The Crafters Cup

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ SOUL STAR, NIGHTMARE MACE ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

Began in the overpowered Crucible league that enabled many dreams for Righteous fire enthusiasts.

TL:DR; Spent 5 mirrors rolling the crucible tree, chaos slammed until my fingers fell off.

Step 1:
Spoiler
Bought one of only two One Handed Maces with the 'Can have 1 additional Crafted Modifier' enchant. This was very important to have as there are almost zero good prefixes on one handed maces for spell casters of any kind.

When the league merged to Standard where I had funds, I began chaos orbing until I rolled the '3% increased AoE per 50 Strength' and tier 1 'Damage over Time Multiplier' suffixes together.

RNG was against me and this step took well over 30k chaos orbs due to failing Step 4.
Step 2:
Spoiler
From there I was able to lock both suffixes and prefixes with the heist enchant and chaos orbed until I had the name I wanted. I went with 'Soul Star'.
Step 3:
Spoiler
Then I crafted 'Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers' and exalt orbed for a 100% guaranteed '+1 to Level of Socketed Gems'.
Step 4:
Spoiler
Next I locked the suffixes and went for the veil. I managed to hit the 'Fire Damage over Time Multiplier' on the third try.

On average this step was a 1/11.5 chance if the veil landed on suffix. If it was a prefix veil, I could simply remove it and go back to veiling.
Step 5:
Spoiler
Finally, I divine orbed all of the affixes to perfection and from there it was as simple as crafting increased fire damage/ignite until it rolled perfectly. Finishing it off with the '+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems' craft.

2.) When did you obtain/create this item?

I created the base in Crucible League and finished it up in Standard shortly after.

3.) What makes this item "special" to you?

It was a key component to the min-maxed Righteous Fire build. I would have chose to enter my Righteous Fire helmet with 30% more elemental/30% more damage while on low life suffixes that I created(using old Tangled+Glyphic fossils). But many people have created similar helmets since then with recombinators.

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for? (e.g. what build/purpose)

This is for the Ivory Tower strength stacking version of Righteous Fire. With completely min-maxed gear, this build can have screen wide AoE, DoT cap(35m) and 150k ES/30k HP or more.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?

Like CaptainLance9, I am offering all of my Righteous Fire crafts to be mirrored for free. I'm not a streamer and I don't have viewers to help crowd fund crafts, so I've been making these on my own.

My mirror thread if you'd like a copy: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3458369
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪

First, gather a bunch of Unset Rings. Then prepare them with a Gilded Fossil and 20% attribute quality, and then a Bloodstained Fossil. You are guaranteed one corrupted implicit, and it has a 50% chance to replace the Gilded implicit. The odds aren't too low to end up with one that retained the socket and has a hybrid %stats corrupted implicit.

Unfortunately, the ring will almost certainly have a bunch of bad mods which we don't want, and that's going to mess with the Recombination odds later. Luckily I did this after Sentinel league so I had access to Tainted Chaos, so we can use a bunch until it goes white.

Now prepare (or more likely buy) the sacrificial Recomb target - in this case I had t1 life, crafted mana cost, and Essence/t1/t2 stats. Now Recomb and pray. The odds to hit the right base is 50%, and if you get that then you are guaranteed to keep some of the mods you want. If you don't get all the ones you want, Recomb with another sacrificial ring - barring any mutations, you just need to keep winning the 50% base flip until you get all your mods on there.

I got very lucky and hit the 20% chance to keep all the mods (the rarity mutated on during the Recomb).

I made this item in Standard towards the tail end of Kalandra league.

It's visually very interesting, and takes advantage of a mechanic that isn't super mainstream. The crafting process was interesting (mostly figured out by ironvswild in his Guide to Recombinators Part 2), and it was a nice upgrade to my build.

It was made for an Omni-based Wardloop character, hence the mana cost reduction craft and the socket to fit in Phase Run. Were I to have made it for an attack-based Omni character, a WED craft would be better, and it would probably also work for a triple-stat-stacking Inquisitor (or similar), though a str/int implicit would probably be preferred.

