The Crafters Cup

1) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.
I crafted the item from scratch. So:
a) altspam Hunter base until Tailwind. Elevate using imprint beasts
b) elevate shaper base, woke slam hitting the res
c) lock suffixes, reforge defense until T1 flat ES
d) Aislingslam for Movementspeed + chill immune
e) craft % ES, sacredspam until perfect base, 4 white socket, hillock 30%

2) When did you obtain/create this item?
during sentinel league within that league (SC trade)

3) What makes this item "special" to you?
It was meant as just starting boots for my build. However, after hitting a decent suffix (T3 res) and eventually obtaining more currency I decided to go for "perfect" prefixes -> 220 ES. What makes this special is that everything for that was self farmed. All aislings, all harvestcrafts, the "reforge keep suffixes" in case of bricking, the voricis to hit 4 white, the hillock for 30% qual. I worked forever on these boots to get them to 220 ES and to this day they are my most "perfect" selfcrafted item

4) What is (or was) this item best used for? (e.g. what build/purpose)
It was used for CoC FR, (cast on crit forbidden Rite), it doesn't work any more as is due to a number of changes to the build

5) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?
I purposefully went for a shaper base instead of crusader for the CDR. Mathematically speaking crusader is better because hitting the 2nd influenced mod to then elevate is easier but I went for shaper regardless because it looks way cooler imo. The craft was sleightly more expensive because of that, but worth it

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

The steps, as best as I recall, are as follows:
a. I either purchased two ilvl 84+ helms with Warlord and Redeemer influence, or applied the influence myself with their respective Exalted orbs.
b. Using resonators, I targeted two conqueror mods on each helm, aiming for one on the Warlord influenced helm to be the Accuracy rating per Strength mod, and one on the Redeemer influenced helm to be the Mana reservation mod.
c. Orbs of Dominance were used on both, repeating the above processed until I achieved the Elevated versions of both of those mods.
d. An Awakener's Orb was used on the Redeemer helm, destroying it to add its elevated mod to the Warlord helm, reforging it in the process (and subsequently filling the suffixes, unfortunately)
e. Seemingly contented with the outcome, I crafted a hybrid Life mod to shore up the mediocre Life roll already present, and used the helm as it was.

2.) When did you obtain/create this item?

Much to my chagrin, I could not specifically state the exact when of this item's creation, though I can confidently say it was likely more than a year ago, and possibly even two - the Labyrinth enchantment on it easily proving that.

3.) What makes this item "special" to you?

At the time of crafting, this was several 'mosts' for me - most expensive, most researched, and most desired, to say the least. The helm was also my very first double-elevated item ever, as well as being several 'mosts' for me at the time - most expensive, most thoroughly researched, and most desired. All in all, it was the most fun I had through crafting up to that point, and since then, I'm always looking for ways to utilize the skills I learned throughout the experience to this day!

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for? (e.g. what build/purpose)

Starting with the Warlord mod, I was playing a Strength-stacking Berserker with Brutus' Lead Sprinkler, focusing on Slams as my main skill - specifically Sunder, my favorite among them. It fixed my Accuracy rating while I was partway through the craft, and after becoming Elevated, contributed via the additional Crit chance for my damage.

The Redeemer mod, on the other hand, was a bit more off-meta, as while there may be other baseline or Conqueror mods that could do more for the build, it helped relieve my Mana reservation concerns without having to anoint a node such as Charisma instead, giving me that much more flexibility with that choice.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?

While there's not much more to add to the story of this item, cherished as it is, I can only speculate why I didn't try a bit harder to make the Prefixes much better. My two main guesses were that either, at the time, this whole crafting process was more expensive than would have left me room to fix/adjust them, or else I was just happy to have those two mods figured out. Honestly speaking, seeing them as they are has me wanting to adjust them already, but I'm posting it as-is for posterity's sake!

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

I honestly can't remember how I crafted this shield since it was done such a long time ago but I'm pretty sure I used harvest reforge defense.

This shield was crafted during Forbidden sanctum league I think, bad memory lul.

The item is special to me because at the time there was no other shield on the market like this. I was looking for a high armor shield with recover % life on block. Let alone both the recover mods on any shield which works really well with the build it was used for.

I used this shield on my SRS necro. When I crafted this I was initially just looking to get a recover % life on block shield. I ended up rolling the ES % life on block as well as hitting the t1 reduce crit dmg mod.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?

