The Crafters Cup

1.)
I have crafted these gloves from start to finish starting with the fractured temple mod.

Recombinated with dropped fractured unveiled leech.
and recombinated again with fractured legacy suppress.
gilded fossil -> abyss fossil. and reforge life until t1 life.

and finished with implicits and Hinekoras locks for the third implicit. was going to stop at either frenzy charge or crit.

2.)
They wer crafted over multiple leagues, and was finished after affliction after aquiring a lot of hinekoras locks.

3.)
These gloves marked my entry into very high end crafting in standard , and ive been able to craft a lot of cool stuff after these.
4.) What is (or was) this item best used for? (e.g. what build/purpose)
These gloves are used for phys -> cold bow builds (TS)

5.)
at one point they recombinated into level 4 empower, but it was lost when recombinating to get the legacy supress on there sadly.

The story behind Honour Fist

I saw Palsteron's build guide for his Venom Gyre accuracy stacker back in 3.19 which I was intrigued by and thus started to build this in Standard league.

Being a build mostly based around uniques, the build only requires two major crafts: The double influenced Stormrider Boots and the double influenced Imperial Claw. I managed to obtain a very decent pair of the boots cheaply so I was left with only the claw to craft. After a few rather casual crafting attempts I ended up with a quite decent claw which served me well for a while.

When Crucible league hit I saw the potential for creating a BIS claw for the build. As this was/is a niche build it was, however, very uncertain if any useful bases would be available for trading in Standard post migration. Thus I had to get engaged with playing league for the first time ever after spending more than a decade playing Standard only. My league experience was much smoother than expected, mainly due to Vengeant Cascade being OP. I ended Crucible league with a couple of decent bases for this craft along with BIS double corrupts Obscurantis and Oskarm (and some bows of course).

A note on the base: The main crucible mod to get is either +350 accuracy or Claws of the Falcon anoint. Unfortunately they are mutually exclusive. Besides that shock effect is the largest DPS boost.

Post migration I started the craft. I took the brute force alt/regal route to get the +40% more damage and Lvl 20 WED prefixes. I spent around 25k alts to get the prefixes. The Aisling slam for elemental penetration is only 42% but unless we unveil 3x attack mods the prefixes can always be saved.

Suffixes were crafted using exalt slams. I settled for L20 faster attacks and L18 crit multi after spending around 600 divines. For reference; to get both at L20 is a ~3k divine effort on average.

While the craft is not perfect (yet?), this is still likely one of the best claws to exist for Venom Gyre accuracy stacker.

Only regret I have for this craft is that I did not throw a gilded fossil at it, just in case we get some powerful corruption tools in the future.

TL;DR

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

Got the base (sans influences) in Crucible. The crafting was done in Standard. Alt/regal for prefixes. Exalt slamming for the suffixes.

2.) When did you obtain/create this item?

3.22 in Standard

3.) What makes this item "special" to you?

It achieved two firsts for me:

a. I had to play league for the very first time to obtain the base.
b. First craft of a near-BIS item for a specific build.

Venom Gyre Accucary Stacker
[Standard league - UTC +2]

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.
I'd be lying if I said this dropped on my first ever King of the Mists kill, but it WAS super early, probably the third time I killed him.

It was found in 3.23 Affliction League, by myself

This is *easily* the most expensive item I have ever owned in my near decade of playing the game, and to have had it drop for myself was an indescribable feeling. This is also the first item I've ever deemed worthy of using Locks on to hit the corrupt implicit.

It would have a few decent projectile-based use cases, but a build along the lines of Molten Strike would be able to use every mod on it to good effect.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?
Probably nothing that hasn't already been mentioned, it's my best ever dropped item, also the most valuable, and now has given me a feeling that I will be chasing for a long time to come in PoE and hopefully also into PoE2
Last edited by TheEvilMrFry on Jul 14, 2024, 7:25:05 AM

This happened in the middle of night, i recall it was summer of 89' i all happened on a shore the only thing that i remmeber is the fog, it was really thick i was barely able to see my feet on the sand. In the distance i saw a light on a rock it was this rod, when i touched it i felt strange, like it doesn't belong to this world. I looked around but i could see anything at all, the very second i glanced back on the rod i saw a shoal of fish swimming away from the shore. One of them stopped, turned around to the shore and i could hear quiet words carried by the breeze that were etched in my memory, it was: "Find Krillson, he will answer all your questions, he knows everything" from that day on i'm on a search of the elusive mystery man named Krillson. I've searched all land known to man, i even sailed to the unknown and fought the nighmares. Kitava bless me i'll found him one day. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Summer of 89'

