The Crafters Cup

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

This was during the Blast from the Past event in November 2023. Me and a friend decided to play this event because the crazy possibility of a +2 lightning, +2 all, 60% aura effect amulet.

How it was crafted:
1) Recombinate aura effect onto a Simplex amulet base and clean the other suffix
2) Craft "Cannot Roll Attacks" and Augment Lightning for guaranteed +1 Lightning skill gems
3) Roll a +1 all skill gems amulet base and fill the suffixes.
4) Craft "Cannot Roll Attacks" and Augment Lightning for guaranteed +1 Lightning skill gems.
5) Recombinate both bases, hoping to hit +1 All, +1 Lightning and Aura.
6) Craft a suffix. (Doesn't matter, most likely wouldn't hit anyways)
7) Throw it in a T16 Reflection of Kalandra.

2.) When did you obtain/create this item?

Blast from the Past event (November 2023)

3.) What makes this item "special" to you?

This was the first time I really wanted a GG One-Of-A-Kind item and even though we didn't hit the +4 60%, we still hit a +2 All with 60% aura effect.

In the end we made 3 T16 amulets and one T15 amulet (only 57% aura effect) and all three of them 'failed', but it was really fun and for what I know this is the only 60% aura +2 all amulet in the whole game.

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for? (e.g. what build/purpose)

Using it on my standard Aurabot right now.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?

We used 3 out of 4 T16 Reflection of Kalandra that popped up on the trade site during the entire event and at the end we had to farm everything from bases to harvest juice to get a final attempt in. If the event ever comes back, I'm definitely going for the +4 / +100 aura effect amulet!
"

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

In crucible league, the league mechanic combined weapon bases to make a perfect weapon, but since basically no one played 2h mace builds, the trade market didn't have many 2h mace bases, which I needed to make a perfect marohi erqi, which would be the highest flat dmg weapon in the game if I made the base and chanced it.

I bought out the 2h mace market multiple times and got lucky with making the perfect 2h mace crucible base for specifically cooldown based builds. IE: Shockwave cyclone build and others similar to it.

I then used around 67k chance orbs (55 hours of chancing) to chance the marohi erqi, which is a T0 unique, which I am told that 67k chances is extremely lucky as some people have mathed out the chance to be as high as 1/1,000,000.

I then hit a perfect 600% (which is being multiplied to 738%) roll, which is 1/100 chance in roughly 40 divines.

Then I hit the 8% increased phys damage enchant with my first tempering orb, which is lucky, but I don't want to do the math on how lucky.

End of crucible league.

While I have created other very very very strong crucible weapons, this being a T0 unique makes it extremely special as I got lucky multiple times in creating it. It cost me around 2 mirror to make, but the average cost to make is between 6 to 10 mirrors in crucible depending on actually chance to chance a T0.

The item is the best item in the game for shockwave cyclone.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?

I am not vaaling it using Hinekora's Locks in the hopes that the item gets buffed in the future since it is a very low play rate weapon. Vaaling flat damage on it would be very very strong since it is multiplied by such a large increased phys dmg number.

This item is also getting a very large buff in 3.25 due to the quality change as currently, 30% quality only gives 3.5% dmg.

I’m a huge fan of your videos! When I’ve seen the item I already knew it was you without checking profile 😂

You should take a look at Autobomber VEQuake build from @Kidzeasty. This weapon is just BIS, I’ve a similar one too from crucible ☺️.

Congratulations for the sick craft

1.) I obtained this item by crafting from scratch, buying ilvl 85+ fugitive boots, using deafening envy until I hit t1 spell suppress, annulling any additional suffixes before making the item 2 suffix 2 prefix using exalts, crafting "avoid being frozen" prefix and slamming a crusader exalt.
Once I hit t2 or t1 Cooldown, I remove crafted mods, wild bristle matron on "suffixes can't be changed" then reforge lightning followed by using orb of dominance to either upgrade to t1 or elevate the cdr mod. In my case, it first went to t1, then I repeated the prior steps to hit elevated cdr.
After this, I wild bristle matroned again, cleared mods, used it one more time and used a veiled chaos to hit movespeed. I then slammed an exalt and crafted life on followed by divining it till it allowed me to hit over 52% CDR in tandem with awakened cast on crit level 6.

2.) I created it during Necropolis league, it was the final non-jewel piece of gear I crafted for myself.

