[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

"
coscio77 wrote:
Very interesting guide! I'm just wondering....when to take CI and Vaal Pact? Is there a minimun amount of ES to gain before grab CI?

This is always the tricky question.
If you're not running Voll's protector then you're probably fine taking CI when you get around 2k / 2k5 ES depending on what you're comfortable with.
Vaal Pact can be taken at any time after you've taken CI. It doesn't prevent ES regeneration so it's really not a problem.
To learn is to live...
"
Os_Pirata wrote:
What do you think of the Mind Over Matter Keystone? I suppose it also works with CI. Could be a good option for those who need that extra defense.

I have a feeling that it does not work with CI, because you don't take damage to "Life"
merp merp
"
Navac wrote:
"
Os_Pirata wrote:
What do you think of the Mind Over Matter Keystone? I suppose it also works with CI. Could be a good option for those who need that extra defense.

I have a feeling that it does not work with CI, because you don't take damage to "Life"

I'm pretty sure it could work this way :

- A monster deals damage
- The player's damage reduction is applied
- 30% of that amount is applied to mana
- The rest of that damage is dealt as usual

My guess is that the word "life" is used to clarify how the spell works.
To learn is to live...
Does this build require any kind of special equipment?
I'd like to try this with a new character and have no gear to equip him with other than the stuff i find along the way. Will this still work?

Thanks for the guide! :)
"
sasoro wrote:
Does this build require any kind of special equipment?
I'd like to try this with a new character and have no gear to equip him with other than the stuff i find along the way. Will this still work?

Thanks for the guide! :)

Also wondering about this, will this work for cheap farmer? I'm really trying to avoid summoner.
Most Witch builds require decent gear to get rolling.
This one is no exception i'm afraid, though you could make it work without much.

Here's what I'd recommend :

Dream Fragments - This one is a must. You may use it from level 11 to 100. ~3 ex
RainbowStride - Pretty useful as well : max mana, decent ES, 20% to all elemental resists. ~2.5 ex
Eye of Chayula - Rather good for leveling till you get Unwavering Stance. Less than 1 ex.

These could really be the core of your build, as they are "Best in slot" for a while. You can also use the following :
Voll's protector - 4L is enough for leveling, and if you get enough ES out of the head+shield+gloves, you should be fine. 5L sells for roughly 2 ex.
Divinarius - High crit, spell damage, 10% inc AoE. Overall a decent dagger if you didn't get to drop a strong rare. Bought mine for around 10 chaos.

That's roughly 8.5 ex worth of gear, not too bad considering the first 3 items will work for almost any other witch. As for farming with this build, i'd say it could work, but you won't stack that much IIQ/IIR.
To learn is to live...
Thanks for explaining Stakhanov.

I'm new to the game, so I'm really starting with nothing here. :D
The passive tree is simply overwhelming, so i tried to find some guidlines here on the forums to get rolling. But almost every guide/build apparently requires some amount of good gear, so I really dont know what I should be doing right now. :P

I think I just try out this build or something similar and see where it leads me.
"
sasoro wrote:
Thanks for explaining Stakhanov.

I'm new to the game, so I'm really starting with nothing here. :D
The passive tree is simply overwhelming, so i tried to find some guidlines here on the forums to get rolling. But almost every guide/build apparently requires some amount of good gear, so I really dont know what I should be doing right now. :P

I think I just try out this build or something similar and see where it leads me.

Your best bet would probably be to try out a summoner build first. These are really cheap and seem to work quite well. This could give you time to get a good grip at how the game works, and gather currency for a couple of good items. A.f.a.i.k summoner builds aren't that laggy nowadays (unless you spec into some fireball ribbons spectres paired with GPM) which is always good if you wanna party with other players from time to time.

My very first character in early open beta was a Freezing Pulse witch that I stopped around level 45/50 where the lack of decent items/quality gems/etc threw me off. I came back to this play style after a while, with more experience and some decent starting gear.
To learn is to live...
Very nice guide. Specing my 77 to this right now

Thanks!
hmm very low ES, could be hard in higher maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info