I know for a minion shield it's not the best but at the time there were no +1 minion shields because that mod hadn't been moved to the shield yet. Getting both the recover mods on the shield was really cool since the build has a decent chunk of ES and life. The reduce damage from crits also made the build significantly more tanky. I wish the shield had more armor and I would have used a different base but at the time this was the only base that was decent and shaper.

In crucible league, the league mechanic combined weapon bases to make a perfect weapon, but since basically no one played 2h mace builds, the trade market didn't have many 2h mace bases, which I needed to make a perfect marohi erqi, which would be the highest flat dmg weapon in the game if I made the base and chanced it.

I bought out the 2h mace market multiple times and got lucky with making the perfect 2h mace crucible base for specifically cooldown based builds. IE: Shockwave cyclone build and others similar to it.

I then used around 67k chance orbs (55 hours of chancing) to chance the marohi erqi, which is a T0 unique, which I am told that 67k chances is extremely lucky as some people have mathed out the chance to be as high as 1/1,000,000.

I then hit a perfect 600% (which is being multiplied to 738%) roll, which is 1/100 chance in roughly 40 divines.

Then I hit the 8% increased phys damage enchant with my first tempering orb, which is lucky, but I don't want to do the math on how lucky.

End of crucible league.

While I have created other very very very strong crucible weapons, this being a T0 unique makes it extremely special as I got lucky multiple times in creating it. It cost me around 2 mirror to make, but the average cost to make is between 6 to 10 mirrors in crucible depending on actually chance to chance a T0.

The item is the best item in the game for shockwave cyclone.

I am not vaaling it using Hinekora's Locks in the hopes that the item gets buffed in the future since it is a very low play rate weapon. Vaaling flat damage on it would be very very strong since it is multiplied by such a large increased phys dmg number.

This item is also getting a very large buff in 3.25 due to the quality change as currently, 30% quality only gives 3.5% dmg.
Last edited by Anton___Chigurh on Jul 17, 2024, 12:00:53 PM

Spoiler
This item started as an omnitect temple drop with the tachati exclusive temple mod and +2 arrow for suffixes.
I annuled to 4 mods, not removing +2 or tachati, then fractured, hitting +2 arrow to partially protect suffixes later.
Normally a spine bow base would be preferable, but such a base didn't exist in crucible.
Seeing the potential, I added and removed an untold number of crucible trees and merged several bows to get the crucible tree into a very good but not perfect state.
After the crucible tree was complete, I locked and filled suffixes with metacrafts and reforged chaos to look for t1 flat chaos by itelf. This step was the most risky, since I could fill prefixes in some cases. On the second reforge this happened and required a yolo annul with the only protection for suffixes being the fractured +2 arrows. Lucky for me it succeeded and I followed up by asling slamming to hit %phys with chance to poison, but without removing the flat chaos. After multiple failures I finally found %phys with chance to poison and the risk was over.
To finish up I hillock crafted quality to 30, filled suffixes with 'cannot roll attacks' and slammed for guaranteed +1 socked gems.
I bench-crafted 20%dot multi and then used tailoring orbs to fish for %chaos modifier magnitude. I settled for 6%.
All that was left was to 6link and add at least one white socket for unbound ailments.

2) When did you obtain/create this item?

Spoiler
This item was found and crafted in soft-core crucible trade league. Some of the strongest and most memorable crafts came from this league including many historic and undisputed weapons.

Spoiler
This bow has the highest flat chaos of any bow in path of exile. (I challenge you to find one higher) The theoretical max for this bow is 223-412! (currently 208-396) Unfortunately, divining this perfectly would take tens of thousands of divines. The combination of a temple exclusive mod paired with t1 chaos, a crucible tree and enchant leads to something truly unique. The best part is, it's not totally useless as an item, but I wouldn't see anyone wanting to mirror it unless it was perfectly divined or something.

Spoiler
This bow was crafted with poison tornado shot in mind. While there are cheaper and less niche bows that beat this one in POB, its still a competitive item with lots of features to offer.

Snoobae posted a great pob for Poison TS https://pobb.in/OoZ5QQKi7L_p The build using my bow could be similar, with less of a focus on phys as extra chaos. (ming's heart is not BIS anymore)

If I do well in the cup I may well create a build in Standard using it and post a guide in the forums.

Spoiler

Tachati is a temple exclusive mod that grants flat chaos and attack speed as a suffix. It has a chaos tag, so the increase to attack speed is also scaled by the 21% increased chaos modifier magnitude.

With the upcoming changes to make quality multiplicative, the bow physical side gets slightly buffed.

