The Crafters Cup

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.

This is an item that combines the "more modern" crafting that is available to us within leagues and also my favorite item I have ever done !

I will keep the crafting steps simple ;

Acquire frenzy base with triple implicits -
Spam Vivid Vultures until satisfied -
Once that's done, don't forget the gilded fossil !
Mirror craft the ring with desired stats-
Once completed; spam hinekora's locks until Hatred effect on the gilded fossil mod -

2.) When did you obtain/create this item?

This item was made in necropolis league.

3.) What makes this item "special" to you?

This item is the perfect example of how much of a minmaxer I truly am when I love a build ! ( TS omni ). This was a personal craft just for me ! It was never intended for making a mirror service item but instead was created to go directly on my standard build. I had tried to make this in the past leagues but never got around to hit the Hatred mod. It completes my dream set !

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for? (e.g. what build/purpose)

This ring is intented for Phys convert TS omni.

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?

The one ring to rule them all :)

1.) How did you obtain/create this item? Detail the crafting steps if applicable.
a.) Alt spam non-vaal skill/ +1 frenzy mods on two glove bases, elevate then
awakener's orb and hope for an open suffix and prefix.
b.) If it has an open prefix and suffix, lock pref then scour. If pref and/or
suffixes are full annul and hope to not hit both elevated mods (if it
does then back to alt spamming and elevating).
c.) lock prefix reforge/or aug speed till t1 Attack speed.
d.) Multi-mod dex/int and inc damage while leeching.
e.) Go to alva and pray to hit +1 frenzy.

- Affliction League

- was ecstatic hitting +1 frenzy implicit only to realize i was crafting on a
conjurer base (wanted a sorcerers base). Spent three weeks recrafting and
double corrupting and it just wont hit.

- CI Trickster Flicker Strike

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item you'd like to include?
- Also tried recrafting it in standard. still did not hit +1 frenzy implicit.
Last edited by mondrichxd on Jul 11, 2024, 11:48:28 AM

Step 1.
Fracture or buy base.
Step 2.
Use perfect fossils to get 30% and use sacred orbs to get perfect base.
Step 3.
Start with implicits, use orbs of conflict to elevate to perfect, roll second mod with exceptional orbs (yes this was crazy expensive) and hope that you hit the 75% to elevate the exceptional (yes i missed the first time).
Step 4.
Add a gilded fossil to the item to enable the last step (11) of using vaal orb.
(you can't do this after the craft, because the gilded fossil will reroll your mods)
Step 5.
Roll with Deafening Essence of Loathing until you hit t1 % regen.
Step 6.
Retry until a clean t1 life; suff cant be changed + horticraft life.
Step 7.
Craft suff cant be changed and slam with a veiled orb.
To start with, hit the 5050 on the suff cant be changed line.
When you hit the 5050, craft the +1maxzombies+1maxskeleton to block the heighest weigh competing with the +2 AoE.
Craftofexile says it about a 47% chance to hit the AoE (I highly doubt that)
Step 8.
Divine to perfect, first suffixes then suff cant be changed and divine prefixes.
Step 9.
Craft the 8% phys to fire.
Step 10.
Use omen of blanching to get 3 white, then horticraft for the 4th white socket.
Step 11.
The reason of the vendorline: use hinecora's lock to see the outcome of your vaal orb. It has four outcomes, 1 is a change of implicit to a vaal implicit.
Of this 1/4, it is a 1/3 to hit the vendor line, from 24 outcomes only 3 were wanted for my build.
I dont think i have to explain how expensive this last step can be.

This league, 3.24, Necropolis league.

I hit % life on the vendor line with 3 hin locks.
The thing which makes this item rememberable for me, it took 32 veiled orbs UNVEILS to get the 2+ Aoe on this item.
I have to be honest that i hit more then 70% the suff cant be changed, but the fact that the veiling was more expensive (in time and currency) then the hin locking was quite the suprise in hindsight.
This is the moment i heard from friends that the craftofexile weights are not always correct :)

I made this for my 100% phys to ele, 90% all restranscendence chieftain RF/Ftrap build. After having followed Pohx's guides, I went my own way and made my character immortal.

