[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

Hee i reallly want to thank you for the guide and i want to show you were i am right now with it. im also going to ask some questions.

Right now im lvl 44 and i decided to change some of the gems tou used and i want your opinion about it.

Spoiler
mostly im only using (only look at the links and gems, forget the itens)

as my main attack.

im also using:

its my main defense, im suprised how well the totem is working, its criticals are amazing and being able to stand behind it and cast my freezing pulse its what keeps me alive for now,
since my armor hp and Ms are a bit low.

my resistances are capt thoo.

But what do you say about the totem? will it still be a good option late game!?
(Saying this as a player who never really got late game)

Spoiler
ALso i want to know your opinion about this iten.
(This time nvm the links and gems. only look at the iten)

and why didnt you choose it above the one you showed us.

I dropped it myzelf and made it 5gem spots also myself, ill soon try to make it 5link as soon as i can.

do you thing your iten, chest, is a better choice above this item?

Spoiler

I would also like to know what your build is at a even higher level.

im thinking about it and isnt it worth it taking the points like i show you on this link right after the points you showed us and after getting Hex master and Whisper of doom.
i mean since you want down all that way and evasion isnt that great at the game (i heard?)

the idea would be to get more mana to run easily 3 auras and beeing able to remove the leech mana from the dicharge to replace it with more damage or something like that.
and to get more armor for tankinnes without losing the movement speed that we all love.

(Skill Tree) 115 points used
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0C_gW1B2MM8g5IEHsRLxFQEZYUsBXXF1Qa2yFgIoEnqSi1KaUqOCsKLIUsvy0fL285UjowO-E9Xz7PQKBCw0cGTLNOKk5tUDBRR1JTVmNW-lcrWAdaGluvXfJfKl9qY0Nqk20ZbmlwUnC7cNV0VXTxfM5_xoauiEKIa4t6jDaNv448j6aZmp2jnrmio6XLpyu0xbZBtve71rw3vea-Or6nwA_AUcBUwQDBxcHzwuzDbcS4zerSTdXt1fjXhtkT2xrbXt0N34Ti9-OE5oHrY-vk7BjuDu9O8h3y4fPq9Uv5Y_yr_MU=

(Another question is does Acceleration effects freezing pulse? 12% attack speed

This discussion might be useless since i dont even know if i ever will get so far but, im just curious to know your opinion about it

Spoiler

Also im thinking about using this:
(once again dont look at the iten only the linkgs and gem)

i dont even know yet if it will be possible, because of my mana pool.
im not able to try it out yet because of the lack of gem spots.

but ill try it in the future.

the reasont i want to try this is that the enduring cry would give defence and up the damage of my dicharge
molten shell is clear why i would use it
and the summon skeletons for a meat shield and aggro help

I want to apologize for my bad english and if you want you can whisp me in game so we could discus these items.

Thank you very much again for the feed back.
and btw the feedback of everyone is welcome along with the feedback of the maker of the build.
Last edited by 0new on Nov 25, 2013, 1:58:58 PM
Hi ! I'll try my best to help you out.

Ice Nova totem :
I never tried it tbh, but if it works for you, then all good :) Later on you might want to use a skeleton totem to "swarm" the monsters, but you'll see this for yourself.

Icetomb, Latticed Ringmail :
This might be good while you are levelling, due to it having rather high defensive values. However, it will never be better than a proper ES chest. Don't even try to 5L it either, you'd be wasting currency.

115 points build :
Don't plan that far ahead. It requires a level 96 character with my choice of bandit rewards, which is very unlikely. Regarding attack speed, it doesn't affect freezing pulse at all. What you need is "cast speed".

Cast when damage taken :
don't worry about the mana. Spells that are cast this way have no cost. All you need to do is pay attention to the level requirement of CwDT compared to the requirement of the supported spells. If you haven't read the recent "nerfs" to it, it can only cast spells that have a level requirement lower or equal to its level requirement. I.E a level 1 CwDT can cast a level 5 enduring cry.
To learn is to live...
This is the way we should be using discharge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR9S3wQ4j3U
"
stevenlauzon wrote:
This is the way we should be using discharge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR9S3wQ4j3U

Interesting video indeed, will investigate further.

At first glance you aren't using Vaal Pact nor do you have any form of mana leech. So in an "ideal" setup it works just fine, but if the map rolls stuff like ele reflect and/or 50% regen, then you're screwed.

This was an easy map.
To learn is to live...
Last edited by Stakhanov on Nov 25, 2013, 6:28:03 PM
As far as mana leech goes I really don't need it in 50% maps either, I just move a little slower and its just fine with a single mana potion. I can do pretty much any map other than blood magic (obviously) and no mana or life regen. I'd be happy to link up my gear and answer any questions you have about the build.
"
stevenlauzon wrote:
As far as mana leech goes I really don't need it in 50% maps either, I just move a little slower and its just fine with a single mana potion. I can do pretty much any map other than blood magic (obviously) and no mana or life regen. I'd be happy to link up my gear and answer any questions you have about the build.

Feel free to link whatever the hell you want.

But here's my question :
Would you clear a map with 18% base reflect ?

To learn is to live...
My setup is very similar to yours as far as gear goes but I don't use Voll's

Spoiler

And as for even double reflect, 18% base and added rare mod, this on switch makes it even too easy.

Spoiler

Build

Next level I'll probably pick up that 4% movement speed, like I already don't move obnoxiously fast >.>
Last edited by stevenlauzon on Nov 25, 2013, 11:16:41 PM
Hee guys i want to thank both of you for the reactions they really helped me.

it really gave me a much wider knowledge about how i should build this char.

Now the thing is, im not sure if i should or not go for the 2 extra frenzy chards and the vaal pact. or if i should as mr steven lauzon did, go for the templar side to get those nodes.

and if i do ill probably have to use much more respec points then i can get so i will endup having to use some orbs of regret.

I think the best idea would be to merge those twoo builds together but im not sure how yet.
I'm planning on a life, evasion, EB, cloak of defiance variation of this build. I love the idea of using multiple spells depending on the situation. I was thinking a passive tree similar to:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAv4OSBGWFr8XVBmFGmwc3CKBJDwkqiepKPotHy2oL281kjY9Nuk64T1fQYdCw0ZxSVFKyEyzTeNQMFJTVcZaUlptXfJh4mNDZk9tGW6qcFJwu3DVf8aBSYIegseDCYfbiEKIa4jxjDaOPI9Gj6aTJ5tdnaOdrqXLplenCKdcqJqsWbGQsji0DLXytz631riTwFHBxcHzz2XQ0NkT2wvbWdte34TjauOE52Pr7vId8kXyl_Pq-ej8q_4K_o8=

From there I would go into the Templar area, although I doubt my character will get much further than this since I'm kind of casual. Any initial thoughts on my idea? Does it sound terrible?
In-game name: Emzie
Last edited by omgitskae on Nov 27, 2013, 1:24:38 AM
Guys!

Onl 1 recommendation from my side (i think Stakhanov mentioned the same before)

The first thing what you have to get is a 20% freezing pulse --->

This 20% is amazing,helping me a lot!

Now i can farm easily and quickly Dock for example...after some farming for items i will try it in maps too.

My proposal is that you have to try the fire trap.It also helps a lot!

Blood rage + Discharge and using Freezing + if you want to feel more safer yourself fire trap!

Just give a try!
Ing:Ponfer
Last edited by spider81 on Nov 27, 2013, 8:40:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info