This is by no means a perfect item and it used to be possible to create a higher flat chaos. You would need to have a perfect crucible tree with flat chaos alongside the 15% magnitude. With such a combo, the theoretical max used to be just under 500 flat chaos on the top end. Since crucible lives on only in legacy items, this bow is a monument to what could have been.

Bought the fractured base for 3 divine orb, T2 Envy essence until damage over time mod, craft % increased physical damage

First 1-2 week Crucible league,

It was one of the first times that I did such a long project with an item in everything I have played, doing so by my own, no guides or help.

Kinetic Blast Totem Poison

It all started when looking for builds for pathfinder, I was between the typical immortal pathfinder of steelmage or any impending doom, but in the search I found something more interesting, a video of Jwar, pathfinder poison KB Totem, the interaction was kinda funny, plus the premise was that "I could lag the game", so I decided on it, at the beginning it was all calm, I bought the base and I got attached, dunno what that item had on me that made me love to have, without even opening a crucible tree, I got to craft so farm some essence with an atlas, Envy essences, to be able to even start to use it, every time I dropped 1 Envy I threw it into the wand looking for the damage over time mod, I got bad tiers quite a few times, so I decided on the first tier that came up, that's how it looked. Then I opened the Crucible tree, I remember that I got a horrible one haha, I spent almost the entire league combining Crucible trees to get the mods I wanted, it was very fun, sometimes it seemed like I bricked the wand, other times was 1 mod away from perfect, but in the end I settled for whatever came out since it was enough., did maven and uberelder, was my ceiling point for the build.

All this took me almost the entire Crucible league, I wanted to give up but with all the time I spent on the wand it didn't seem good for me, I felt like I was missing something, and what hurts me the most is that there is no Crucible to follow anymore trying and completing it.

Then, somehow Jwar's video got viral and that fractured sky rocket in price, had a lot of ppl dms me asking for the build, how it feels, how to replicate the Crucible Tree and stuff. While on the other hand, I wasn't able to play on party, perma kicked, the build was able to lag the whole party only with 2 totems (had 6 totems available 9 proj each + Old Vengeant Cascade + GMP + Fork), and the funniest thing of all, the build could clear 2 screens away in all directions, many times the client would disconnect or crash me or parties if drop all totems on a boss or on beyond/harbinger/deli hahaha

The main reason why I did not finish the wand explicits is because of my lack of knowledge of crafting, to this day I still do not know how to craft beyond using essences and finishing with a crafting bench mod, but I will most likely finish it one day, I will ask for help and I will try to put all my effort into learning.

And to conclude, the damage curve of the wand craft is very disproportionate both in the investment and in what it can offer, because was needed the previous veil orb to unveil %phy, and the most efficient under the same concept would be Kinetic Blast Totems cold with The Replica Covenant, and instead of crafting the wand chaos dot, it would be crafted with hatred or zeal essences
Venezuela es mi barrio, y odio mi barrio.
Amante de las abejas🐝

1.) I found my first simplex amulet this league in necropolis on 7/5/2024. Split it, sold one, and figured I would try crafting it. Watched a lot of videos, added shaper influence, then awakener orb'd a ton of % strength ammy's onto it, annul prefix and prayed. Took me quite a while and many tries, but finally hit the mods.

2.) Simplex found on 7/5/2024 and literally just finished this craft about 30 minutes ago.

3.) This is my first simplex i've ever found, and my first ever mirror tier worthy craft i've ever done.

4.) This is for my current dual strike of ambidexterity that i'm currently still playing in necropolis league.

5.) I was debating on giving up on the craft after a lot of failed attempts, and how time consuming it is to craft these items, but happen to watch this video over lunch, and figured i'd give it another shot, and I finally hit it.

The hardest part of this craft was definitely getting the base to drop, as at the time it was not available on market simply because it was hidden on everyone's filter. An Item lvl 85 Driftwood club. This base was chosen due to its low str requirement.

After obtaining the base, I used an original harvest to add a random influence hoping for Shaper, if we missed, we needed to go drop another base,as reroll influence wasn't yet available.Once I had a Shaper club, Perfect Fossils were used to 30% quality the item.

Then Essences of woe were used until we received the T1 Penetration on The Prefix
From this Point, the item is cleaned to isolate these mods, original harvest had far more options than today, but the methodology today would still yeild a similar, although not perfect item. Multimod + Prefixes cant be changed, eith a trash craft on the prefix, then reforge fire, guaranteeing a Fire suffix (Basically always fire res), Then Augmenting fire to obtain The explode mod we wanted. By changing the resistance to lightning or cold, we then would target annul with harvest.

