UNABLE TO CONNECT TO INSTANCE

Actually made a character in Settlers this morning then crashes @ Twilight Strand.
I don't have firewall on, so that wasn't any help.

Same issues

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac18,3
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 48 GB
System Firmware Version: 529.120.1.0.0
OS Loader Version: 577.140.2~22
SMC Version (system): 2.41f2
Serial Number (system): D25W906JJ1GP
Hardware UUID: E4838BDB-CA6A-5D3E-AEE7-23274EFF6CFA
Provisioning UDID: E4838BDB-CA6A-5D3E-AEE7-23274EFF6CFA
"
Hey, I had the same issue on a Mac M3 Pro.

I managed to solve it by adding PoE to firewall rules.
Go into Network -> Firewall -> Click "+" -> Find & Select PathOfExileClient -> Restart the game.

This solved it for me, hopefully it works for you too.

This works of me. Thanks!

- MBP, M1
same here.

Apple M1 Pro
32 GB
sanoma 14.5 (23F79)

no firewall, other suggested fixes did not work for me.

I did have some strange behaviour, I open the game windowed and when I would make it full screen before I selected character it would not allow me to go further. If I let it stay windowed, I could continue further. Once in game could also just go full screen no problems. Till just now. It stopped working completely.
Exact same problem since the last update. Havent been able to play at all. App crashed every single time trying to load my character and now getting "unable to connect to instance".

Mac user as well, these are my specs:

Macbook Air M1 2020
8 GB RAM
250 hard drive
Ventura 13.5.2
Another wild fix: -

If you have a steamdeck open the game on it. Close it and then try connecting again on your mac.

This actually fixed it for me.
Same issue here. Played for ~8 hours last night no issues. Logged in tonight, got the blurry load screen and "Cannot connect to instance", which lead to "Unable to connect to server" until I closed the game. Tried changing firewall settings, now the game just crashes instantly when loading a character, even after reverting firewall changes.
Same thing here on an M1 iMac. I can sometimes login, but as soon as I pick my toon, I get disconnected. I've been playing for several hours today with no problems. Logged off for dinner and now I'm locked out.

ETA: Tried to create a new toon and crashed instantly after selecting the character class.
Last edited by Tunzophun on Jul 27, 2024, 8:58:45 PM
Well I'm back to being unable to connect after posting that I could. I got another 6 hours in once I connected but after logging out I'm getting the "Unable to connect to instance" message again.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency with all these "fixes" we're all discovering. It was probably just by luck that when we did change something, something on GGG's end reset and let us back in.

It's disappointing that there are dozens of threads about this from Mac users, and we still haven't heard a peep from GGG about this.
Last edited by Kaldrax on Jul 27, 2024, 9:07:10 PM
Day 2 coming to a close and some of haven't been able to play a second of this new league OR even Standard !!! How do you pooch up Standard. !!!
Ok. After new patch all crush for me again. Solution with changing language not work now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info