I hit perfect base values with 2 sacred orbs :D

Did I already tell that i took me over 50 veiled orbs? :S
Last edited by Merreum on Jul 11, 2024, 11:42:19 AM

This is actually a cute story, as it happened during Affliction league. At first, it was a Magic Scholar's Robe. The RF Chieftain guide just dropped and I had a measly 10c with a build worth under 1 div. This was the first scholar's robe that I dropped after I made emphasized it in the loot filter!

So, the lucky part is not that I chanced it into the scholar's robe with perfect roll, but the next part, which was Vaaling it into a +1% Maximum Fire Res.

This blew my mind and I started screaming like a little kid as it was worth well over 10 div at that point!

Affliction League

How it happened to make me feel like all the stars aligned all of a sudden!

RF Chieftain, it gave me a huge boost in maps!

Not quite, it might not seem that much, but for me at that specific moment, chancing + perfect fire res roll + 1% maximum fire resistance, it was a god send!
Last edited by teroare on Jul 11, 2024, 11:48:27 AM

This was a 2 party play. Long term I invested my entire sentinel group split (im the main trader for a league start group empy/snap/ras/red/sevan/chilly) to IronVSWild so he could figure out recombs and by doing so he gave the community 2 massive reddit guides to using recombs in a bunch of different ways.

Knowing that he is imo the most detailed person with the most knowledge/testing experience we setup a goal to try to create an item that was a 1 of a kind that would be near impossible to beat we just waited for merge. This is the entire writeup of the process - its long but its Iron...he includes everything!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/wsjj2b/blood_braid_the_triple_legacy_mirrortier_amulet/

Aug 18th 2022 during merge week at the end of sentinel league

It's one of a kind. Can only be replicated "now" if you use an OG mirror tier base since they made recomb no longer work on mirror'd items

That's a long list...was made for any generic MF Bowyer i guess

Before the final recomb it was called "rift rosary"...super lame. That last recomb hit...watching the mods fillout...we were both more happy on the name change over it actually surviving and the mods were mostly still there. (lost crit chance...gained all attr...not bad)

Just the entire stat line including the annointed modifiers...this is where it gets nutty when you count up all the stats

+109 to Maximum Life
15% increased maximum Life
12% increased Mana R
10% inc effect on non -curse
10% Attack pen
105% crit multi
+37 All Atr
Adds 5 to 72 Light Dmg to attacks
49% Inc WeD
25% Inc Crit chance
20% iiq
"Actually as the #1 Slayer's Banker..."
"Actually as the #1 Guardian's Banker..."
Last edited by indeed317 on Jul 11, 2024, 12:23:56 PM

Vendor a shaped Light of Lunaris + shaped Shade of Solaris

patch 3.23 if I remember correctly

It is the ONLY purely shaper Duskdawn in all of poe. (my friend @Xeo has a crusader/shaper one)

Any shaped item collection

I needed multiple years to collect the two items required to make this as they don't really exist due to rarity tiers. It is also almost impossible to chance them for the same reason.
shaped Shade of Solaris on trade.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎Armour Stacking: /view-thread/3410613
‎‎VFB Magic Finder: /view-thread/3522007
Last edited by Jix_91 on Jul 11, 2024, 12:34:02 PM

1.) How did you obtain/create this item?
I think i remember i got the axe and slam a warlords orb, didn't get it, rolled like a madman with alteration until got the warlords mod and after slam the 60% chance shaper mod from another axe

i think this mod doesn't exist anymore, it was the league before this mod got gutted.

I myself am a very casual player, like it takes me a almost a week to finish the campaign when league starts. In that league I had a bit more time and played a bit more and because of that I tried to craft a weapon for my spectral shield build. I saw the mod with 60% chance on a random weapon but not reading it entirely and being very exited about it, I started to craft, and after 3 days of intense crafting with my noob knowledge I realized the weapon was not good for the build. BTW still noob at the game but love it.

4.) What is (or was) this item best used for?
It wasn't used :)) because it was not good for the build but I realized how noob I was and laughed a lot.

No.