3.) This league has been a lot of firsts for me. It's the first time I've done uber bosses, hit level 100, self-crafted a lot of my gear and really just committed to completing something. This piece of gear took me, sadly, well over 300 div to craft. I failed to elevate over 18 pairs of fugitive boots, used well over 100 div of essenses and failed again and again to make it.
It frustrated me, it was difficult and I wanted to just settle on t1 cdr. This one is special to me because it's the first time I had so much currency invested into crafting just one item and having it hit the mods I wanted with such effort felt beyond rewarding and makes me want to enjoy next league even more.

4.) Coc DD build featured by ruetoo. I've only played this build this league.

5.) I've tried to divine it to have perfect suffixes, my luck hasn't been quite all that but I'm still trying till end of league before I'll do it all over with new items in new league :)
Last edited by Neatlyspeed on Jul 17, 2024, 9:53:28 AM

Step 1. Get the base

This item was a particularly GRUELING craft from the Necropolis league mechanic. This insane base took multiple weeks of preparing graveyards to finally hit. This was the first Hubris Circlet to even get both of the mods we were looking for (mana per int + cast speed). It managed to max roll the cast speed (1/5 chance) and also rolled the correct influence (1/2 chance). I was almost ready to give up before this happened.

Step 2. Awaken Hunter influence into the base

Step 3. Use Fundamental + Sanctified fossils until both t1 int suffixes
- The reason we used fossils for this step instead of deafening essences of spite is due to the fact that natural t1 intelligence rolls up to 60, whereas essence intelligence only goes up to 58.

Step 4. Suffixes cannot be changed + reforge influence for a 2nd influenced mod to orb of dominance % intelligence to t0
- If the dominance misses, go back to step 3.

Step 5. Suffixes cannot be changed + reforge influence until t1 % mana
- If prefixes fill during this step, you need to yolo annul a prefix.

Step 6. Hinekora's lock + hover exalt until you slam another influenced mod
- This step sucks

Step 7. Hinekora's lock + orb of dominance until it takes the trash influenced mod you slammed in step 6 and elevates the %mana to t0 (1/6)

Step 8. Divine suffixes and then prefixes using meta mod (1/30 without meta)

Step 9. Suffixes cannot be changed then hinekora's lock + veiled orb until it takes the meta mod (1/2)

Step 10. Unveil AoE

- This step is even worse. Since the item is full, you cannot block any mods; you have to unveil it raw (around 1/3 chance). If you miss the unveil, the item is somewhat bricked due to the fact that it has 6 mods. The only realistic way out of this situation is hinekora's lock + annul the missed unveil (1/6) and starting over from step 9. It probably goes without saying, but this gets outrageously expensive very fast with a little bad luck.

Step 11. Re-divine if needed (1/60), white socket, and sacred orb (1/13)

- A month or two into Necropolis League

- This was a passion project between myself and a friend, not an organization with infinite money and time to pump into the item. Additionally, it's quite unique in the fact that it's both double fractured AND influenced, which has only been made possible through the Necropolis mechanic. It's one of a kind.

- It is a BiS helmet for a mana-stacking Ivory Tower sparker.

- The helmet has been mirrored more than any of my other items combined. It can still be made better with a corruption implicit, making it a true one of a kind item--unmirrorable.

-Gather many helical rings, fracturing orbs, and life res efficiency fractures

-Fracture essence int and str onto a few helicals and set them aside

-Recomb normal rarity helical with scoured life res efficiency fracture (33% success; 50% chance to poof helical base) - Result is helical with life res efficiency prefix. Do this about 8-12 times for reasonable chance of success.

-Scour and craft matching suffixes on strength fractured helical from step 2 and life reservation efficiency helical from step 3; recomb them. (53% chance of success; 66% chance to keep prefix fracture, 80% chance to keep suffix fracture; 20% chance to lose suffix fracture)

-Scour and craft matching suffixes on intelligence fractured helical from step 2 and life reservation efficiency helical from step 3; recomb them. (53% chance of success; 66% chance to keep prefix fracture, 80% chance to keep suffix fracture; 20% chance to lose suffix fracture)

-Now you have a fractured (life res/ str) and a fractured (life res/ int) helical. Craft matching suffixes on both and recomb. (53% success; 18% to lose strength fracture; 18% to lose intelligence fracture; 10% to lose both suffix fractures)

If steps 1 through 6 actually worked you now have a triple fractured helical and can essence/exalt/annul to deterministically get crit multi and chaos resistance (or a different final mod if you don't want chaos res). Throw some divines at it for perfect rolls and its done!

