[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

This is getting funny.

"
DragonRU wrote:

Only serious differences are that I did not go to Vaal pact, and instead Voll I using power charge on crit gem. Especially because I do not have 50% mana reduced and do not need mana leech.

"Only serious difference" - dude, you're talking about removing 17 points off the original build. You can't discharge on reflect mobs. And mana leech will be needed at some point ; its just a matter of support gems.

"
DragonRU wrote:

55% chance to generate power charge on crit is less than 100% - but still enough, especially considering that I can take more crit nodes than you. And i easily can discharge two/three times in a row, using frenzy charges.

With your setup you need to proc the PcoC gem 6 times. With voll's, a single crit on two mobs with the 3 "projectiles" will get you charged up. You also gain the ability to spam cold snap - hence perma-freeze everything on the screen without running out of power charges.
About the "crit chance nodes" you're talking about 55% spell crit chance - that's 3.3 base crit chance for freezing pulse. Much better.
Also, a 0/5 (power/frenzy) discharge sucks compared to a 6/6.

"
DragonRU wrote:

Suboptimal? It clearing Lunaris as fast as your build, in same time having way more MF, less gear dependant, and have much better sutvivability on maps.

Hell ye, clearing lunaris. You gain 105 % rarity (158 if you cull using cold snap). That *might* help while playing solo, but is irrelevant to party play.
Your gear isn't that cheap either ; 700 ES 5L double res (even if a bit lowish) on a chest is probably as expensive as a 5L Voll's. And I can't see how your survivability is that much better. Dodging projectile attacks is good ; preventing mobs from even attacking is better.

Now if you want to push further the idea of an ES/eva build, please do so. But not in there.
To learn is to live...
What about taking Iron Reflexes, to get some "Armour" out of your Dex? These Dex-Nodes on the way to Vaal Pact doesn't give that much dodge at all, and I am thinking if the 2 extra points for Iron Reflexes are worth it?
Last edited by Necro_42739 on Nov 23, 2013, 8:15:51 AM
"
What about taking Iron Reflexes, to get some "Armour" out of your Dex? These Dex-Nodes on the way to Vaal Pact doesn't give that much dodge at all, and I am thinking if the 2 extra points for Iron Reflexes are worth it?

I you manage to get a strong Eva/ES shield and play with someone who runs a maxed-out grace, that could be an idea. I didn't take it because my gear grants no evasion at all.
To learn is to live...
"

Keep in mind that Dex doesn't provide any bonus to Evasion if you convert it to armor via Iron Reflexes.
Are the really expensive items like Dream Fragments and Rainbowstride really needed? Can I get some decent rares to cover up for them, or won't the build work that way?
Is this a good build for nemesis?
"
ashy20011 wrote:

You have to ready all the pages of this topic.

It was mentioned before that for HC or Nemesis this build is not a good choice.
Ing:Ponfer
"
ashy20011 wrote:

No.
To learn is to live...
"
spider81 wrote:
"
ashy20011 wrote:

I am just starting Nemesis (no money/gear) and am interested in playing a cold based caster. What would you recommend instead of this build? Basically I just want to be able to freeze everything on the screen before it gets near me
"
Cackfiend wrote:
"
spider81 wrote:
"
ashy20011 wrote:

I am just starting Nemesis (no money/gear) and am interested in playing a cold based caster. What would you recommend instead of this build? Basically I just want to be able to freeze everything on the screen before it gets near me

If you want to play a cold caster, then you should give a try to the "cold witch guide for beginers" written by bada_bing. There's a lot of cool stuff in there, it is completely different but well better for hardcore.
To learn is to live...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info