[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

How Chaos Inucation is working?

I have currently about 400 life + 70 energy shield.

If i would take this skill i should have 1 life with 70 ES,so tottaly 71 "life"?

What is the best way to improve the ES?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Ing:Ponfer
"
spider81 wrote:

If i would take this skill i should have 1 life with 70 ES,so tottaly 71 "life"?

CI makes you immune to chaos damage, but makes your life "1".

Hence, you can only take damage equal to your Energy Shield before dying. To improve your ES you need :
- ES on gear (circlet / chest / shield / gloves / boots)
- ES nodes (+X % increased maximum Energy Shield)

Note that the nodes behind CI grant a total of 18% increased ES, and the last node is "More" ES, meaning it's 12% on top of the rest.

1000 ES from gear + 100 % increased + 12% more = (1000 + 1000) * 1.12 = 2240 ES

I didn't factor intelligence here, but it works like increased ES too (I believe it's 1% ES per 5 int).
To learn is to live...
"
Stakhanov wrote:
"
spider81 wrote:

CI makes you immune to chaos damage, but makes your life "1".

Hence, you can only take damage equal to your Energy Shield before dying. To improve your ES you need :
- ES on gear (circlet / chest / shield / gloves / boots)
- ES nodes (+X % increased maximum Energy Shield)

Note that the nodes behind CI grant a total of 18% increased ES, and the last node is "More" ES, meaning it's 12% on top of the rest.

1000 ES from gear + 100 % increased + 12% more = (1000 + 1000) * 1.12 = 2240 ES

I didn't factor intelligence here, but it works like increased ES too (I believe it's 1% ES per 5 int).

So if i understood well at the moment if i would take the CI i will bet after the 71 "life"?

So i should die in every minutes :D

What do you think in which level should i take the CI? I guess it will be aftre when i will have minimum 1000 ES on the pocket.Am i right?
Last edited by spider81 on Oct 31, 2013, 5:17:37 AM
I usually make the switch around level 40/45 (Act 2 cruel) with roughly 1k / 1k5 ES. That's probably not the best idea ever though.
To learn is to live...
"
Stakhanov wrote:
I usually make the switch around level 40/45 (Act 2 cruel) with roughly 1k / 1k5 ES. That's probably not the best idea ever though.

Okay thanks,i will do like this!

I am atm only lvl 21 in normal act2.

1000 ES from armor means that 1000% increase ES?
Last edited by spider81 on Oct 31, 2013, 5:21:19 AM
No, it means "1.000" energy shield. Like 1.000 life.
To learn is to live...
"
Stakhanov wrote:

First of all sorry for the lot of question,but i am coming form the "psyhical dmg" characters world and this ES calculation is not totally clear for me and i juts learning the new side of the world :).

On your gear i only saw +ES on your hat and thats all....also i think to collect purely 1000 ES from circlet / chest / shield / gloves / boots it is a lot!

It means + 200 pure ES / armor piece.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.
"
spider81 wrote:
"
Stakhanov wrote:

but i am coming form the "psyhical dmg" characters world and this ES calculation is not totally clear for me and i juts learning the new side of the world :).

A lot of "physcal dmg" characters use ES with CI :)

But basically, there are two types of ES bonuses on most items: flat and percentage. Flat adds to the base ES of the given item, and then this "sum" gets multiplied by your ES modifiers from passives/other sources AND the percentage bonus on the item (this is also additive).

So, if you have an item with a base ES of 100, and you have a flat mod with the bonus of 50, and a percentage one with 25%, and you have 32% from passives, the ES that this item will grant you:

( 100 + 50 ) * ( 1.0 + 0.25 + 0.32 ) = 235.5

Now if you have CI, since it the 12% bonus is MORE, it multiplies this total by 1.12, so with CI it would look like:

( ( 100 + 50 ) * ( 1.0 + 0.25 + 0.32 ) ) * 1.12 = 263.76

Hope this kinda clarifies things.
Last edited by luorax on Oct 31, 2013, 8:48:56 AM
Why not go for iron reflexes on this build?
"
luorax wrote:
"
spider81 wrote:
"
Stakhanov wrote:

but i am coming form the "psyhical dmg" characters world and this ES calculation is not totally clear for me and i juts learning the new side of the world :).

A lot of "physcal dmg" characters use ES with CI :)

But basically, there are two types of ES bonuses on most items: flat and percentage. Flat adds to the base ES of the given item, and then this "sum" gets multiplied by your ES modifiers from passives/other sources AND the percentage bonus on the item (this is also additive).

So, if you have an item with a base ES of 100, and you have a flat mod with the bonus of 50, and a percentage one with 25%, and you have 32% from passives, the ES that this item will grant you:

( 100 + 50 ) * ( 1.0 + 0.25 + 0.32 ) = 235.5

Now if you have CI, since it the 12% bonus is MORE, it multiplies this total by 1.12, so with CI it would look like:

( ( 100 + 50 ) * ( 1.0 + 0.25 + 0.32 ) ) * 1.12 = 263.76

Hope this kinda clarifies things.

Thanks a lot Mate for the clarification,but still do not see how i will find items with 100+ ES + a good % of modifier.
However i am bit afraid about the survibility of the low ES on Merciless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info