(If I was going to do this craft again I would probably fracture all the helicals first. At the time I was crafting fracture orbs were 30 d each and helical bases were ~80 d each so it didn't make sense to fracture. At the time of this post helical rings are around 110 d each and fracture orbs are 8 d each.)

I gathered the materials during affliction league, then completed the craft in standard as it required recombinators to complete.

It's a triple fractured heist base with a temple fracture and two perfect essence fractures - I think that's pretty darn cool :)

I've been playing manastacker builds for basically my entire PoE career and have a hierophant I've been working on min-maxing for several leagues as a standard project. A perfect synth ring might(?) theoretically outperform it (not sure, I don't used pob haha), but I think this is pretty darn close to a BiS ring for mjolnr manabond enjoyers. The life res efficiency line frees up 4 points on the tree by letting you drop the reservation mastery wheel.

I love you Belton. Fuck TFT. <3

Notes: when this was crafted the "Bow attacks fire an additional arrow" explicit modifier was a shaper influence Prefix modifier and Aisling didn't remove a modifier.

Steps:
-1 Take an ilevel 86+ shaper influence quiver and chaos spam until you hit the additional arrow mod alongside either any tier of life or any tier of elemental damage with attack skills (WED)

-2 If the quiver has an open prefix craft either wed or life so the bow has both mods, if no prefix is open try to annul and if you miss go back to step 1

-3 Use the harvest "reforge more likely" craft looking for both a high tier of life and wed alongside the additional arrow. If you hit high life and wed: continue. If you keep all 3 prefix mods but they are bad reforge again. If you lose either the life or wed mod go back to step 2, if you lose the additional arrow mod go back to step 1.

Prefixes are now done!

-4 Craft prefixes cannot be changed and use the harvest reforge critical. Repeat until you hit t1 %crit multiplier with bows

-5 Aisling to get the %crit chance + %chance to gain a frenzy charge on crit modifier.

-6 Bench craft attack speed

-7 Double corrupt

I created this quiver a month into the expedition league.

Elemental hit was very popular in expedition league and crafting quivers using the method explained above was a very lucrative activity. When I hit 3 t1 prefixes I decided to make one that had t1 multi alongside the crit+frenzy aisling mod. I was a bit obsessed with making an item that would be good enough for the TFT shop but this wasn't good enough for it as it was on average cheaper than a mirror to craft this quiver.
When the item got denied from the TFT shop I decided that I might as well double corrupt it.
Hitting the additional arrow corrupt implicit was back then the only way you could get 2 additional arrow modifiers on a quiver. The synthesis implicit version of this modifier could not be combined with a shaper mod or a corruption implicit.
This meant that, until they changed the additional arrow explicit to be a non-influence suffix modifier, this was the best quiver in the game for elemental bow builds marking this as my biggest luck moment ever in PoE

This was the perfect quiver for any elemental bow builds, most popular at the time was elemental hit.

When I hit the double corrupt I posted a screenshot of the quiver to reddit and it hit the front page: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/pasvco/sometimes_lucky_esc/

1. Purchase or use graveyard to create a shaper or elder influenced double-fractured base.
--> this is also where you should perfect & gilded fossil/harvest enchant if you are smarter than I am.

2. Spam chaos orbs for dmg or aoe per strength depending on influence.

3. Roll an additional mace for other mod, isolate it as the only influenced affix, awakener orb and pray. If you are lucky and no 5th mod rolls, skip all the way to step 6.

4. Assuming you get a dead mod, craft suffix cannot be changed -> veiled orb, hoping to hit the dead mod (W -> step 7). Removing dmg per strength puts you on step 5. If you remove the meta mod, a yolo annul gives you a 25% chance to remove the dead mod (W -> step 7), 25% chance to remove the new veiled mod (L -> start of this step), 25% chance to remove dmg per strength (L -> step 5), 25% chance to remove aoe per strength - which is worst case scenario. Rolling for the extremely low weighted suffix aoe per strength on a double influence item with 2 fractured suffixes is EXTREMELY low odds, I was never in this position so never calculated best move.

5. Welcome to hell. Stash up on as many Wild Bristle Matrons as you can, beast lock prefixes -> reroll fire until damage per fire. Craftofexile simulation puts the odds at about 1/60 with a 100k sample size, this is extremely volatile considering the price. If additional prefix rolls, you are back on step 4, if it's clean -> step 6.

6. Lock suffixes -> prayge -> veiled orb. Arguably worth a lock, depending on your budget, the price of locks, the availability of additional bases/wild bristle matrons, and your own personal preferences regarding risk aversion. If you hit the meta mod you are 99% complete, move on to step 7. If you remove dmg per strength you are back on step 5... hehehe.

