what PC do i need to play the game

"
Beglets wrote:
"
xfiendmate wrote:
ive been playing the game on this rig for years...now its unplayable

what changed?

They somehow introduced so called multi-threading bug into the code of the game a year or two ago.

Some PCs are affected by the bug and some are not.

You can determine if your PC is affected by doing following steps:

When in the game, go to some area with minimal load on CPU, - Act 1 first waypont for example or your hideout, even login screen will do. Press F1 to see CPU performance stats (red line). Then open Options, scroll to the bottom, there's line called "Engine Multithreading". Switch engine multithreading on and off and watch how it affects your CPU performance.

If you have heavy CPU load and multiple CPU stutters and spikes when "Engine Multithreading" are ON and none of that when it is OFF then your PC affected by that bug.

You can somewhat fix it though, go to Technical Support forum (or Reddit) and read how to make a power plan for your PC with CPU C-States disabled, it helps.

i have exactly that... and i will try to fix this problem as you suggested but can i just play the game without multithreading enabled...off?
i turned off the thing and the game runs butter smooth. with ocasional lagg, and stuttering
problem solved thanx
Last edited by xfiendmate on Jan 13, 2024, 4:12:32 PM
"
xfiendmate wrote:
hi
i have a i5-4670K overclocked to 4,1 mhz turbo boost
ssd harddrive
nvidia geforce GTX 1660
and 8GB of RAM. (1333hz or something)

what should i upgrade to play this game...
thanx

I applied to NASA. I want to steal their PC so that PoE has more than 9 fps.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Bro your GPU is 10 years old it's a testament to PoE's engine that the game runs at all for you lmao.

His GPU is from 2019, it's not very old. I'd say it's not old.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Bro your GPU is 10 years old it's a testament to PoE's engine that the game runs at all for you lmao.

His GPU is from 2019, it's not very old. I'd say it's not old.

The 1660 was a budget card even when it came out 4 years ago. It barely ran PoE when it came out and I'd know because that was my old card then lol.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jan 12, 2024, 8:06:19 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
The 1660 was a budget card even when it came out 4 years ago. It barely ran PoE when it came out and I'd know because that was my old card then lol.

1660 never was budget card. 1030 and 1050 were budget. 1060 is a mid-end, like the others xx60 cards from NVIDIA. 1660 is inbetween 1060 and 1070. Moreover it completely satisfies official game requirements needed to play the game comfortably.

The problem of this game is not user hardware, but very bad and old legacy codebase, unability to write bugless code by GGGs developers, a lot of workarounds, placeholders and temporary "fixes" which spoiled their spaghetti code.

You can buy more powerful hardware to "fix" their issues but it doesn't fix the nature of the problem. Similar to eating the pills from the headache instead of curing the actual illness. And this is infinite cycle accepted by community - they prefer to throw another 700-1600$ each two years for the new hardware instead of asking the devs to fix the development paradigm.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

1660 never was budget card. 1030 and 1050 were budget. 1060 is a mid-end, like the others xx60 cards from NVIDIA. 1660 is inbetween 1060 and 1070. Moreover it completely satisfies official game requirements needed to play the game comfortably.

The problem of this game is not user hardware, but very bad and old legacy codebase, unability to write bugless code by GGGs developers, a lot of workarounds, placeholders and temporary "fixes" which spoiled their spaghetti code.

You can buy more powerful hardware to "fix" their issues but it doesn't fix the nature of the problem. Similar to eating the pills from the headache instead of curing the actual illness. And this is infinite cycle accepted by community - they prefer to throw another 700-1600$ each two years for the new hardware instead of asking the devs to fix the development paradigm.

That may or may be true, or true in part, or not true at all, but the fact of the matter is OP imposed the question of "what hardware do I need to play", received several helpful answers only to bleat out that he only meant to complain. None of this matters
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

amen
and every time somebody compalains, a horde of fanboys emerges to ´protect´ the game
Last edited by xfiendmate on Jan 13, 2024, 4:02:37 PM
"
xfiendmate wrote:
i turned off the thing and the game runs butter smooth. with ocasional lagg, and stuttering
problem solved thanx

Congratulations !

"
xfiendmate wrote:
hi
i have a i5-4670K overclocked to 4,1 mhz turbo boost
ssd harddrive
nvidia geforce GTX 1660
and 8GB of RAM. (1333hz or something)

what should i upgrade to play this game...
thanx

I have a weaker PC than you* and the game runs fine on high settings (in 1920x1200x60)... except in bench towns, which is kind of ridiculous IMHO, thankfully hideouts and ruthless exist.

*except I have 16 Go of RAM - like someone else said already, do look into at least doubling your RAM, 8 Go is pushing it close to the low-end these days, which is a shame since the rest of your PC isn't.

(Watch out, Home Win 7 is artificially limited to 16 Go of RAM maximum, took me a good day of searching to figure that one out...)
Last edited by BlueTemplar85 on Jan 14, 2024, 8:22:45 AM
i'm running the game on nearly max settings (shadows is left on default) at solid 60FPS at any time
i5 10400
gtx 1660
16GB 3200mhz ram
1920:1040

if you have, or ever had performance issues with a similar build, that's 100% a you problem
can also run ER at medium-high settings, and Total War: Warhammer 3 which is a well known horribly optimized you know what

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info