UNABLE TO CONNECT TO INSTANCE

I saw there was an update on Steam, and it was giving me a disk write error so I got excited thinking it was just a cached file issue (even though I've verified the files before). So I uninstalled and downloaded the 40g again and just to confirm this is still happening after that.

Edit: I was able to get in by changing my language, but you don't realize how much reading there is in the game until you can't do any of it so yeah back to waiting for a proper fix. If you're able to, this might be a good workaround.
Last edited by mlong35 on Jul 30, 2024, 11:02:46 AM
Nothing on this short fixes ever worked for me. At least they posted it about it !

6 days of no playing !!!

High Priority Known Issues (PC)

These problems are currently being investigated and treated as high priority, we'll be trying to get them fixed as soon as we can.

Settlers of Kalguur Launch - Live Updates

High priority problems:

Mac client unable to patch.

Kaom's Command does not have a slot in the Unique Collection Tab
Black Morrigan Bestiary recipes not working
Manifest Dancing Dervishes not working correctly

General technical problems: General Troubleshooting Guide
Xbox or PS4 specific problems: Consoles Known Issues
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 30, 2024, 2:02:06 AM

"
KillerB1047 wrote:
Nothing on this short fixes ever worked for me. At least they posted it about it !

6 days of no playing !!!

High Priority Known Issues (PC)

These problems are currently being investigated and treated as high priority, we'll be trying to get them fixed as soon as we can.

Settlers of Kalguur Launch - Live Updates

High priority problems:

Mac client unable to patch.

Kaom's Command does not have a slot in the Unique Collection Tab
Black Morrigan Bestiary recipes not working
Manifest Dancing Dervishes not working correctly

General technical problems: General Troubleshooting Guide
Xbox or PS4 specific problems: Consoles Known Issues
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jul 30, 2024, 2:02:06 AM

They are playing the Marie Antoinette card. Swap “Let them eat cake” for “Let them figure out their own workarounds”. High Priority doesn’t mean much after 5 days and absolutely no communications on progress to the player base.
Same issue here. Absolutely disgraceful that it's gone on this long. Great way to convince me to abandon PoE and find something else to play.
Last edited by death_by_quill on Jul 30, 2024, 3:45:14 PM
macmini m2, turning off vsync helped each time, any other method is purely random somewhat
its been literally 5 days for me of not a single second of game play. havent been able to pass the char section no matter what i do. its actually disgraceful and i am about to quit. we need a solution ASAP please GGG generate a work ticket here, give us the game back please.
Trying to change any graphics does not work off save. Change VSync, saved, closed Options window then it won't login. Quit POE and settings are back as they were. Same with trying to change language, doesn't work.
Everything was working great til the 3.25 patch, that's the bottom line ! Day 5 coming to a close....
Last edited by KillerB1047 on Jul 30, 2024, 8:09:38 PM
Any news or comments from GGG about this ?
Are they working on it or just ignore it ?

I reaaly feel bad after spending 200€ for a game that I can even play.
Guys, there's a workaround in this thread.

For y'all who don't want to look, here are the steps:

1) Open game. Open gateways menu. If you see ms for all of them, proceed to 2. If you do not, exit game and start again at 1.
2) Pick your gateway and log in. If you get booted, exit the game and start at 1. If not, proceed to 3. I recommend picking a gateway that is not your usual one, but try anyway. I haven't verified whether it will or won't connect to your usual one on the first go, I just automatically pick something in Europe. I don't mind the extra 80 ms unless I've got major rubber banding. If you're an HC player, I obviously don't recommend doing this.
3) Log in. If the class chars are blurry, exit and begin at 1. But, if the class chars are all normal resolution, pick your league char (or standard, I'm not judging!) and hit play. If your game crashes, begin again at 1. If you get in, grats, you've beaten the Mac Boss!
(If you try to load your char, you will get a hard crash anyway. Any changes you made to your language will not be saved, and neither will the gateway you selected, this is normal, don't worry.)

3a) When your game time is over for the day (if you leave your computer on all the time) or you're just doing something else and plan to come back, hit Option (or Alt), Command, Esc (Escape) to bring up the force quit menu. Force quit PoE's client. This should save your steps. I keep forgetting this so I have to do this over again, but this workaround works consistently so it's not a huge problem. I have not tested force quitting from Activity Monitor itself because at that point I'm just lazy and I'll do it the way I know for sure works. So far in my experience, anyway.

A note about language swapping: Sometimes changing your language seems to help, but that might just be a coincidence.
I've had the problems persist times I've selected a different language, so it's probably just anecdotal from those of us who've gotten in after changing the language on the first try. I did have that happen once, but not again any other time I've switched languages.
I don't swap anymore since I've figured out the steps with the help of another poster here who was troubleshooting along with me, alongside previous posts with people who'd been able to get in after doing x thing or y thing, and I tested those things myself to ensure the steps to get into the game are correct :) It's a step I don't take because it's not a guarantee.

Anyway, hope this helps people who haven't seen the prior posts outlining the workaround. If it doesn't work for you, I'm sorry. But this is consistently working for a bunch of us.
It will take me several times (generally around 20) to get the steps to work sometimes, but this morning I got in on the 3rd attempt. Keep trying even if it takes several tries. If the conditions are met at each step, you'll get in. I've never had it fail to load into the game if step 3's conditions are a go.

Edit: I do not have any information about whether you can create a character at the character screen if all classes are regular resolution. If anyone DOES, reply to me and I'll add that info to this list :)

Good luck, exiles!

p.s. big shoutout to Kaldrax, they really helped dial it in!
I want to rock right meow
Last edited by Laeortia on Jul 31, 2024, 4:00:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info