The fish, they speak, everywhere i go with that fishing rod, i can hear them, they talk about horrors beyond any comprehensions but i can sense they say truth. I've asked them about things that only i could know, but... they always answered correctly. Is it my mind playing games with me? Am i losing my sanity? Perhaps in search for the Krillson i lost my mind? Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh hh' ahor syha'h ah'legeth, ng llll or'azath syha'hnahh n'ghftephai n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh! I have to keep going into the unknown, i've gotten to far to back off now.
The day is 16th May of 97' today we sailed to the coast of basalt pillar island i have met a "Voodoo" doctor, he was performing an exorcism on a little boy that spent whole night on the cost, little kids eyes color resembled the depths of the ocean, they were empty staring deep into my soul, but when the shaman ended the ritual with those words: "Y'ai 'ng'ngah, Yog-Sothoth h'ee - l'geb f'ai throdog uaaah" the kid "woke up" his eyes turned back to normal brown color. He started crying and kept talking about the fish monsters and their master, the boy mentioned a name... Krillson. I've kept questioning the boy about the events he saw and where the beasts went but all the boy said was... "They came back to the ocean". This is it, i have to find them. I NEED TO FIND THEM!

It has to be used to fishing or so i think, perhaps it's and ancient object to which those sleeping in the sea pray, the only one who knows what it's used for is Krillson. That's why i have to find him. May gods help me. Y'ai 'ng'ngah, Yog-Sothoth h'ee - l'geb f'ai throdog uaaah!

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?

During my expedition i tried to use the fishing rod multiple times but... sometimes the only thing i catched were this weird orbs i don't know what they are used for but for sure they have some use. While fishing i can sense an some knid of apparition standing behind me, it's happening only when i use this fishing rod for the gods it's driving me crazy it's stands there behind me right now, i'm scared it just stands there and stare at me Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn why is it happening to me. During stop on island called Ogrothan i've seen weird residents in the docks... Their faces... for the gods they looked like fish... When i've shown them those orbs they started asking me where i have found them but i haven't told them about the fishing rod, they were suspicious but they told me those a precious and worth a lot of denars. Without hesiation i sold them all i had, now to think about it they called them "Orbs of Divine". All 500 orbs that i gathered within 3 days of non-stop fishing bought us enough food and other useful things on our expedition. Those things called themself Kalguurs, the person i've sold those orbs i gathered invited me for their sermon in the "Holy church of Azathoth" i politely denied but on the further convincing i attented it, their language... i've heard it before it consisted of gurgling but i could clearly understand it, the sermon consisted of offering to the gods... it was living being... i can't unsee this barbarism... it was horrible... at the end the "priest" used this words: "Ya na kadishtu nilgh'ri stell'bsna Nyogtha, K'yarnak phlegethor l'ebumna syha'h n'ghft, Ya hai kadishtu ep r'luh-eeh Nyogtha eeh, s'uhn-ngh athg li'hee orr'e syha'h.!" and stared at me while drinking the blood of the poor man... I just ran away, i couldn't stay there any longer. I don't remember how i got back to the ship but i just wanted to leave this forgotten by gods place. I gathered all the crew members and we instanly leave. They asked me why i rushed them but... i couldn't tell them what i have seen, they wouldn't believe me... they would think i totally lost my mind. I will keep my diary updated from this day on... I hope i will find what's happening in this crazy world... and this man... Krillson it has to do with him. I hope whoever found this diary will continue my search... Those things has to be stopped. May gods have you in their care. h' ah nog, zhro ah geb
Last edited by Overlain on Jul 14, 2024, 10:42:36 AM

1.) I buy 2 armour with influence on it and awaken it for the base and i start to work on suffix until i get the mods that i like and dominance it take much time and currency for me to finish the suffix then when im finish with the suffix i do suffix cannot be change reforge caster and suffix cannot be change again and aisling until i get the %life and % mana and bench craft the final mods on the item i took me almost a month to finish it because i dont have much currency and when i got a little currency to work for the craft little by little until i finish it and make me proud for my self spending all time all worth it when i see my finish item

2.) I dont really remember maybe The Forbidden Sanctum league or Lake of Kalandra league.

3.) This is the best craft i made and take much time and effort for me to finish it and i really enjoy the process on it and now crafting are my favorite thing to do in the game i enjoy a lot of crafting.

4.) I made body armour for my cyclone build and this build are my 1st favorite
Last edited by JhayM16 on Jul 16, 2024, 1:34:23 PM

I beast rolled the explicits.
Affliction League
The meme Mods + the perfect Divine Orb (Took 800)
WHO DOESNT LIKE TRIPPLEPENETRATION ?