7. At this stage your weapons suffixes are done, your prefixes are dmg per strength and a veiled mod. After crafting phys dmg, the odds are ~98% to unveil either chaos pen or spell dmg/non chaos as chaos, chaos pen being the far superior option and also more likely to roll at 86%. Craft the other modifier.

8. Realize you are a dumb old man who completely forgot to perfect fossil the base. Omen of blanching until three white sockets, beast corrupt 30%.

About a month ago, mid 3.24.

Having played for many years, this league was my most successful in terms of finances by a significant margin, and this character is min-maxed to a degree I never thought I would get to. I built a character around original sin for the first time, and this weapon is borderline bis - turns out I'm not actually crit capped so a War Hammer base would be slightly superior.

Strength stacking original sin - in my case volcanic fissure of snaking but there are a few options.

Unfortunately I have poofed two original sins and the build is effectively dead until I get another... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Vegetablè on Jul 16, 2024, 3:53:54 PM

I crafted it myself because of a project I started in Sentinel league and literally none existed on the market (even standard offline). Here are the steps:
- Acquire ilvl 83 Hunter Spiked Gloves
- Gilded fossil for vendor implicit
- Alt spam for Non-Vaal Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemies
- Craft Prefixes Cannot Be Changed
- Reforge influence (or fill prefixes and reforge phys for 100% guaranteed phys dot multi)
- Orb of Dominance for Non-Vaal Strike Skills target 2 additional nearby Enemies (50-50)
- Acquire Warlord gloves with +1 frenzy charge (or alt spam yourself for it)
- Awakener orb the warlord gloves onto the Hunter Spiked Gloves
- If you get full prefixes, annull for a 33% chance to hit the 3rd prefix
- Now craft prefixes cannot be changed and use a veiled orb (I had to run Aislings for this, about 8-10 minutes per try). If you hit a veiled suffix go again, we want a veiled prefix
- Unveil 35% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage as your third prefix
- Now craft Prefixes cannot be changed and reforge either speed (for attack speed) or chaos (for chaos res). If you hit 3 suffixes, annull while praying for the 50-50
- Once I hit T1 chaos res, I beast crafted aspect of the cat (level 30 wasn't a thing yet)
- Bench crafted attack speed (didn't need T1 ias, as I already have 41 aps)
- Hinekora's lock and vaal for the +1 frenzy charge implicit

I crafted these at the end of affliction, with most of the money I transferred from that league into standard

These gloves are the last piece I needed to complete my Frenzy Charge Frenzy build: what started back in Sentinel league as a Shacko Flicker Strike, slowly evolved into "The most frenzy charges" build. For the most damage output, I needed to also use Hatred (because lv 35 Ice Bite with 20 frenzy charges gives a huge amount of flat cold), so I logically wanted to convert all my phys damage to cold to sort of "double dip". I am using hatred watchers eye and the cold mastery, but needed the last 20% to reach 100% conversion. This item to me represents the culmination of the "twenty frenzy charges" project I started back in 2022.

These gloves can be used on any strike skill that benefits from cold damage really. I think they could be bis for melee Frenzy and Flicker strike, but they could work quite well for frost blades too. They might work for cold convert boneshatter too, but I am not really familiar with that build.

If we are talking about numbers:
- I hit 3 awakeners orb that resulted in a free prefix out of 21 total
- I managed to sell 6 pairs of flicker gloves that made me recoup the crafting cost excluding the locks
- I had to run 19 Aislings before hitting cold convert on the unveil
- I hit both fire convert and lightning convert before cold convert on the unveils
- The average odds of hitting +1 frenzy charge on either of the implicits is about 1/90. The odds of hitting it on the gilded implicit is then about 1/180. It took me "only" 128 locks to hit it on the gilded implicit, which is considerably lucky
- Am I a Christmas tree? Yes, yes I am

