[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

I modified this build a lot to get much better survivability without sacrificing dps.

My current build -
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4FQgW1B2MM8g5IEHsRLxFQEZYVGhXXFr8XVB6BIoEnqSsKLJwsvy0fMHw74T1fPs9BlkLDRKtHBkuNTLNQMFFHUlNVrlZjVytd8l8qX2pjQ20ZcFJw1X5Zfyt_xoIQhq6H24hCjDaNv448j6aZmp2jnyeio6XLpyuus7TFtve95r46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtzerWiteG2xrbXt-E37Di9-OE5oHrFOtj6-TsGPId8uHz6vVL-vH8q_8c

Gear:
Spoiler

Main differences are:
+) very high evasion (46% against lvl 75 mobs). Almost complete immunity to projectiles (Piety in ice form just cannot hit me). No problems with mana (no 50% mana reduction from Voll)
-) slightly slower power charges generation. But it is not an issue - they are still generating very fast. No Vaal Pact - which means ele reflect maps way slower (but still doable). Also you need to check elite type before you pop discharge. However, with this evasion and block witch can just kill those packs with FP.
IGNs:
Vianta, Haulo, Darol, GanMorri
"
DragonRU wrote:
I modified this build a lot to get much better survivability without sacrificing dps.

My current build -
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4FQgW1B2MM8g5IEHsRLxFQEZYVGhXXFr8XVB6BIoEnqSsKLJwsvy0fMHw74T1fPs9BlkLDRKtHBkuNTLNQMFFHUlNVrlZjVytd8l8qX2pjQ20ZcFJw1X5Zfyt_xoIQhq6H24hCjDaNv448j6aZmp2jnyeio6XLpyuus7TFtve95r46wFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtzerWiteG2xrbXt-E37Di9-OE5oHrFOtj6-TsGPId8uHz6vVL-vH8q_8c

Gear:
Spoiler

Main differences are:
+) very high evasion (46% against lvl 75 mobs). Almost complete immunity to projectiles (Piety in ice form just cannot hit me). No problems with mana (no 50% mana reduction from Voll)
-) slightly slower power charges generation. But it is not an issue - they are still generating very fast. No Vaal Pact - which means ele reflect maps way slower (but still doable). Also you need to check elite type before you pop discharge. However, with this evasion and block witch can just kill those packs with FP.

I like your changes,i was thinking about the same.

Now i was convinced that this build can be good as well,but i think i will need the q gems for it...

How many ES do you have at the moment?

How many ES did you have when you eliminated the life nodes and on which level?

How much evasion do you have?

Can you share with us the stat print screen of your character?
Ing:Ponfer
Last edited by spider81 on Nov 18, 2013, 6:49:24 AM
"
spider81 wrote:

I like your changes,i was thinking about the same.

Now i was convinced that this build can be good as well,but i think i will need the q gems for it...

Only quality gem that is really necessary is FP, all others are just for convinience.

"
spider81 wrote:

How many ES do you have at the moment?

"
spider81 wrote:

How many ES did you have when you eliminated the life nodes and on which level?

Around 700. I did switch to CI immediately after I did go to cruel - Blood Rage + Discharge combo was very powerful at that levels.

"
spider81 wrote:

How much evasion do you have?

"
spider81 wrote:

Can you share with us the stat print screen of your character?

Not now, sorry.

Btw, keep in mind that this build is mostly designed to farm Piety. There is too many map mods that can make clearing quite slow - slow regen, no regen, cold resist. But farming Piety is very fast and easy.
IGNs:
I want to share with you some experience during act1-2 in merc.
AT the moment i just started act3.

I changed to CI at the beginning of Act1 merc when i had about 700 ES.

Now with the new items the ES is about 3.3k and i love it!

Now i have not got a big issue with the survivability,but now i have to focus more on the dmg!

The Blood rage is op! especially with Discharge,but also with Freezin Pulze.

Now i have a small difficulty,because i changed my amulet and i lost dex and i can not use the actual lvl of my rage game..i miss 3 dex :((((...but soon lvl up and it will be ok!

I put here my items what are average.No Maligaro,No Divinarius,No Dream Fragment....

But it works!

I am looking for the day when i will have the exes for the metnioned 3 items + a 6L armor and i think after it my witch will be really " crazy" :D

Last edited by spider81 on Nov 21, 2013, 4:12:07 AM
A quick question...

How blood magic will work with ES character?Because we have 1 life only.

Last edited by spider81 on Nov 21, 2013, 4:52:57 AM
"
spider81 wrote:
A quick question...

Blood magic doesn't work on CI builds.
"
Norodian wrote:
"
spider81 wrote:
A quick question...

Blood magic doesn't work on CI builds.

Ok thx,noted :(
"
DragonRU wrote:

My current build -
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler

Main differences are:

How is your build related to mine ? I can't see them having anything in common - apart from the possible FP use.
"Slightly less power charges generation" - yeah, you mean, no power charge generation at all (looking at what you linked). And no way you can discharge two/three times in a row.

This is a suboptimal FP build you're using here, the idea of using both evasion and cold damage is great, but CI doesn't feel like its the way to go.

To learn is to live...
Hello Stakhanov...again :)
Can you write in a few words of the method how and when you are using your spells?

Also i put here mine,but i just started to use cold snap,so this method maybe not the best one.

Using Clarity to garantee the mana recoveration.

So first i put blood rage and if i will have only one opponent inot the same time i ma using FP.

If i will find a group that i put Critical Weakness on them,after Cold Snap and aftre Discharge.

If somebody still living FP again...

So what do you think?:)
"
Stakhanov wrote:

How is your build related to mine ? I can't see them having anything in common - apart from the possible FP use.

Only serious differences are that I did not go to Vaal pact, and instead Voll I using power charge on crit gem. Especially because I do not have 50% mana reduced and do not need mana leech.

"
Stakhanov wrote:

"Slightly less power charges generation" - yeah, you mean, no power charge generation at all (looking at what you linked). And no way you can discharge two/three times in a row.

55% chance to generate power charge on crit is less than 100% - but still enough, especially considering that I can take more crit nodes than you. And i easily can discharge two/three times in a row, using frenzy charges.

"
Stakhanov wrote:

This is a suboptimal FP build you're using here, the idea of using both evasion and cold damage is great, but CI doesn't feel like its the way to go.

Suboptimal? It clearing Lunaris as fast as your build, in same time having way more MF, less gear dependant, and have much better sutvivability on maps.
IGNs:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info