what PC do i need to play the game

for some reason poe eat ONLY 1 core... its not multi processor...

only 1 core 100% used while other not used at all
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Programmers have to write "special" code for using more than 1 cpu or thread.

And even then not everything can be done parallel.

Ok, your PC does some other things than PoE so more than 1 cpu is useful.

There's the PoE option for switching multi-threading on/off so I think they have written some code for that :-)

But if a code gets old and is changed many many times programming becomes more and more difficult.
Especialy if you change basic designs.

Every 3-4 months a new addon - that's a "crazy" developing cycle and we are in a beta with each new addon again.
GGG handle that mostly well, but sometimes not.

There are reasons why PoE 2 will be a new game with a different engine!

But I don't know if we are testing new code for PoE 2 in PoE 1 or if there are other reasons why GGG ruined game performance for many players.
Maybe like moving workload from servers to clients (= our PCs) to reduce server costs?

"
Jerexil wrote:
hoho when was it ever stated that PoE2 is being built on a different engine?
"
"
Jerexil wrote:
hoho when was it ever stated that PoE2 is being built on a different engine?

You're right,I think that's a common misconception because POE2 looks so much better from what they've allowed us to see.

And I can see why people would think it was a different engine.
GGG need to optimize their game well and repair multi-threading or give us settings to lower particles and some shit dramatically.

Cuz i play without multi-threading and have lower fps, but kinda smooth 60 fps game. When i turn multi-threading on my fps grow to 100-120, but its like "roller coaster", spikes and lags, absolutelly not smooth, unreal to play.
Last edited by Teret3 on Jan 20, 2024, 7:32:15 AM
One would think setting app to Highest priority - etc. etc. would even make a lick of improvement playing abyss/ legion whatever with a friend.. it doesn't. Game code needs a complete overhaul.
there isnt one avaible on the market
nasa pc to play with decent frames , actualy what we need is they fix europe realms , its sometimes impossible to play .
"multi-rendering" ?
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
for some reason poe eat ONLY 1 core... its not multi processor...

only 1 core 100% used while other not used at all

It depends on what the application is doing. An application can only use multiple cores if it can be 'parallelisable'; if the application is processing things whose outcomes depend on each other in a sequence then it can only run on 1 core.

Think of this as you're making a vegetable cake and need to cut 10 different vegetables. Will bringing in 10 cooks to cut the vegetables help? Absolutely.

But when you want to bake the cake can 10 ovens help. Nope, you just need 1 good oven.

Events in PoE are either cutting vegetables or baking the cake. Graphics/pixel/shader calculations are vegetables and can be handled by heavily multi-threaded GPUs.

Calculating damage numbers on a single monster is more like baking. You have to calculate damage numbers sequentially as the hits are landed, so that's mostly single-threaded. Calculating numbers on multiple monsters, however, can be relegated to different cores. But, there is a cost to using multiple cores and if the overhead is more than the calculations, then multi-threading isn't worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info