UNABLE TO CONNECT TO INSTANCE

having the same issue still
Seems to be fixed for me now.
Exact same problem since the last update. Havent been able to play at all. App crashed every single time trying to load my character and now getting "unable to connect to instance".

Mac user as well, these are my specs:

Macbook Air M1 2020
8 GB RAM
250 hard drive
Ventura 13.5.2
Day 3 since last update and still havent been able to play AT ALL. the interface is muddy, takes longer to load, once in i can connect and it takes me to the character section but the graphics arent loaded 100%, if i select my character it tries to load to the town but after a phew seconds it takes me back and shows "unable connect to instance", if i try again the server just wont respond. During other tries the app would just crash completely after trying to load.

Its disappointing to not have a single report back form GGG, i just want to play here, please help!

-

Macbook Air M1 2020
8 GB RAM
250 hard drive
Ventura 13.5.2
Cross posting as this seems more appropriate, though I think the visibility in the patch 5 of 3.25.0 is also pertinent

Am updating as I try some troubleshooting to maybe help on your end!

"failed to connect to instance" - the load screen has a blurry image with regular sharpness text

then upon retrying to log in from the opening screen (before I get to my characters), "unable to connect to login server"

This is either in league or standard

Attempted to make a new char, selected Settlers, and when I pick a class, the game hard crashes

The lower right corner shows "release tags/3.25.0" if that's any help

And obv, since I use a Mac, I am running through Steam

The suggestion earlier in the threat to completely exit Steam, re-open, and then trying to get into the game did not work for me

The suggestion to log in in windowed mode did not work for me

The suggestion to change your language on the main screen, and then changing it when in game back to your native language DID work (obviously, if you are French, change to a different language IF you, too, are having problems - I would suggest NOT English)

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Mac14,12
Model Number: Z170000FGLL/A
Chip: Apple M2 Pro
Total Number of Cores: 10 (6 performance and 4 efficiency)
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 10151.121.1
OS Loader Version: 10151.121.1
Serial Number (system): FM9TN4QC3F
Hardware UUID: 2AA562C1-A4CA-578E-BAA6-72F63A1F5A86
Provisioning UDID: 00006020-000450482EE8C01E
Activation Lock Status: Enabled
I want to rock right meow
Last edited by Laeortia on Jul 28, 2024, 1:20:51 PM
"
Laeortia wrote:
Cross posting as this seems more appropriate, though I think the visibility in the patch 5 of 3.25.0 is also pertinent

Am updating as I try some troubleshooting to maybe help on your end!

"failed to connect to instance" - the load screen has a blurry image with regular sharpness text

then upon retrying to log in from the opening screen (before I get to my characters), "unable to connect to login server"

This is either in league or standard

Attempted to make a new char, selected Settlers, and when I pick a class, the game hard crashes

The lower right corner shows "release tags/3.25.0" if that's any help

And obv, since I use a Mac, I am running through Steam

The suggestion earlier in the threat to completely exit Steam, re-open, and then trying to get into the game did not work for me

The suggestion to log in in windowed mode did not work for me

The suggestion to change your language on the main screen, and then changing it when in game back to your native language DID work (obviously, if you are French, change to a different language IF you, too, are having problems - I would suggest NOT English)

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Mac14,12
Model Number: Z170000FGLL/A
Chip: Apple M2 Pro
Total Number of Cores: 10 (6 performance and 4 efficiency)
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 10151.121.1
OS Loader Version: 10151.121.1
Serial Number (system): FM9TN4QC3F
Hardware UUID: 2AA562C1-A4CA-578E-BAA6-72F63A1F5A86
Provisioning UDID: 00006020-000450482EE8C01E
Activation Lock Status: Enabled

I appreciate you putting all the steps you've tried together to help narrow down if we've found a possible workaround.

I've tried the language swap and it hasn't work. (Open PoE (English) > Choose Russian > Close PoE > Open PoE (Russian) > Log In > Select Character > Unable to connect to instance.)

Last night I was able to get in after I opened my local files, deleted the client, verified the files, and then launched, but this morning those steps aren't working now.

At this point it just seems like its a crapshoot of trying different things and it just so happens that something on GGG's end resets that makes it look like something we've done has fixed it.

My suggestions for anyone is to just keep trying at it, after tinkering for an hour each time I have been able tp get back in eventually, just try and keep your game open for as long as you can as logging out will then send you back to the shadow realm.

EDIT - Shortly after posting this I was able to get in, I switched my gateway from Washington to Texas. This was also in conjuction with me using a VPN and changing my location a couple of times.

Again those steps are antitodal probably, but I would suggest to those trying to get in to just keep tinkering and you'll probably get in eventually.
Last edited by Kaldrax on Jul 28, 2024, 2:11:13 PM
Same here M1 Max, crashing on load and then cant login. No steps works.

Yesterday was working perfectly. Also i saw that i cant enable multithreading - its always disabled(never happened before). Maybe this is related.
I could play again earlier today. After closing client and some time tried logging in again and it did not work. Tried all suggested solutions and could not get it running.
So, this appears to be related to when we log out of the game.

I was able to get into the game for a while, but during that time, my game dc'd a few times, and I also had a full crash. Whenever the game dropped me, or the client crashed, I was able to get back into the game instantly.

However, now that I've logged out for the night and closed the game properly, I'm now getting the unable to connect to instance error.

If you're able to get back into the game, when quitting for the night it might be worth a shot to force quit the game instead and hopefully avoid the error message on your next log in. I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I try to jump back on.
Last edited by Kaldrax on Jul 29, 2024, 2:27:16 AM
Mac M1, having all the same issues listed in this thread. The only thing that works for me is to change language- I can successfully play POE in French, for example.

Unfortunately, when I switch languages back to English in-game, it requires an exit and re-launch, and at that point I get the same problems - after hitting 'Play' it flashes a loading screen for about half a second before crashing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info