The Crafters Cup

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

At the start of the league, my goals were to create good gloves and good boots. After I realized that multi-fractures were possible, this scope extended to making an awesome chest.
I immediately went to work trying to hit two specific fractured mods: Global Defences and Spell Suppression. I needed those two mods specifically because t1 Spell Suppression is so hard to get and because global defences is a great, versatile option for scaling the rest of the gear.
After three very expensive fails at the graveyard, finally a base I was looking for came online in Trade for 150 divines. I was pretty overjoyed.

Crafting steps:
1) I made the base 30% quality with Perfect Fossils.
2) I crafted the eldritch implicits with the help of Black Morrigan's beastlocks to avoid needing to grandspam over an over again. By breaking a lock with a Sacred Orb when Orb of Conflict would've failed, I got the base defensive values to be nearly perfect at 247-247-50 when the maximum would've been 250-250-51.
3) I added a copium gilded fossil in case I ever become a billionaire in game and can afford to get a corrupt implicit there.
4) I needed the item to have +1 to Socketed Strength Gems with a +1 to Socketed Intelligence Gems. Craft of Exile showed me it'd be 28 tries with four fossils, so I got to work. After days of grinding, it actually took 85 tries and I swore to never do a dual gem fossil craft again. I was losing my mind at how often I got offered Dexterity with Strength or Intelligence instead of my real goal.
5) With the suffixes filled, it was time to do the prefixes. I always knew I would craft the the last prefix to physical taken as elemental and I could do that last, so the second to last mod I could force by slamming Exalted Orb and Eldritch Orb of Annulment because I made sure Exarch dominated the item. It only took 60 tries to get t1 all defences. I would've also taken t1 flat Armour + Energy Shield. Because that mod was the only one with a range, divining the item was a cakewalk and I got it done with just five tries. Getting the phys taken as -mod to maximum values was three tries.
6) At this point, I figured I might as well use the Tailoring Orbs I found in Heist and would you believe it, the first try gave me +8% Defence magnitudes and "no green sockets" which was unbelievably luck, considering the next step.
7) I wanted to make the item possible to reuse in different kinds of builds in the future and therefore needed to make it so it'd have at most 1 blue and 1 red socket and four white sockets. Due to the enchant, I could only get red and blue sockets in addition to the white sockets and Omen of Blanching would give. It took five tries to get three white sockets and then I was left with two red and one blue. Horticrafting replaced the blue socket with a white socket so I had to do it three more times to replace one of the red ones.

2.) When did you obtain/create this item?
I crafted it in 3.24 Necropolis League.

3.) What makes this item "special" to you?
This is the single most expensive item I've crafted in the game. It was an incredible undertaking. It was very personally empowering to see it finished. Victory Wrap is a very fitting name.

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for? (e.g. what build/purpose)
I will use Victory Wrap on my Golemancer in Standard. It will replace a Brass Dome with a dual corruption of "+2 to all Minion Gems" and "+1 to Socketed Gems". It was a tall order to make something better, but I think I managed. I lose two levels to the main golems and Awakened Minion damage as well as tons of armour, 3% maximum elemental resistances and crit immunity.
What I gain: 22% Spell Suppression chance, lots Life from strength and because I can now get 15% from passive tree, a significant chunk of Energy Shield and Evasion, 2% maximum chaos resistance, 12% more physical damage reduction and a 54% boost to all defences provided by the other gear. 30% Increased Price Effect counters a lot of damage loss from gem levels. This item also makes me feel that my personal efforts can rival the strongest strokes of luck.
If I can ever replace the gilded implicit with a "+1 to Socketed Gems" or even "+2 to all Minion Gems", I'll be in Seventh Heaven.
Now that I think about it, this chest would be very useful for many kinds of builds. The only real limits are that it must have blue and red gems in the chestpiece and use Pride in order to be of maximum benefit.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?
The crafting process touched on an impressive number of different league mechanics: Breach and Necropolis for the base, Delve for the fossil crafting, Siege of Atlas for the implicits, Bestiary for safe eldritch crafting, TOTA/Ritual for the Omen, Heist for the enchant and Harvest for horticrafting.