-

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.
Secret Slavic crafting tech
3 to 1 bricked unique ornate quivers to get a normal, imprint and harvest synthesise until 3 implicits.
Essence spamming and cannot roll attack mods and ex/annul slamming.
Necropolis

This was once the strongest quiver I carried.
But nothing lasts forever. Life is not eternal. So this quiver is now just shiny and useless. And no one will ever know his secret

I know Belton loves magic find. It was insane for MF LA build!!!
5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?
I made 0.5 mirror selling bugged quivers in one evening.
Last edited by DeadMau54 on Jul 17, 2024, 8:59:20 AM

For now, as far as I know, it's impossible to obtain Reduced Souls Per Use modifier. It was possible up to the league where compasses were removed (3.24 Necropolis league). Who knows, maybe a new way will come back in the future.

Obtaining a base:
Spoiler
Before compasses removal, there was one compass mod that granted:
"
Your Maps have a 50% chance to contain Gifts of the Red Queen per Mortal Fragment used

When using two Mortal Fragments in a Map Device, the chance was 100% to contain Gifts of the Red Queen on the map, in which items with Underground mods were dropping. Items with this special mod were always magic with only one mod. One of them was:
"
Non-Aura Vaal Skills require 40% reduced Souls Per Use

Why was I trying to find bow with this mod? Using a bow gives 6L, and it's possible to use a quiver for more power. Other good options are two wands with:
"
Non-Aura Vaal Skills require 20% reduced Souls Per Use

Crafting process:
Spoiler

1. Start with a magic base with only Underground mod.
2. Make an Imprint to secure if failed at any point.
3. Hit with Regal Orb and Annulment Orb to create rare item with only Underground mod. If failed, imprint back to step 2.
4. Craft "Cannot roll Attack Modifiers" and hit with Exalted Orb to guarantee "+1 to Level of Socketed Gems".
5. Remove craft.
6. Craft "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" and add "+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems" and "[7-8]% to Quality of Socketed Gems".
7 [optional]. Close your eyes and slam Exalted Orb (that's how this lightning resistance appeared).
8. Done

At the end, we still have the imprint of the base, so it's possible to start over again.

I obtained the base and crafted this item during 3.21 Crucible league.

I like collecting items that are legacy and cannot be obtained in any other way than trading with people or via mirroring the item. Why did I choose this bow over any other legacy items? I love weird interactions in builds, like any stackers or vaal skill spammers. The bow helps enable infinite and free spam of any Vaal skill (that is usable with a bow, of course). I also remember the farming process and dropping many other Underground mods, but not the one on the bow. Finally, it happened, and I am now in possession of a legacy Vaal skill spam-enabling item!

At first, I used this item in a Vaal Fireball MF build, recreating a build from this thread:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3253849/page/1.
Now I am trying my best to relatively cheaply create a Vaal Storm Call build because I found out how fun this skill is.

This item is not done yet. I still have an imprint with only Underground mod inside. I think I am able to improve this bow in the future, add some synthesis implicits, and get rid of lightning resistance in explicits.

Recombined god knows how many +1 curses (subterranean) and flat life / % life (guatelitzi's) with one resistance each. Then divined till 10% increased life, and a good flat value. Then crafted the old Gravicious.
Lastly crafted prefixes, quality till 20%, and 6L it.

This item was created in Sentinel League.

This was one of my first "big" ticket crafts for my RF (obligatory thumbs up for pohx's RF). Also the name is quite fitting for the build.

Used in RF/Fire trap inquisitor.

The item is not complete at all... looking at it I can now say... its not trash but... those suffixes could use alot more work xD.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/Mp4KKjLsJ

1.) I craft this item when im trying to craft an upgrade for my build i awaken to item for my base and do harvest crafting to start until i get the influence mods that i want for and dominance until i finish the suffix then suffix cannot be change reforge caster and suffix cannot be change aisling it took me almost a month to finish the item because i dont have currency and still learning the game up until now still learning the game.

