[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

What wand would you choose ? Spell damage > crit ??

for end game mapping, what is the minimum energy shield should i have
"
Stakhanov wrote:

Your best bet would probably be to try out a summoner build first. These are really cheap and seem to work quite well. This could give you time to get a good grip at how the game works, and gather currency for a couple of good items. A.f.a.i.k summoner builds aren't that laggy nowadays (unless you spec into some fireball ribbons spectres paired with GPM) which is always good if you wanna party with other players from time to time.

My very first character in early open beta was a Freezing Pulse witch that I stopped around level 45/50 where the lack of decent items/quality gems/etc threw me off. I came back to this play style after a while, with more experience and some decent starting gear.

Ok, I'll try that instead. Thanks for the advice.
I'm using your build and so far i'm loving it. Thanks for sharing! :)
I5 3570k @ 5.0 ghz 1.3 volt - EVGA GTX 670 @ 1293 mhz - MSI Mpower z77 - Samsung 830 series 128gb - Kingston HyperX Genesis - 1600mhz 8gb - Rosewill Capstone 750-M - Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Since you have taken a few strength nodes, might it be worth taking Iron Grip? After all all our attacks are projectiles

And why not go with Iron reflexes? After all we can't evade attacks anyway once we have Unwavering stance.
Last edited by sikker on Oct 25, 2013, 10:32:48 PM
Hi. I find your build very interesting and i yesterday i spec'ed my lvl 53 witch to be a "crazy" witch :) So first of all thanks for posting it. I have a few questions regarding the build you might have an answer to:

1) I was wondering if you have considered dropping US and taking the chance to avoid stun nodes instead freeing up some skill points and going with ES/Evasion instead of armor? Would that work end game?

2) Have you tried throwing Cold snap into the mix for utility? I'm thinking a 4L with Discharge - Cold Snap - Area of Effect and something else like elem. prof.

3) What about a cast on damage taken with enduring cry for some protection?

Well that was on my mind when i woke up today - off to farm the ledge :D
wanted to try this out, but doesn't it have too low ES?
Does this build able to solo Dominus boss?

Last edited by CyberCrystalEx on Oct 26, 2013, 6:03:29 AM
"
Pumle wrote:
Hi. I find your build very interesting and i yesterday i spec'ed my lvl 53 witch to be a "crazy" witch :) So first of all thanks for posting it. I have a few questions regarding the build you might have an answer to:

1) I was wondering if you have considered dropping US and taking the chance to avoid stun nodes instead freeing up some skill points and going with ES/Evasion instead of armor? Would that work end game?

2) Have you tried throwing Cold snap into the mix for utility? I'm thinking a 4L with Discharge - Cold Snap - Area of Effect and something else like elem. prof.

3) What about a cast on damage taken with enduring cry for some protection?

Well that was on my mind when i woke up today - off to farm the ledge :D

I didn't consider dropping US since you'd need the stun reduction and "steady hands" along with "heart of oak". That would mean making a completely different build. I tried out cold snap, I don't really like it. As for cast on damage, I can't see it being bad, I'd just need to think about it.

"
sikker wrote:
Since you have taken a few strength nodes, might it be worth taking Iron Grip? After all all our attacks are projectiles

And why not go with Iron reflexes? After all we can't evade attacks anyway once we have Unwavering stance.

Iron grip works only for attacks, unfortunately :(
Iron Reflexes could be a good idea but only later on if you or someone in your party uses grace.

"
sljohn004 wrote:
wanted to try this out, but doesn't it have too low ES?

The ES is *rather* low if you stick to Voll's Protector. Otherwise it's fine. I'm on 2k4 atm with only my headgear swapped around. That'd be 3k+ with voidbringers instead of maligaro's and somewhere around 4k with discipline. Not too bad if you ask me.

"
Does this build able to solo Dominus boss?

I ain't gonna lie, I posted it before killing dominus. And merciless dominus ain't an easy fight for a level 69 character with regular gear. Good thing is you can start doing maps even if you haven't killed him yet.
To learn is to live...
Add some gameplay vids plox :) Sounds fine, but id love to see it in action :D
"
Buckets0 wrote:
Add some gameplay vids plox :) Sounds fine, but id love to see it in action :D

I'm working on it but I've never recorded / uploaded videos before. This might take a couple of days before i'm able to do that properly.

- Working on 720p compression atm :D
To learn is to live...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info