Its just Beautiful or not <3

Greetings Churki
Last edited by Gagamellol on Jul 14, 2024, 3:56:41 PM

First i wanted a pair of gloves with elevated increased Melee Damage, Vorici's damage while leeching and T1 life as prefixes. So i bought all the base with Vorici's prefixes (with an ilvl not too low) and recombinate them wit a pair of gloves with T1 life and elevated increased Melee Damage (which i crafted with deafening essence of Zeal for essence Attack speed) Don't remember how many tries but more than ten. I ended up lucky with the recombination and got perfect prefixes, essence attack speed and +0.2 metres to melee strike range. I used hinekora's lock and looked exalted orb for a third influenced mod. When i got it i used again hinekora's lock to get elevated melee strike range suffixe. First pair of gloves was done.
Then i realized that +1 to maximum Frenzy charge was more damage than elevated increased Melee Damage...
So these gloves also have Vorici's prefixe and +1 to maximum Frenzy charge which is pretty hard to get so i had to also get one more pair of gloves to get these ones. I crafted a pair of gloves for +1 to maximum Frenzy charge and essence life no matter the third prefixe. Prefixes are done. Then i crafted the suffixes by slamming exalted until i get +0.2 metres to melee strike range and another influenced suffixes and maven orb to eleveate it. Then Hinekora's lock until T1 Attack speed. Second pair of gloves done.
I finally recombinated these two pair of gloves and got lucky !

Sorry for the long explaination, it was a hard craft, i'm not sure i even remember correctly how i did it...

I don't remember exactly but the first pair of gloves has been created in standard during Ancestor league, i bought Hinekora's lock from some guys from hardcore. I crafted the second pair more recently during Necropolis league and recombinated both.

This item is special for me because i use it ! And because it was so long and hard to craft.

I use it with my cyclone impale slayer but they are probably good for any melee build.

Sometimes you just get lucky !

1.) How did you obtain/create this item?

Basic Video Guides really. This was a Crucible Unique Shield and as such it was mostly RNG.

1. Get a base 100% percentile Steel Kite Shield
2. Start the desired tree Right to Left (Disregard connections for now)
3. Forge it to have 15% Increased Explicit Shield Modifiers on the 4th node
4. Forge a 3 node shield with 100% Shock Avoid into it
5. Forge a 2 node shield with 60% increased Armour, Evasion and Energy Shield
6. Forge a 1/2 node shield with +40 Max ES
7. Forge random 1/2 node shields until all desired nodes are kept and connected

3 weeks before the end of Crucible league (3.21)

Crucible was my first POE league. This item got me into BALIBA (An amazing POE Guild of amazing POE players). This item was what started it all. Now sit down and let me tell you a story.

Crucible was my first league and like most people starting the game I league started RF Jugg by Pohx! This eventually lead me to global 911. The RF haven and one of the friendliest POE globals known to mankind. After playing for a while, doing my void stones I started thinking.... hmmm what about the league mechanic? I started doing the magma cores or whatever they were called and stumbled upon a "add a tree to unique". I had an emperor vigilance in my inventory and guess what happened. I got one broken node. A single +40 Max ES. An 800ES Vigi. What could this be used for? Youtube search in hand I stumbled upon SST and Ruetoo's guides. Guess what as well? This item can be better! It can be my project!

I level up a Champion and equip the 800ES shield. Now it's time for the chase. It's time for the big project!

I collect the bases and start crafting. Every day I come into 911 and share the gamba. Do we get a good tree? do we not? This has been the routine for a few weeks. We come in gamba and balib. I've become quite known on 911. The guy that is making the SST shield. Time goes on and I run out of currency. I start farming for chimerals myself. I've had enough for 3 trials a day. Making the last node was a nuisance. Know what happened after I got the 4 nodes? They were not linked! Linking them was even more brutal.

Time keeps going on and we get our shield. Next league starts and my friend Churki invites me to a guild. The Balibas!

Who is this guy?! Everyone asks

Oh wait I remember you! You're that guy that made that shield last league! Mr. Stone says (AirborneRangerStone)

And I've been with the Balibas ever since.

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for?
SST! I'm a shield enjoyer. I fell in love in SST and Crucible was the best league for it. Then disappointment in the leagues to follow :D

Nothing aside from the story behind it

1.) The prefixes were tough, but I got lucky after rolling a few thousand physical fossils and hit the dot multi with it. One Aisling slam later and we were in business. Then I locked and corrupted to finish.
2.) I made this item during Affliction league!
3.) I love the bleed archetype, but it has been lacking lately. With the new transfigured gem, you can get those good pops again. This axe let me min max and kill those Ubers.
4.) This item was custom made for Bleed Lacerate of Hemorrhage builds, but it pretty good for any bleed build that still wants a shield for defense!
5.) I managed to hit the corruption in only ONE Hinekora's Lock.

1.) I made the item in crucible league (3.21). White sockets, 30 quality and then off to the forge for what felt like a million times. It took many imprints. I could be wrong but I believe this is the only 'perfect' RF scepter tree that includes CTA (now, Warlord's call). Once the tree was finished I split it. One copy has fractured +1 all spells that I gave to a friend and this one has fractured, perfect fanatical (Fire dot multi suf).
2.) Crucible league for the tree and fracture, still rolling explicit mods in standard.
3.) Classic RF is one of my favorite builds and I wanted to make an s-tier scepter for it and worked hard at the forge (and bestiary) for it.
4.) RF
5.) I agree the explicit mods could be better. Will go all in if there is interest here and make a mirror-tier item.
Last edited by amoureuses on Jul 14, 2024, 10:14:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info