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? This is my first personal endgame type craft I ever made. I started with a found Thicket bow base and used perfect fossils to get 30% quality, then I used the harvest bench to reforge speed and then annulled of everything else. I crafted cannot roll attack mods and hunter slammed, sadly chaos dot wasn't a T1 so I had to annul/exalt until I got both that and +1 gems. After that it was simple crafting mods to finish up. And finally a beast 6 link and a 1rb craft to complete my first endgame craft.

2.) When did you obtain/create this item? I made this item July 2nd 2024

3.) What makes this item "special" to you? It's special to me cause it showed that crafting doesn't have to be 150+ mirrors to make( Although I would love to make something like that one day). As well as even someone like me who isn't very good at this game can still make something pretty good.

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for? The Build was a TR Pathfinder and it was to go with the second big ticket item I crafted, the matching quiver( that I messed up on by crafting on a 84 level base instead of 84).

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include? Just that this was my first league that I tried to get some what serious about learning the game it and I think I did better than I had before.
Last edited by Sylenathus on Jul 17, 2024, 9:51:13 AM

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

This was done during Harvest crafting's last hooray in 3.13, in Standard. I wasn't very wealthy back then, and basically done for the league when I saw a Golden Mantle with T1 life and explode mod on the trade site for a bargain price. So I scraped together what Exalts I had left and got to work.

- Clear suffixes with prefix can't be changed/Scour.
- Third prefix was a Defense mod. That was easy to target annul back then, so it stayed for the moment to block the third prefix slot.
- Craft 'Roll No Caster Mods'
- Add Attack to get crit on attack.
- Add Critical to get Power Charges on Crit
- Remove/Add Attack until crit is T1.
- Awakener Orb
- Remove/Add Attack to get crit on attack back to T1 because Power Charges on Crit was elevated...
- Get it right the fourth time
- One more Add critical to add Power Charges on Crit back in
- Remove defense to open the third prefix slot
- Add Caster deterministically gave Additional Curse
- Remove 'Roll No Caster Mod' craft
- Add Chaos, then Remove/Add Chaos until you hit T1 Chaos res
- Target divine the mods (close to) max

During Ritual League (3.13.)

It is likely the best item I ever crafted.

I used it for my Cyclone Raider (yes, Raider, not Slayer :)) back then.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?
I still remember chasing targeted life divines until 1 hour before league end to finally max the life prefix.
Last edited by Asinoeh on Jul 13, 2024, 11:35:06 AM

I acquired the item off trade and beast rolled it.

April 01, 2023ish

Duh, it converts X3! And it is shiny.

Flexing on my homies with a triple converter.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include? I said it was shiny already.
To all ya'll crafters give it up for Agony Star

1.) Steps:

Recombined from these two:

Crafted 1st shield myself in a more recent league, i actually don't remember which one it was specifically 0_o. Started with 100% base percentile shaper titanium spirit shield from trade. Then 1 gilded and perfect fossil spam for implicit and 30 quality. Dense fossils until i had two of the t1 energy shield prefixes and then beast crafted move suffix to prefix a bunch of times to get the third energy shield prefix. Then the divine spam which was the actual expensive part, was 1 off and happy with it because i ran out of currency pretty damn fast :). After Exalt Slamming a suffix a few times with clearing suffixes during a prefix lock burning more divines i was happy with +3 max resist which i changed to
+3 max fire using the corresponding harvest craft. Bench crafted str+int to match the other shield and not have too many different mods in total mod pool before recombining.

Obtained 2nd Shield during I think either Ritual or Ultimatum league for a Herald of Agony Guardian Build from another player in trade and bench crafted the int/quality on it back in the days.

PRAYED to RNGsus before recombining because it cost me almost all my currency.

Result is mixed but at least not the worst case :P.

2.) When/Where?

This item was recombined in Standard League in march 2024.

3.) Why special to me?

I know this is not a mirror tier legacy es result and has no crucible tree, no triple gg synth implicits etc, but hey, look at the ballsy recombinator screenshot :D.
Triple divined up t3 prefixes shield and a pretty good shield with a goddayume 18% quality legacy benchcraft sacrificed for chance of getting something better out or brick.
That's high stakes enough for me and I did it for the thrills.

