[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

"
Hey, I love the idea of this. Has everything I love. Witch (check), Cold DMG (check), Fun Discharge ability (check).

I'm curious, I see you have very low (imo, maybe not everyones) ES in your videos. Are you playing on Standard, HC, or Nemesis if I may ask? If not on Nemesis, could this build work on Nemesis.

Also, have you tried the idea of FP/Cold Snap with Cast on Crit procing Discharge instead of the Manual Cast? Something like FP/CS>Cast on Crit>Power Charge>Discharge>?>?.

I'm not trying to undermine or alter crazily your build/guide its amazing and I'm going to be following it now since I just reeped :'(.

I've never really made a viable build myself so just wondering if the Discharge on Crit would work. Much love for the build. thanks :)

(just a little easier on the eyes question)
1: your league you play on, this work for Nemesis?
2: Ever try Discharge on Crit?

I'm playing on standard. Don't even think about this build for nemesis. Unless you plan on switching to standard quite soon :P

Quick note about your cast on crit plans : it can only be triggered by an attack (I.E, GMP).
I'll probably give other setups a shot though, as this gets limited power in 70+ maps.

"
spider81 wrote:
Which skill gem has teleport ability? I am not speaking aabout the Portal gem :)

Lightning warp + reduced duration + faster casting.
:D
To learn is to live...
Last edited by Stakhanov on Dec 9, 2013, 6:28:15 AM
How do you manage with the low mana pool?
"
Kiritsu wrote:

Hi!

I had similar issue on the past.

Nowdays i have about 1100 Mana and about 800 is reserved for 2 auras and i have no issue with it!

I have about 80% mana regeration from items and also i have some from passives.

Also the Rainbowstride helped me to increase the maximum amount of mana.

Ing:Ponfer
Found the answer to my question.

Love the build so far :)
Last edited by D00MB0x on Dec 17, 2013, 10:08:39 PM
"
spider81 wrote:
"
Kiritsu wrote:

Hi!

I had similar issue on the past.

Nowdays i have about 1100 Mana and about 800 is reserved for 2 auras and i have no issue with it!

I have about 80% mana regeration from items and also i have some from passives.

Also the Rainbowstride helped me to increase the maximum amount of mana.

I see! thanks for the reply!
So I've been playing this build for 6 weeks or so now and I just wanted to show off my gear/skill tree.

I'm level 87.

Skill Tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4FtQdjDkgQexEvEVARlhXXFfAXVBjbGdUa2yFgIoEotSo4KwoshSy_LR8vbzMMO-E-z0CgQsNHBkyzUDBRR1ZjVvpXK1oaW69d8l8qX2pjQ2qTbRluaXBScLtw1XRVdPF8zn_Ghq6IQohri3qMNo2_jjyZmp2jnrmio6crtMW2Qbb3u9a95r46vqfAD8BRwFTBAMHFwfPC7MNtxLjSTdXt1fjXhtkT2xrbXt0N34Ti9-OE5oHnVOtj6-TsGO4O707yHfLh8-r1S_lj_Kv8xf4r_94=
I'm happy to see how this is going for most of the players around here ! :)
I've personally stopped playing it ; partying a lot more with a beefier character, I've had enough of all the crap that comes along with being C.I.
I'll probably give it another try once I'm done with my current character and can gear up properly, and some changes to the mechanics have been made. For now, the "core pieces" (5L volls and divinarius) have been sold.

Doing all the testing and experiments brought the character running this build to around 300 deaths (scrubcore op lulz) so that possibly explains it. Funnily enough, this character's name is "HappyMemories". Oh well.
To learn is to live...
"
Stakhanov wrote:
I'm happy to see how this is going for most of the players around here ! :)
I've personally stopped playing it ; partying a lot more with a beefier character, I've had enough of all the crap that comes along with being C.I.
I'll probably give it another try once I'm done with my current character and can gear up properly, and some changes to the mechanics have been made. For now, the "core pieces" (5L volls and divinarius) have been sold.

Doing all the testing and experiments brought the character running this build to around 300 deaths (scrubcore op lulz) so that possibly explains it. Funnily enough, this character's name is "HappyMemories". Oh well.

I'll be looking forward to an updated version after you're done with your current build of a different character I suppose. If you have other interesting builds I'll love to take a look at them !
"
Kiritsu wrote:
I'll be looking forward to an updated version after you're done with your current build of a different character I suppose. If you have other interesting builds I'll love to take a look at them !

I've tried some Cast on crit stuff too, but that doesn't feel like a caster at all. It'll probably wait a couple of updates.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to either try out ZiggyD's EK Scion build and its variants (it was designed for Nemesis so you could probably build a little more offence in SC) or Z3roSh0ts "Scorched Earth (How to be a Fire Witch)". A trap-oriented build - close to what I tried on a Templar ; only better. Both of these builds I have tried and enjoyed ;)

As far as "C.I high dps self-casting" goes, I'm still doing some maths from time to time, trying to round out a viable build.
To learn is to live...
"
Stakhanov wrote:
"
Kiritsu wrote:

I've tried some Cast on crit stuff too, but that doesn't feel like a caster at all. It'll probably wait a couple of updates.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to either try out ZiggyD's EK Scion build and its variants (it was designed for Nemesis so you could probably build a little more offence in SC) or Z3roSh0ts "Scorched Earth (How to be a Fire Witch)". A trap-oriented build - close to what I tried on a Templar ; only better. Both of these builds I have tried and enjoyed ;)

As far as "C.I high dps self-casting" goes, I'm still doing some maths from time to time, trying to round out a viable build.

Thanks for the share! I'll try out ZiggD's EK scion build and see how it goes, since I've already tried a shadow trapper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info