New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Ever since the 3.22 update and i am experiencing insane stuttering, loading times, fps drops and my cpu usage is going crazy all the time even tho i have never experienced this playing poe before
I have i3-10100f and an Amd rx 570 4gb + playing the game on an SSD
I have tried all the troubleshooting solutions provided by GGG but nothing works at all.
I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Already tried all the "solutions" and the only thing that made it less terrible was limiting the maximum processor power state to 99% which stops the overheat, but this ends up limiting a lot of my performance since I'm using an i5 9400f and it changes its frequency from 2.9Ghz to 4.2Ghz depending on the game demand.
I really would appreciate if somehow this patch could be reverted, I've been playing since Metamorph league with the same setup and never had such a poor performance
Are there any news????
I have to drop the game?
What do i do with junk i bough in the last three years????
i play with std. settings on window Modus is laggy FPS spikes seawitches with frostbold terribly

The game is installed form Steamclient on my WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe™-SSD 1TB

a littel-bit better is when disable the window firewall

okay my CPU and DDR ram no on top i upgrade my GFX to a RTX3060 better is nothing

Would be nice if their would at least mention the performance in all these hotfixes that come out... 2 days more an the game has been unplayable for whole month.
Last edited by POPTOP on Aug 25, 2023, 6:48:01 AM
I am losing fps very much(((

rayzen 2700x
rx 5600 xt
16 gb
first ever post ofter many years of playing. i very much enjoy this game but as many people in this thread i have all the same issues. and seems not solveble by the people themselves. and like all people in this thread it would be nice to get any sort of feeback that this the patched that caused the issues will be revoked or at least solved in the ver near future as it looks like people are reporting this for more then a week and i can't find any feedback anywere. currently i am playing through all the issues. portalssometimes take time to load. expedition explosion radius not showing. random tilles missing. bosses not becomming visisable for 5 seconds after getting in to the fight. gpu spontainiousbeing at 100% and pc temperatuers going up. i hope it will be solved soon as it is sucking up the joy of playing.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz
32,0 GB
64-bit operating system
Windows 10 Home
nvidia geforce RTX 3070
I guess it's time to finally uninstall Path of Exile as I don't want to completely break my PC by "Playing" (watching a diashow of) this game.

Path of Exile is one of those games who really need to skip one or two expansions and just focus on optimizing the performance for the longevity of the game. GGG won't obviously do it as they are too proud to agree there are major problems within the game.
Is it possible to just revert the obviously messed up changes until you come up with a solution that allows us to play the game? It seems absurd to lock out a large portion of your players base who had no problems before the latest update, for you to not act on it, or at least revert the changes till you can fix it right.

Before the latest update that cause all of this I could not only run PoE on a live stream, but also with multiple programs (chrome etc.) and youtube videos in the background, a discord up, and 3d avatar, on OBS with still no lag.

Now when I ONLY run PoE and speed test my speeds drop from 200-300Mbps to like 6mbps. All other programs maybe only drop down about 10-20 mbps (to about 280-180 on peak). That's what It used to be with PoE.

Something is clearly wrong here. PoE is trying to move some massive packets around or something? I've never seen this kind of server lag in this game.

Currently, when I log in (if I can even stay logged in) my latency fluctuates between this and about 30Ms non stop up and down like a yo yo

(the image if it's not showing is my latency graph in game at over 10,000ms)

Again this doesn't happen with any other program/game or anything else and didn't happen with PoE until a few days ago. The only thing that's updated on my computer has been PoE.
Last edited by LennyGhoul on Aug 25, 2023, 4:16:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info