4.) Used for?

It was in use on a HOA Guardian Build and was moved over to a coc energy blade inquisitor just for getting some es and sustain.

5.) If I would win a few bucks I would save up some money to buy a new computer so I could actually enjoy the game again without getting total eye destruction from 1 fps fiestas at 720p. So give it up :P
Last edited by General_Bond on Jul 16, 2024, 3:50:48 PM

This is quite a long and tenuous craft. The original base for this item is the unique Glimpse of Chaos. This can be double corrupted to add two unique implicit modifiers. It can then be corrupted by a vaal orb to 'brick' into a rare double-influenced item and retain the two implicits. You then can use recombinators with mirror tier items to finally create this monstrosity.

This was created in standard during Sentinel league.

Glimpse of Chaos, combined with recombination, is my favorite crafting method in the game. I love how tedious it can be to double corrupt to perfect implicits (~1/156 chance), then brick into a rare with needed influences(1/4 chance to brick, into a 1/30 chance to hit the right influences), then finally to somehow land the right mods on the item with recombinators, and at every recombination have a 50% chance of losing the base item. The odds of perfection are so small and dwindling and at every step of the way is a major statistical pitfall. I wish this were the perfect item for the build, but it's missing a +2 to socketed gems implicit (instead of increased duration) and a socketed gems are supported by hypothermia mod (instead of spell suppression). Some modifiers can also be elevated. The ability to get the perfect item is almost futile with this process, although... still possible with great effort. To me this process exemplifies the beauty of crafting in this game, and to finish it all off, this item can only be corrupted and can never be copied. A truly one of a kind item.

I use this for a herald of purity and dominating blow minion build.

Sometimes in the pursuit of perfection, you're lucky. This was the result of one, extremely fortunate, recombination.
Last edited by Whitelard on Jul 14, 2024, 11:04:20 AM

want to create a multi legacy multi pta hat, have a few bases, rip some mods. be short on money for too long to aquire enough legacy pta bases and fracture crafts. find out you can't multi pta combo anymore. be mad. fail a fuckton of crafts in a row. be madder. find other cool mods. combine them, think result looks fuckin cool. find out how horrible it is to roll for 2 t1 es with loathing on a 3frac item. suffer. still be happy with a cool hat.

i don't know anymore, somewhere around crucible league in standard probably

i just think it's a really cool hat that nobody else has (and quite obviously also nobody wanted it which is a but sad, but welp. thread ID 3401344 for no fee mirror services btw!) and it serves me well

using it on my spark aurastack (do not look at embarassing jewels and nonoptimized stuff plz. it does what it has to do and there's nothing that could run better there. it never dies and kills everything easily in the simulacrums) that does simulacrum on 2nd screen just holding my Q button while i read something or watch whatever show on main screen. side note: fuck you, voices!

DO NOT MAD COMBINE THINGS! YOU WILL REGRET IT! sometimes not unlucky. don't bank on that at all though!
Last edited by wursteis on Jul 13, 2024, 5:55:46 PM

Self-crafted with rough steps being using awakeners orb to get shaper/elder helm. Horror Essence and reforge cold to get hypothermia. get any influence prefix by rerolling prefixes and then use lots of locks and dominance orbs to upgrade the suffix influences while removing the prefix influence. last steps are to reroll for conc effect, exalt slam another influence, and lock+dominance. Eventually I managed to get triple elevated. Last step would be to lock+exalt for good mods but I was out of money. Also divined the influence mods to perfect.

Affliction after I dropped my first mirror

First "currency-sink" craft I've ever done, really the first craft that cost more than 50div that I've done. Really fun learning experience and it felt good to own a relatively niche item that gave my build more power.

Explosive Trap Trickster

This was the first big craft I did so looking back it was incredibly inefficient. I could have saved so much currency, I think I had to reroll trap and mine damage + hypothermia a total of 3 times because I thought I could hit a yolo annul on full affixes. I felt like I was buying all the horror essences at the time.
+5 energy shield was the last prefix i slammed before I ran out of funds. The current lock removes a shaper/elder mod I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info