Last edited by Stiwoz on Jul 21, 2024, 4:59:32 PM

Spoiler
1.1 Base: bought for 3 mirrors in standard
1.2 Plan discussed (synth vs elder-shaper multilink)
1.3 Crafting process:
Spoiler
1.3.1 Prefixes:
Spoiler
supported by eledmg, ruthless, 40% more attack dmg
1.3.1.1 Apply random influence to base
1.3.1.2 Reroll influence in harvest bench to elder (shaper would have worked too, but less likely: took 8 rerolls)
1.3.1.3 Alt spam for 'supported by lvl 20 ruthless' (80 weighting, ~1088 alts)
1.3.1.4 Imprint (~4d per)
1.3.1.5 Prepare shaper donor base: Alteration Spam for 'supported by lvl 20 elemental damage with attacks' or 'socketed skills deal 40% more attack damage' (both 500 weighting, ~116 alts)
1.3.1.6 Awakener's Orb them together
1.3.1.7 Check prefixes for the third desired prefix (lvl20 ele w attacks or 40% more, see 1.3.1.5; didn't happen sadly) OR open prefix. If no open prefix: If 3rd prefix has no attack mod, suffix is open: cannot roll attack, annul til it removes the 3rd prefix. If 3rd prefix has attack mod, or suffixes are full: Yolo annul. If miss, repeat from 1.3.1.4)
1.3.1.8 'Prefixes cannot be changed' -> reforge influence for the 3rd missing prefix (~8d per; 1/80 to hit, managed to get it in around 500div). If miss, repeat from 1.3.1.7

1.3.2 Suffixes:
Spoiler
supported by: critchance, critmulti, faster attacks (3000 weight total,: 1000 per)
1.3.2.1 Clean suffixes (Modweights: 125750)
1.3.2.2 Craft blocker (acc+str+dex, 23000 weight)
1.3.2.3 2x: Add mod to a Shaper Item / Add mod to an Elder Item (Supposedly higher rate to get influenced mods compared to exalt slam. Why not reforge speed/crit? Suffixes can fill, locks cost ~250d)
a) If no desired suffixes: craft 'prefixes cannot be changed', scour. Revert to 1.3.2.2
b) If one desired suffix, and the undesired suffix has no attack mod: craft 'cannot roll attack', try to annul off the undesired suffix (recrafting 'cannot roll attack' if annul hits it). If fail, revert to 1.3.2.3. If success, revert to 1.3.2.3.
c) If one desired suffix, and the undesired suffix has attack mod: craft 'prefixes cannot be changed', try to annul the undesired suffix off (recrafting 'prefixes cannot be changed' if annul hits it). If success, revert to 1.3.2.3. If fail, revert to 1.3.2.3.
d) Great Success. Any combination of two mods of t1 supported by critchance, critmulti, faster attacks works (technically, having faster attacks is best, cause it blocks attackspeed, removing another 8000 weight)
1.3.2.5 The pain and suffering. Remove crafted mod. Apply Hinekora's Lock and check Exalted Orb for 3rd 'supported by' mod. Estimate 1/110 chance to hit. Took 106 Hinekora's Locks, 1mir ~ 6 locks.

1.3.3 Finish
Spoiler
Divine (Ruthless phys roll not yet perfect, does not matter too much.), Harvest-Enchant, White-Sockets

Total Cost: 3 mir, 2500div, 106 Hinekora's

Bought base 9th July 2024; craft took until 16th July 2024

Scion is best girl, armourstacker is life.

Best in slot Armourstacker weapon for Tectonic Slam with Original Sin if no other source of wither is present (TWWT, Balance of Terror,...)
Why? Provides:
a) Iron Reflexes (no need for keystone tattoo/enables different trees),
b) Wither source
c) Dmgnode for Tectonic Slam,
d) Energy Leech (enables many mods)
e) 9L or 12L weapon with squire, all t1 mods, best possible mod combination
Dmg is 5 to 14% lower than TFT's Dire Beak depending on setup, but that weapon has no wither source. (15 wither stacks = 50% MORE dmg, putting it at 36% more if no other source of wither is present)
Frees up TWWT for other mods, relieves budget pressure, provides all the damage you will ever need

Thanks to Stone, SettlersSlushFund, Shadowazaz, Imxisajuru and Ucokkocok for helping with: currency, advice, shoulders to cry on.

Last edited by Irelyar on Jul 17, 2024, 8:54:06 AM

- I bought 3x synth mods base for the 95 ex where only explode bases was worth +- 30 ex. That was in sentinel league so no Vivid Vulture existed. Than the biggest luck in my poe life kicked in. I recombinated this base with I think +1 all spell, with second sceptre t1 fire and +1 all fire and it freaking hit.

- Don't remember exact date but was in mid of sentinel league.

- My first mirrored item and biggest luck EVER.

- That was first league I played RF and oriath's end was not a thing then. Recombinators seemed to be really fun so I tried to make one and only in that league RF explode sceptre.

- Good luck to all participants and stay sane ;)

Last edited by jacek487 on Jul 17, 2024, 9:12:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info