1.) How did I create this item? Crafting steps
a. I bought fractured life base
b. tailoring orb spam until "no red sockets" and a useful other modifier (life or resistance)
c. essence of horror to obtain 15% of physical damage taken as cold
d. bench craft chance to avoid elemental ailments
e. eldrith ichor to make eater dominant
f. use exalted orb, eldritch annulmnet orb and eldritch chaos orb to obtain 2 high tier resistance suffixes and high tier additional physical damage reduction or high tier life regeneration
g. use harvest to swap resistances to the ones needed
h. eldrith ember to obtain +1% to all maximum resistance
i. eldrith ichor for the less damage taken
j. fully socket and link.

2.) When did I create this item? Early 3.24 necropolis league.

3.) What makes this item "special" to me? It's the first item that i crafted using more then just fossils specifically tailored to my needs.

4.) What was this item best used for? My Architect's Hand Ice Trap of Hollowness Inquisitor

5.) Are there any additional interesting details about the item I'd like to include? Since this item was specificaly tailored to a build that I created from scratch, nothing similar existed at the time. Having the "no red scokets" enchant was fundamental since the six-link for ice trap of hollowness doesn't include any red gem (other than inspiration maybe). Using Essence of Horror and bench crafting ailment avoidance is worse that bench crafting phys taken as and adding ailment avoidance with a veiled orb, but the extra 5% chance to avoid elemental ailments is not worth the huge price increase. The item is actually unfinished: the next steps would have benn to:
j. use the the orb of conflict to obtain +2 to all maximum resistances
k. eldrith ichor for the less damage taken
l. harvest enchant resistances
m. beast corrupt for 30% quality
n. use tainted currency to obtain the preferred socket colors.

1.) I crafted Ghoul Refuge in Crucible League, starting from the fact that on trade was no
good enough item for my Flicker build. I know what do i need and started the crafting.
Crafting steps:
___ 1.)Sniping the evasion base wtih frenzy chaarge ilvl 86 3 iplicits
___ 2.)Making the crucible tree
___ 3.)Rolling the synthesed implicits
___ 4.)Get 30 quality and after 3t1 suffixes
___ 5.)Get t1 Life in Prefixes
___ 6.)Make the only preffixes on item are t1 Life and Suffixes cannot be changed, Hit the Aslign
___ 7.)Divine Suffixes, Suffixes cannot be changed, divine Preffixes, craft extra cold
___ 8.)Bless implicits, use some sacred orbs to have perfect base, and finaly white sockets

2.) I crafted an item in the middle of Crucible League.

3.) My first Synthesed item for service, the best shield in the game for my Flicker build, also it is
my the best memories from the best league in PoE on my opinion.

4.) The best option for attack build which looking for 2 Frenzy charges, Tonn (47) of suppress.
Provide incredible Offence and Defence abilities. Was mirrored by tricksters and slayers.

5.) There was no double frenzy charge shields with suppress which i was needed tonn for the build,
because i was have no other options to reach 100% chance to suppress spell damage.

Last edited by DANGEON_OLEG_BOCHAROW on Jul 13, 2024, 4:27:15 AM

During Crucible I was a BV enjoyer. I set out on a goal to have a synth base with a good crucible tree. The 5th node for BV seemed very underwhelming so I did not bother with 5th tree node.

1. Crafting Steps
a. live search power charge bases all league and try to buy them all. Bought around 10 bases.
b. Buy triple synth base with double spell damage. Be a noob and settle for a higher dex base instead of spending more money on a lower dex requirement base.
c. Admit I am not good enough bank roll to try to vulture the base and instead focus on getting the crucible tree done.
d. Use 4 power charge bases to get power charge on synth base.
e. Countless live searching for donor bases to make donor bases with crucible nodes 1,2, and 3.
f. Slowly add crucible mods via imprinting synth base, this process was a blur I don't quite remember how it all went but eventually got the crucible tree I wanted.
d. did the typical spell bow crafting steps, settled early because I was burnt out on the crucible tree and LOL I can finish the item in standard right?

2. Created during crucible

3. Special mostly because I made it myself instead of just waiting around to get a mirrored copy of an actual mirror worthy bow.

4. Cold BV with power charge stacking

5. Wish I put more thought into this craft and got a good 5 node crucible base and just imprint synth it myself instead of depending on what was available on the market.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info