what PC do i need to play the game

hi
i have a i5-4670K overclocked to 4,1 mhz turbo boost
ssd harddrive
nvidia geforce GTX 1660
and 8GB of RAM. (1333hz or something)

what should i upgrade to play this game...
thanx
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2024, 12:52:42 PM
Everything? Your CPU is from 2013 and is not ready for DX12 yet, so that's a starting point (+ PoE is very heavy on CPU)

Your GPU is also lagging behind quite a bit and is still on GDDR5 when most modern GPUs already use GDDR6

You should look into upgrading both, preferably starting with CPU imo since you will be able to switch from DX11 to Vulcan or DX12 (gotta test which works better for you)

After that you can think about upgrading your DRAM primarily if you want to do anything else besides playing PoE and switch between the two

If you are still struggling with performance you can switch to fullscreen and lower the resolution. That's gonna net you some FPS too
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Dec 14, 2023, 11:25:43 AM
nvm
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Dec 14, 2023, 11:22:45 AM
ive been playing the game on this rig for years...now its unplayable

what changed?
They slowly upgrade to "PoE 2 quality"
who asked for poe 2 quality in poe 1?
More people than you think?

You didn't really want to know what to upgrade it seems, you just wanted to complain about performance on your outdated rig

Bro your GPU is 10 years old it's a testament to PoE's engine that the game runs at all for you lmao.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Dec 14, 2023, 11:55:49 AM
hoho a better cpu and more ram would be a start.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Dec 14, 2023, 11:55:44 AM
"
xfiendmate wrote:
who asked for poe 2 quality in poe 1?

No one. The plan was to change PoE into PoE 2 but they changed their mind after like 4 years into development.
i have the right to complain if the game runs fine two weeks prior to this date.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info