[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

Now that's gonna give me some serious material to think and write about.

1. You could skip the crit damage and use the 6th link for mana leech. The multiplier is really insane already. Depends on how you feel sustaining the spam without it. Also, the power charges grant you 50% crit chance each, thats 300% total with 6 charges, meaning 0.06*300 = 18% additional crit chance on freezing pulse. Freezing pulse needs a 10-link so badly :D See "4." for another option.

2. Discharge is fine as it is. The damage could go up with Concentrated Effect / Increased crit strike chance/multiplier. But then that'd be a sub-optimal discharge build, and your BF would be the one sitting back as you 1-shot packs on the way to the boss :P

3. You could use faster casting on blood rage. Nothing mandatory but that save a little cast time that can sometimes be helpful.

4. If you already have a 4L GBBB you could swap out increased crit damage for Power Charge on Critical. Building charges from afar and getting closer for FP spam. That'd free up the PCoC slot from FP and allow you to use cold pen, mana leech or faster casting.

5.6.7. I don't think totems can use auras. Just stick to clarity + Purity until you get enough mana reservation nodes. If your BF is tanking you won't need discipline that badly, clarity will help you sustain non-stop casting, and purity will help both of you with elemental damage.

8. Hatred for increased cold damage is another cool option. But i'd need to get a shavs and switch to low life to use that many auras ;)

I know the forum displays in a weird way using Chrome, you can use Firefox if you want to take a look at the gems. Gonna do a gear update right now as a couple of links have changed.

"
tobes111 wrote:
anyone know if freezing pulse has a cast speed limit?

anyway loving this guide

thanks.

Some time ago (maybe its still there) there was a guide for a 0.25s cast time freezing pulse. 4 casts per second seems quite good as well.
To learn is to live...
Last edited by Stakhanov on Oct 27, 2013, 7:26:49 AM
Yeah i was reflecting on the multiplier option right now and i am definetely going for it!

Your suggestions are all great and much appreciated. Now I feel this build just perfect and gonna start building it.

Many thanks and sorry for all that questions :)
IGN: Zafferella
Would this work in Nemesis or is it too squishy?
"
Silly_Strings wrote:
Would this work in Nemesis or is it too squishy?

It is way too squishy. For Nemesis i'd recommend a "simpler" FP build, using the Templar area for defense.
To learn is to live...
How would you recommend leveling with this build?
Hi! First of all, thank you for providing us this guide! I'm not experienced with the game so I have a few questions to understand it.
I'm playing my Witch with 2 friends (Domination League) : a 2H marauder and a ranger.

1. With no armor nodes and Unwavering Stance, how can we survive end game mobs? Life Leech is enough?

2. With FP, I found myself dying too much in front and dealing poor damage while ranged so I switched for Ice Spear and that worked but I know that FP is more efficient... Any advices for me?

3. For a party player with a melee mate, does discharge still worth it? (Especially if I stick with Ice Spear?).

4. Have you any ideas on improving this build specifically for a party player?

Ty!

(Sorry for the possible mistakes, English is not my native language)
Last edited by Litoki16 on Oct 27, 2013, 10:09:56 PM
"
Litoki16 wrote:
Hi! First of all, thank you for providing us this guide! I'm not experienced with the game so I have a few questions to understand it.
I'm playing my Witch with 2 friends (Domination League) : a 2H marauder and a ranger.

1. With no armor nodes and Unwavering Stance, how can we survive end game mobs? Life Leech is enough?

1. There are some armor nodes in skill tree like Falth and Steel. All you need is energy shield.
You can use Eye of Chayula Onyx Amulet to reach can't be stunned
Can you tell me why I deal no damage? I need so long for the guys in fellshrine ruins and I'm level 77 O.o I'm just sitting at 1.1k dps but I also have 30%crit chance and 240% multiplier like you and can't kill something O.o I'm sad :(

Same problem that I pointed out to another guy before : your freezing pulse should be level 19.
Also, drop the "increased crit chance" for "power charge on critical" if you don't use Voll's protector. Else you'll be "wasting" 6 power charges which are worth 300% crit chance (18% as far as freezing pulse is concerned).
To learn is to live...
I have just one may be silly question: why it's witch? It seems like perfect shadow build.
Oh, yes, also, have you played this build from the begining or just respect after relise?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info