[1.0.0] "This witch is crazy" A cold/crit/discharge guide

"
Stakhanov wrote:
"
zerocx wrote:
Small questions, I'm following this guide, but I have some doubts about:

-You use a dagger or a wand for start leveling?
-All the Ele. Resist. you have is all in your gear?
-Do you pick any node that isn't there now? I mean... for leveling first.
-At what level did you get Vaal Pact? I know Chaos Inoculation isn't needed until Merciless...

Greetings.

P.D.: Sorry for my bad english.

"
ashamanbg wrote:
Should this work with Ice Spear?
And why not a lil spell dmg ? its on one hand way from the tree? Maybe just to the elemental dominion, just 5 points.
And i really hate CI.
What about Pain Aatunetment whit similar for this build??

The choice between a wand and a dagger early on really falls into the "pick whatever gives you the most" category.

Some of your questions (regarding spell damage and blast radius) were answered and updated before you even posted - please try to make sure you didn't miss something while reading.

I'm investing time in writing this guide, and being sure not to ask a question whose answer lies within the two first posts, is the most basic form of courtesy towards me and everyone who comes to read this thread.

Now i'll consider adding a "F.A.Q" section, hoping that helps.

Added a lot more info to the "Advanced section", be sure to check it out !

I just asking. Maybe we try figure out the best witch build.
Is this viable as 1st nemesis character or should I make something else?
I got to lvl 72 in onslaught on my witch before the release of 1.0.0 but I struggled hard without any gear and totems was boring and I really like discharge.
Should I go for this or should I go for something safer.My scion croaked at lvl 39 at dominus and I don't know what to go for.
Sry if this is off-topic or was answered before just didn't got the time to read all the replies.
Hi guys, I have one question for new player. Is it this skill tree playable as a Shadow? And if yes, then will be there any differences in play-stile? And witch pathway is more suitable for it - shadow or Witch?
"
Vorkossigan wrote:
Is this viable as 1st nemesis character or should I make something else?
I got to lvl 72 in onslaught on my witch before the release of 1.0.0 but I struggled hard without any gear and totems was boring and I really like discharge.
Should I go for this or should I go for something safer.My scion croaked at lvl 39 at dominus and I don't know what to go for.
Sry if this is off-topic or was answered before just didn't got the time to read all the replies.

This should be part of my soon-to-come F.A.Q section.
This build is definitely NOT viable for hardcore. Even in standard, playing it as a first character will be really tough - though no beginner gets everything right on their first try.

"
Sellan wrote:
Hi guys, I have one question for new player. Is it this skill tree playable as a Shadow? And if yes, then will be there any differences in play-stile? And witch pathway is more suitable for it - shadow or Witch?

You could play it as a shadow, essentially trading mana and mana regen for more spell/elemental damage. It could work, but i'm afraid you'd face some mana issues this way.
To learn is to live...
bump
I5 3570k @ 5.0 ghz 1.3 volt - EVGA GTX 670 @ 1293 mhz - MSI Mpower z77 - Samsung 830 series 128gb - Kingston HyperX Genesis - 1600mhz 8gb - Rosewill Capstone 750-M - Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Hi,
first I want to thank you for the guide.
I am rather new to PoE, I followed the build with some minor details, I am not on Merciless (Domination) but I doubt I`ll get further. Reason for this is my very low survability. I failed to find good ES armors so far, and my rezists are pretty crappy also. The second quest boss - Hailrake from Mercy Mission - 2 shots from range / 2 shots from melee.
In terms of items I have a 5 sockets (2l + 3l) Voll Protector, and Eye of Chayula - this was my first big investement in PoE, I keeped getting stunned by ranged mobs in Cruel so I buyed it. The armor I found myself and the proceeded to waste all my orbs in trying to make it a 5 socket and a 5L. And failed.

So finally my question. I am lv 57 (530 IS DPS). I mainly use Ice Spear + LMP + FC. What should I be doing next? Try farming Cruel A3? How important are rezists from here on, because I don`t see myself getting a lot more very soon.
"
alexclane wrote:
Hi,
I am rather new to PoE, I followed the build with some minor details, I am not on Merciless (Domination) but I doubt I`ll get further. Reason for this is my very low survability. I failed to find good ES armors so far, and my rezists are pretty crappy also. The second quest boss - Hailrake from Mercy Mission - 2 shots from range / 2 shots from melee.
In terms of items I have a 5 sockets (2l + 3l) Voll Protector, and Eye of Chayula - this was my first big investement in PoE, I keeped getting stunned by ranged mobs in Cruel so I buyed it. The armor I found myself and the proceeded to waste all my orbs in trying to make it a 5 socket and a 5L. And failed.

So finally my question. I am lv 57 (530 IS DPS). I mainly use Ice Spear + LMP + FC. What should I be doing next? Try farming Cruel A3? How important are rezists from here on, because I don`t see myself getting a lot more very soon.

You can indeed try and farm Cruel docks, though merciless ledge would probably be better. Now the general idea would be to skip side quests such as hailrake until you get enough gear to actually kill him - those are made way harder in higher difficulties.

Witches aren't easy to gear up, you should really save up as much as you can - consider rolling a life char in the meantime to avoid getting bored if you really struggle to progress ; it took me quite a while to get rolling with my chars - and i'm not quite "rich" yet.
To learn is to live...
"
alexclane wrote:
Hi,

Hi,i ma currently inthe middle of Act2 Cruel and the survability of this build is good for me.

I have not got great gear at all.

I am using freezing pulse + fire trap (it helps a lot) + critical weakness for curse and Puity for aura.

I had no issue in cruel with this build and even i did not die yet im cruel.

99% i followed this build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4HYwj0DkgRUBGWFvMXVCKBJDwmPCepLR8vnTGIO-FCw0lRTLNQMFcrWm1d8l8qYqxtGXBScNV5A35Zf8aIQo48naOdqqKjpyunXLvWwFHBxcHzw23Wndte34Ti9-OE5oHr5OwY8h0=

I do not know how it will work on merciless,but if i can go enter into this difficutly after some days of farming and step by step i will have the necessary items for sure.

I already find some valubale currencies :)

Ing:Ponfer
As of now, going life is quite the best option you have. Being careful with reflect when discharging - if using discharge at all.
If you're really struggling for good ES gear (head/shield/rainbowstrides) then you could probably head to the templar side and branch out to the "cold witch for beginers" which has some really nice advice for newer witch players. Life + FP will be more manageable than ES+discharge at first. Then try a a proper discharge build when you'll have a decent currency pool.

I've been leveling another char recently (which I stopped at 50 because I didn't want to spend too much on it) and getting to the point where you can use CI is much harder with the latest patches.
To learn is to live...
Any specific reason you are not going for frost walker, elemental domination and the cast speed and spelldmg???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info