GMP with Voidbringer) + Life Leech + Mana Leech (again Voidbringer) + Power Charge on Crit + Added Lightning Damage/Increased Critical Damage (not sure yet, will most likely test it with these and Faster Casting - but I plan on going with the Added Lightning Damage).

Anyways it's nice to see someone using a similar build - even though our passive trees differ a lot (mine is hella defensive [got 8200 ES at the moment with a fairly crappy gear], I'm using chayula instead of Unw. Stance, I don't have Vall Pact, etc - this is what I'm making), but the basic idea is the same behind them :)

P.s: do you know about their plans of making the bandit quests redoable? Went with the crappy all resist ones and killed all of them on merciless (Power Charge on Crit wasn't a thing in february, when I first started playing PoE), but I really regret both of these decisions :S
Last edited by luorax on Oct 29, 2013, 8:45:26 PM
How do you build frenzy charges? Or are you even concerned with them? In the passive tree you grabbed 2 maximum frenzy charges
Bloodrage. With CI they're free Frenzy Charges, and with the nodes they're like 25% cast speed for free, not to mention the boost they give to Discharge.
Ohh god.. I didn't know that this build doesn't work on nemesis. ohh god, im screwed again...
I'm a newbie and I dont know what build works where. after my HC duelist build (that i also followed from a guid) got crapped on after the release, I wanted to make a char on nemesis, i figured witch coz, well, witch. and this was one of the 1st builds that came out after the release. So, i jumped right into the waggon... Now, im utterrly screwed. Pls, can you give me some advice on how to make a witch work on nemesis?? does cold/crit/ci build just doesnt work on nemesis in general?
Hello Stakhanov!

I just started to use this build on Domination and i am atm in the place or Meveil,of course in normal.

My question is for the build is that which keystone is the priority first to reach?

Also what is you oppinion is which level do i have to reach the Keystones one by one?

Can you share with me the root what i have to follow till lvl20,lvl30,lvl40,lvl50,lvl60?

I know that i am asking a lot :D

Thanks in advance for your support!
Ing:Ponfer
Last edited by spider81 on Oct 30, 2013, 4:53:26 AM
"
Psyotik wrote:
So far I am level 48 using this build and it has great damage so far and is working great. My only issue is the lack of strength at the beginning of the build. So as of level 48 I am unable to use a life leach skill gem.

You could consider using a couple of +30 str nodes for some time and respeccing them after you get to the vaal pact area. Also, no need to rush for Unwavering Stance ; I took it myself but the Eye would be almost as good as my current amulet so w/e.

"
luorax wrote:
I've been working on something similar for quite some time (with Void Battery, Voidbriner, Bloodrage, Enduring Cry with Cast when Damage Taken, etc), but there's something that bothers me: the Faster Casting gem. What makes it that good? It's a 49% cast speed increase, it doesn't seem to be that good to me. I think an Added Lightning Damage gem could do far more for the build than Faster Casting. I'd appreciate it if you could enlighten me as I'm kinda n00b :P

Also: I think Increased Critical Damage might be better than the chance one, doesn't it? 6% chance to crit vs 100% bonus crit damage, I think the damage wins here.

The way I plan to use my 6 links when I get one:

FP + LMP (can't sustain GMP with Voidbringer) + Life Leech + Mana Leech (again Voidbringer) + Power Charge on Crit + Added Lightning Damage/Increased Critical Damage (not sure yet, will most likely test it with these and Faster Casting - but I plan on going with the Added Lightning Damage).

Anyways it's nice to see someone using a similar build - even though our passive trees differ a lot (mine is hella defensive [got 8200 ES at the moment with a fairly crappy gear], I'm using chayula instead of Unw. Stance, I don't have Vall Pact, etc - this is what I'm making), but the basic idea is the same behind them :)

P.s: do you know about their plans of making the bandit quests redoable? Went with the crappy all resist ones and killed all of them on merciless (Power Charge on Crit wasn't a thing in february, when I first started playing PoE), but I really regret both of these decisions :S

I'm playing another witch with a build similar to yours - sitting on 4k5 ES w/ 3 auras and a somewhat higher base DPS. Works fine on "simple" reflect, but i'm pretty sure that won't work on ele weakness + reflect (for example).
I haven't tried added lightning yet, could give it a shot. But honestly those 49% cast speed are quite useful to get rolling. I don't take cast speed from the passive. Nor do I take the 4% from Alira in cruel. Blood rage gives 30% cast speed only after i've killed 6 mobs. So those 49% are actually quite interesting.

Now reaching 8.5k ES with "crappy gear" seems unlikely. I'm on 2k4 atm and i'd need to switch over to voidbringer and grab a better ES shield - prolly a void battery as well. You get much more ES nodes than I do though, and that helps surviving early on. Our builds are actually quite different.

FP's crit damage is quite insane already, so i'd stick to crit chance. Keep in mind that base damage is terrible, you'd be better off having a more "consistent" DPS by critting for a bit less but critting more often.

I've heard they were thinking about the bandit respec thing, but tbh I don't think it'll ever be implemented. I'd like it though.

Side note : consider using PcoC with Ice Spear to build up charges, and free up the slot on Freezing Pulse.

"
Ohh god.. I didn't know that this build doesn't work on nemesis. ohh god, im screwed again...
I'm a newbie and I dont know what build works where. after my HC duelist build (that i also followed from a guid) got crapped on after the release, I wanted to make a char on nemesis, i figured witch coz, well, witch. and this was one of the 1st builds that came out after the release. So, i jumped right into the waggon... Now, im utterrly screwed. Pls, can you give me some advice on how to make a witch work on nemesis?? does cold/crit/ci build just doesnt work on nemesis in general?

Best tip would be : don't roll a witch. Casters got nerfed pretty hard by the 1.0.0 patch. They had always been quite expensive to gear up, and i'm nowhere close to "rich" - things are getting rough for me now that i'm around level 76. The last areas (Imperial Garden and the areas behind it) are incredibly tough - caster mobs, high burst physical damage, cold res, long range, projectile-proof spheres...
If you're new to the game but yet want to play hardcore (not the best idea ever tbh) you'd be better off rolling a life + armour based character. These are easier to understand while you get a grasp at how the game works, and they are *usually* safer.

"
spider81 wrote:
Hello Stakhanov!

I just started to use this build on Domination and i am atm in the place or Meveil.

My question is for the build is that which keystone is the priority first to reach?

Also what is you oppinion is which level do i have to reach the Keystones one by one?

Thanks in advance for your support!

I didn't take the time to make a proper "step by step" leveling guide. I'll be working on that this week end. I started with the witch area (power charge, ES, mana) then headed to the shadow side. Took Ghost Reaver + CI (and the 4 nodes behind it) a bit before jumping into A2 Cruel. Not the safest choice vs ele/phys damage but I tend to dislike chaos damage.
I'll probably have to tweak around my ES nodes (getting more) by getting Void Barrier. This could be a solid choice before reaching for Vaal Pact : Link
To learn is to live...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info