what PC do i need to play the game

"
tntedesco wrote:
Given the new engine improvements, if I were to choose, would it be better to get a 7800x3d or a 5800x3d plus a 7800xt for PoE/PoE2? Currently I have a 5600x and a 3060ti.
Since you are already on AM4 you can just slot in a 5800X3D and be good for a very long time. The 7800X3D is slightly better but much more expensive with the required platform swap. The 7800XT is an excellent card as well.
"
Pashid wrote:
7800X3D and keep your 3060ti. going to last for a very long time for PoE and even other modern games.

Yeah, GREAT IDEA!!! Swap your mobo, ram, cpu for 20%, 30% difference. Best advice today.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:
7800X3D and keep your 3060ti. going to last for a very long time for PoE and even other modern games.

Yeah, GREAT IDEA!!! Swap your mobo, ram, cpu for 20%, 30% difference. Best advice today.
Nothing wrong with that idea to be honest. If the 3060ti gets the job done right now, i.e the person plays on 1080p and doesn't aim to max out more recent AAA titles then that will still be good for a while. PoE and PoE2 however are very CPU demanding games and investing into the AM5 platform leaves more upgrade paths than the already EOL AM4.
Last edited by Ulsarek on Mar 18, 2024, 5:42:06 AM
"
Nothing wrong with that idea to be honest. If the 3060ti gets the job done right now, i.e the person plays on 1080p and doesn't aim to max out more recent AAA titles then that will still be good for a while. PoE and PoE2 however are very CPU demanding games and investing into the AM5 platform leaves more upgrade paths than the already EOL AM4.

Yeah, if someone is sitting on 3060ti, excuse me but wtf are you even on about
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"

Yeah, if someone is sitting on 3060ti, excuse me but wtf are you even on about
Respectfully, what the fuck are you on about? The 3060ti is still a very capable card. Your point is?
"
Respectfully, what the fuck are you on about? The 3060ti is still a very capable card. Your point is?

My point is very clear. You are just ignorant defending your friend.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"

My point is very clear. You are just ignorant defending your friend.
The person in question literally has the choice between 5600X3D plus a new GPU or swapping over to AM5 with a 7800X3D. Again, your point is? There is enough information in this thread to outline both the pro and cons. It merely depends on what other games they play, their desired resolution and refresh rate. In any case my point stands, the 3060ti is still excellent for PoE and if it is just that game, the 7800X3D would be an phenomenal upgrade. Even over the 5800X3D.

However, it appears you are just posting for the sake of stirring up controversy. Whatever it is you are currently going through in life, I hope you'll be better soon. Have a nice day.
"
The person in question literally has the choice between 5600X3D plus a new GPU or swapping over to AM5 with a 7800X3D. Again, your point is? There is enough information in this thread to outline both the pro and cons. It merely depends on what other games they play, their desired resolution and refresh rate. In any case my point stands, the 3060ti is still excellent for PoE and if it is just that game, the 7800X3D would be an phenomenal upgrade. Even over the 5800X3D.

However, it appears you are just posting for the sake of stirring up controversy. Whatever it is you are currently going through in life, I hope you'll be better soon. Have a nice day.

"
Pashid wrote:

"
Pashid wrote:
You can get away with your 1080 but something newer with more modern technology and vram would be better.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3060-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1080/4090vs3603

It is just laughable. Marketing gibberish of Jen-Hsun Huang is doing great.
"
Dxt44 wrote:

Says the guy posting userbenchmark as his source. Big yikes.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
"

Says the guy posting userbenchmark as his source. Big yikes.

Same guy complains about performance issues in the game but rocks around on a outdated OS with outdated drivers and claims that win7 is so much more superior for gaming in 2024. Not hard to tell that they lack any useful knowledge about PC stuff.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info