2.) I dont really remember maybe The Forbidden Sanctum league or Lake of Kalandra league.

3.) This is the best craft i made and take much time and effort for me to finish it and i really enjoy the process on it and now crafting are my favorite thing to do in the game i enjoy a lot of crafting.

4.) I made body armour for my cyclone build and this build are my 1st favorite

got base on trade crafted with essences, finished with old veiled chaos

TOTA league

this shield was part of a power charge, accuracy, intelligence stack berserker that was really smooth to play, using power siphon as main ability before it was reworked and now is a mine skill sadly(because it splits towards ddifferent targets). So the item reminds me of a good time.

Used as a stats stick cos it doesnt provide much defence.

I tried the build in standard recently and still works with Barrage but old power siphon with barrage support was a blast(also the sound it made was sick)! RIP wanders

GL everybody and thanks Belton for this contest is good fun!

1.) How did you obtain/create this item?

dropped a rare with +1 ES, annulled it down to 1 mod, blessed orbed the implicit to minimum and vaal'd it

At some point before 3.15

it required a great deal of moxie to obtain an item such as this

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for?

Letting others know you mean business

this is a legacy base

Last edited by MikeHR on Jul 17, 2024, 11:27:53 AM

First time killing Redeemer dropped these boots, so i HAD to craft something with it... After looking up some options, this was the coolest idea I could come up with.

I got this in Kalandra 2.0 league (aka; Necropolis league)

I had a failed corpse craft, so I decided to roll a mod on it and merge it with the redeemer boots. Better get rid of that bad aftertaste, you know...

An armor based build that wants to add a bit extra to their build can use this item. I gave it to my friend who started late (boneshatter jugg) and got him a bunch of gear to help him along. He did his challenges like a madman, he couldn't be done with this league fast enough xD

The Awakener Orb hit these exact rolls on it! I added benchcraft life and was quite happy with the result! :D
Was originally gonna go for something else and get the onslaught as a veiled mod, but it rolled normal 30% movement speed, influenced (of Redemption) onslaught suffix, also got ailment effect, so all suffixes filled, and kinda wasted on the jugg but couldn't roll over it without breaking my heart really :3

For some reason I get insane RNG when I'm crafting for someone else, but when I try to make something for myself... It's like all the stars in the universe align together and pull all the luck right out of me :P

Ps. Listed it "for sale" for a mirror, so you can verify easy on the website or see the mods in more detail by copying the item info :)
Last edited by quiwye on Jul 12, 2024, 3:59:57 PM

Get the right base(Lion Pelt for high evasion) from trade with 60% inc rarity mod and fracture it, took me 5tries. But perfect fossiling it for 30%q took me somewhere 40 tries. Then essence spamming(Loathing) for mana reservation and rarity on the suffix to finish suffs and go for eldritch crafting. Ember it then mostly did eld. chaos spamming, eld annuling when i got t1 rarity or max life to remove bad mod and try to ex/eld ex another required mod. after finishing with this tried to perfectly divine it, don't actually remember how many divines it took, but when there was perfect rolls for all mods except mana res, i decided to stop. Benchcrafted phy to fire and done. Oh also omen of blanching for 3white then harvest for 4th socket white

Actually dont remember exactly when, but somewhere month ago from now on.(Necropolis league)

It is my first item that almost perfect(yea except the mana res mod) that I ever crafted being in very low budget

Mostly for bow char for minmaxing MF capability(i guess), I was using it for my TS build while trying to do some solo MF

I was upset not getting desired mod as fractured while trying fracture orb on Lion Pelt with 60% rarity mod, and there also on trade Lion Pelts stock with this mod was out, so i decided to buy item with this mod but low numbers and just tried to divine it to get 60%, and then used the fractured orb thinking its the last try, and, I got lucky :D, otherwise I could give up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info