From this point, targeted Exalt annuls finished off the craft, with T1 multi and Chaos Res. At this point mana was not a targetable mod with the harvest mechanic, so we settled for crafted mana.

This Item was Created During Harvest League,

This item was my first major craft in path of exile. Up to this point i had never experimented with crafting beyond benching life or resistance on gear. Harvest was the begining of my love for crafting my own items, and even now ill avoid trading for something if i can find a path to victory myself.

Like the Club, the build that this was used for is also a relic of the Past. This club was used for Agnostic Mind over Matter Ball lightning Miner. Before Indigon was changed to also increase the reservation of mine skills it was possible to use arcane cloak to get insane damage multipliers.

This was my passion project for harvest, and there was alot of trial and effort. While I still miss original harvest, the lessons it taught me really springboarded my experiance with crafting in Path of Exile, and for that this craft will always be one i remember fondly!
Last edited by Phadereon on Jul 11, 2024, 10:54:40 PM

Bought a base with 3 implicits and threw a couple of vultures at it.
Was not trying do hit anything insane or mirror tier, this was just to hit some usable mods for the build, and since i only spent about 20-30 vultures i think it turned out pretty good.

Then it was the crucible tree, i had several rampage bases, so obv that was going on there and since i was making this for my EA build i choose some mods that would suit that.

The proces was simply imprint, forge and repeat. this was by far the easiest 5p tree i did that league.

Final step was essence minion dmg til +2 and then its easy and deterministic to get +1. Reforge or add/remove speed til t1 attack spd, cant remember which i did and then unveil minion attack spd.

Made this the last day of Crucible.

I litteraly finished the bow 10 min before the end of crucible league, it was very funny and stressing to watch the timer go down and still trying to finish the tree :D

A little known EA Juggernaut build that is VERY tanky.
The build takes the nodes "spiritual aid" and "spiritual command" that makes minion dmg and attack speed apply to you, thats why the bow is crafted like that.

The thicket base was the prefered base at the time, and with 2.28 attack speed its up there with the fastest bows in the game.

I wanted to have +1 dex gem on the tree, but seeing as it was so late, there was very few available and no time.

Last edited by GenialGed on Jul 17, 2024, 8:37:25 PM

a) Search for the ilvl 86 shaped Mirrored Spiked Shield base because of the 26% initial block chance and dex/int base.
b) I tried to dense fossil spam it to get t1 spell block chance with %es recovery on block but after 1000+ fossils it never really worked out.
c) Find out about Essence of Delirium mod which guarantees t1 spell block (since I wanted it for my low life build low life condition did not matter) and try to get a lot of them by buying any corrupted essences and horticrafting them into Essences of Delirium
d) Hit %es recovery with no 3rd suffix or hit t2-t1 spell suppression and suff cannot be changed reforge infuence to get %es recovery
e) Once you have either 2 or 3 suffixes you can simply suff cannot be changed->scour->block suff->exalt slam 2 times, then if you like the results of slams you slam 3rd time to fill up prefixes.
f) Craft 10% spell suppression
g) The hardest part of the whole craft is to hit 4-5% block chance implicit via double corrupting and it took me 7 shield to finally get it

I hit this double corruption today but I've been crafting it on Standard for the past month because essence market was not doing so well

It is a very niche item for my attempt to be one of the first people on Standard who can run 200% more life Inscribed Ultimatums that require you to survive/stand in circles AND have Stalking ruin IV with 100% success rate.

It is used in my mana stacking build with special tree for hard Stalking ruin IV ultimatums.
Stalking ruin IV is an ultimatum mod that spawns 4 ghosts. Those ghosts randomly teleport around and cast projectile based spell with GMP. If you get hit by that you get 1 ruin stack and when you get 7 of them you lose the ultimatum encounter. Their attacks can shotgun you and it is almost impossible to avoid all of them, However you can block or avoid this spell and don't get ruin stacks.
This means you would have to have 75% spell block and 75% spell avoidance provided by acrobatics node to survive the described above ultimatum encounters with almost no risks. This is exactly what this crucial item gives me while also providing very nice defence layer with %es recovery on block.

It would be nice to have t1 spell suppression instead of crafted one but it doesn't do much for my current setup. It would be very tedious to craft it and then poof it in Alva's temple like I did 3 times during this craft.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info