[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

"
Stakhanov wrote:
"
Buckets0 wrote:
Add some gameplay vids plox :) Sounds fine, but id love to see it in action :D

I'm working on it but I've never recorded / uploaded videos before. This might take a couple of days before i'm able to do that properly.

- Working on 720p compression atm :D

just use fraps and upload it on yt :D no need of super quality :)
"
Buckets0 wrote:
"
Stakhanov wrote:
"
Buckets0 wrote:
Add some gameplay vids plox :) Sounds fine, but id love to see it in action :D

I'm working on it but I've never recorded / uploaded videos before. This might take a couple of days before i'm able to do that properly.

- Working on 720p compression atm :D

just use fraps and upload it on yt :D no need of super quality :)

Yeah well, I'd like not to spend 20 hours uploading a 5-10 minutes video :P I've reached the rate of ~70 MB per minute with a rather decent quality. Guess i'll try to make a couple of "demo videos" before posting them here. Still need to decide which of my 5 Gmail accounts will be used :P

Edit : upload in progress, starting with a standard 66 map. 2 hours to go.
To learn is to live...
Last edited by Stakhanov on Oct 26, 2013, 2:08:19 PM
Bump, started building advanced sections 'n' stuff.
Added a gameplay video - more to come on other maps of the same level w/ interesting rolls.
To learn is to live...
Thank you for all hard work mate, it is very appreciated.
I'm a lv76 witch, I wanted to try this build but when I set it up my damage was so crappy I couldn't kill anything really... maybe it's because my gems are not +20Q? I don't know... this is what I'm using though.

For some reason it's not showing some of my gems also
You're using a level 12 freezing pulse mate. Your gem should be level 19 by now, and yeah, 20%q on it wouldn't hurt. Also, try to use a rare dagger instead of that wand. You could easily get 100% global crit chance (from the implicit + explicit mods) and 50% spell damage.
To learn is to live...
Last edited by Stakhanov on Oct 26, 2013, 7:53:56 PM
Hi, first of all thank you for the guide. First character for me. Wanting to try out this build and have few questions.

1. Do you think i can replace Discharge with Ice Nova? Or is Ice Nova in late game too weak in comparison?

2. Do you spam Blood Rage with your fingers every second? Do you think that adding a Cast on hit gem with Bloodrage connected on the main spell is not a big deal?

3. What will change in term of dmg if I make Ice Spear my main spam spell instead of Frozen Pulse?

4. What auras have you choiced? Clarity, Discipline and Purity? Would you recomend an Elemental Weakness or a Frostbite for the 8th slot? Why?

Thank you in advance for your time!

IGN: Zafferella
"
noemi wrote:
Hi, first of all thank you for the guide. First character for me. Wanting to try out this build and have few questions.

1. Do you think i can replace Discharge with Ice Nova? Or is Ice Nova in late game too weak in comparison?

2. Do you spam Blood Rage with your fingers every second? Do you think that adding a Cast on hit gem with Bloodrage connected on the main spell is not a big deal?

3. What will change in term of dmg if I make Ice Spear my main spam spell instead of Frozen Pulse?

4. What auras have you choiced? Clarity, Discipline and Purity? Would you recomend an Elemental Weakness or a Frostbite for the 8th slot? Why?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Hello ! Interesting questions here.

1. In my opinion, Ice Nova would be better on an experimental tank witch build. It's more of a crow control oriented spell, while discharge is meant to burst everything down in a single cast.

2. Don't worry, my fingers are fine. Blood Rage refreshes its duration every time I kill a monster. Don't even consider linking it (or any other "buff") to freezing pulse using that new support gem though. Your links are too precious to be wasted.

3. I've tried using Ice Spear as a main damage spell. It's decent if you have to sit back in a group and can't walk up the monsters. But its DPS is really lower, I can't mathematically demonstrate why, just swap your gems around for a pack or two and i'll see. This also means that sustaining it even with mana leech is hard, and it won't heal you as much as freezing pulse does. There are probably some links combination I have ignored though.

4. Atm I'm running Clarity + Purity. I'd love to cast Discipline but Voll's protector lowers my mana pool a bit too much. I also am about to take aura nodes which will help running multiple auras. The reason behind them is pretty simple ; Mana regen is needed, Elemental resists are always good, and some additional ES never hurts.
As for curses, i'm swapping Crit. Weakness with Frostbite. I'd probably need to carry an Ele weakness gem for party play too. There's always that problem with curses. They rock for solo play until you face a Curse immune + Resist elemental damage pack. And in groups, they're always replaced.

You're welcome !

PS : Added a video of a Tropical Island with Elemental Equilibrium and 18% reflect.
To learn is to live...
Ops, I didnt read that Blood Rage refreshed after a kill. Now I´m fine with it :)
I literaly sit down and spam Ice spear-Nova-Clarity atm (I applied a passive on hit Frostbite on the Spear) just because I play with by full dmg oriented melee boyfriend. But we suffered a bit killing Dominus on normal and on cruel we´re not so smooth anymore. So i think is time to kick some asses.

Gonna take :

1. Pulse (LMP + Life Leech + Power Charge + Crit. Chance + Crit. Dmg) <--- Mana leech and Faster casting can be skipped? Id loved to add a Cold Penetration support gem instead of the Power Charge one, but I bet it is essential for a good Discharge dmg, right?

2. Discharge (Life Leech + Aoe Inc. + Mana Leech)

3. Blood Rage (Duration) <--- What should I link/Add more?

4. Ice Spear (GMP + Crit. Change + Crit. Dmg) <--- I still love it and a bit of CC. It also have a good strike chance on the 2nd projectile which made this spell complimentary with the build i guess.

5. 6. 7. Purity + Clarity + Discipline (mana reduction) <--- hopefully i will find a way to use the expensive Discipline. Do you think a Totem will be viable? I think this way you can skip this 60% mana reservation? How many aura spells can I link to 1 totem? Just one?

8. Maybe a Discipline Totem <--- Is Hatred useful?

PS: It is a blood rage gem in your dagger? Are you planning on adding Critical weakness? Dont you think it is a waste of 1 slot for a poor 10% Crit. Chance?

PPS: It is so damn difficoult to spy on your gem organization plan from the linked gear images :P

Thanks for reading and for your quick reply :)
IGN: Zafferella
anyone know if freezing pulse has a cast speed limit?

anyway loving this guide

thanks.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info