what PC do i need to play the game

"
xfiendmate wrote:
i have the right to complain if the game runs fine two weeks prior to this date.

Sure but dont pretend that you are looking for feedback on how to improve your rig if you just wanna complain. I could have saved myself the trouble from helping you which is super annoying and an extra level of entitlement if you think about it for just one second
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Dec 14, 2023, 12:12:23 PM
i thought my pc is just fine for poe. now i know its not
thanx . im done
"
xfiendmate wrote:
thanx . im done

It's not terrible for POE.
I have an i7 6700K, GTX1080Ti and 16GB of RAM. I can run it at 144fps in 2k resolution.

You might have to run it on low settings to get 60+fps or close but it should be fine for POE right now.
Last edited by Gulch on Dec 14, 2023, 1:08:54 PM
"
Gulch wrote:
"
xfiendmate wrote:
thanx . im done

It's not terrible for POE.
I have an i7 6700K, GTX1080Ti and 16GB of RAM. I can run it at 144fps in 2k resolution.

You might have to run it on low settings to get 60+fps or close but it should be fine for POE right now.

i am running on low right now and the game is a laggy mess. could be something wrong with my machine or softwore i dont know.
"
xfiendmate wrote:

i am running on low right now and the game is a laggy mess.

It's a laggy mess for almost everyone this league.
Last edited by Gulch on Dec 14, 2023, 2:06:48 PM
even if you were to get 3090 with best CPU on the market you would still get issues and fps spikes in this game
The graphic card should not be a problem for poe even though it's outdated. Upgrade the CPU and see how it goes, right now the GPU is probably bottlenecked by your CPU anyway(not that i am an expert, but that was my experience with the same graphic card and an outdated CPU). 1660 6gb is still fine for most things not super new.
Last edited by Strickl3r on Dec 14, 2023, 2:24:55 PM
i tried two different games and they run smooth...pc seems to be ok
i give up

thank you all
You are due for a PC upgrade, though this is an expensive endeavour.

I have the best consumer-grade parts one can buy to build a gaming PC and I still dip and get artifacts on some maps. This is the nature of PoE since the 3.21.2 graphics patch 6 months ago. It only really happens in 80-100% deli with double-beyond, etc on max settings at 4k. This game basically puts your CPU in the oven while repeatedly kicking it in the balls.

It's ok to complain if something's unfair, but like someone previously mentioned, it's a little disingenuous to preface those complaints with "hey GaiZ WhIch Pc ShouLd I bUy!?"
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
xfiendmate wrote:
ive been playing the game on this rig for years...now its unplayable

what changed?
PoE is no longer the game you have been playing for years. Whenever performance comes up people are quick to dismiss it as a 10 year old game. It is not. PoE is fairly modern nowadays and your quad core cpu from the last decade just isn't cutting it anymore. Neither is 8GB of ram in 2023. Heck, even 16GB is cutting it close nowadays.

You can get in the used market for AM4 for relatively cheap now. Something like a b450/b550 board, 5800X3D and 16/32GB of DDR4 ram (3200 to 3600MHz CL16) paired with a 3060 or 4060 doesn't break the bank and will last you for years to come.

hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info