New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

I had no issue playing this game before and now I stutter constantly. If I load into a new area its 30 seconds + of 1-5 fps gameplay while it loads the assets.

Sometimes it takes over a minute to load into a new area or go back to town. Never had any issue with this game before and now I am sitting at 100% cpu/gpu usage with the game up. I have multiple monitors and it not only makes the game lag but makes everything else I do super slow (due to 100% cpu usage)

Specs:

Win 10
Intel i7-6700k 4.0ghz
16GB RAM
Nvidia Gefroce GTX 1080
Me too !

Plz GGG, fix this lag!
Just adding my 2 cents, because it's too big of a problem to be pushed to 3.23 and it needs fixes ASAP. Game is literally uplayable with just standard alch & go. With a monster pack on the screen I go down to below 20 fps. Blighted maps less than 10. A lot of texture loading issues where I simply don't see what kills me, because nothing shows on the screen, I just die.

Intel i7-6700
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB ram
Driver version 536.23

Not the most powerful obviously, but I have everything on min and it was never a problem to actually play the game before.

I can't understand how a patch like this is released without proper testing, because it's clear that no one has tested it. Besides, feedback about problems has been visible for weeks and nothing is done about it. Total irresponsibility of people who decided to release this tragic patch...
Last edited by maarcinsq on Aug 23, 2023, 1:16:09 PM
Yep same here. Game is almost impossible to play! So much lag and desync. I can't believe GGG can't fix this? Is it a money problem or is it technically just impossible to fix this game?
I got similar issue as everybody else .. . While I was playing today the game just turn off... and after some error and restart of my laptop I start to lagg much more than before.. I did checking on the files, I checked my video card and so on... Nothing can fix the huge lagg... The game is unplayable... With trading system and everything how they build this game, the most important time to evolved your character is playing the first 2-3 weeks . .. After that you need a lot of playing time to reach good items and levels. . . Cuz not everybody has 24/7 free time to play this game... Hope this problem to be fixed soon... As well I lost few maps cuz the game crashed... Something is really wrong in the last patch.. . First I thought my video card died but I saw many people have same problem ...

I now tryed every "solution" with no luck, my problem is the worst, i don't have fps problems too much, but have lots of freezing and crashes, everytime my map has an event like Betrayal (most common to crash guaranteed), other likes chests when i open causes a crash too, but first before crashing my game freezing the entire pc for 15seconds and after they back to normal they crash the entire game or better speaking the game closes itself without warnings or no popups or messages, simply closes the game a lot more common this happen with Betrayal but chests can cause the same huge problem to me, freezing entire pc is scary and closing the game after 15seconds freezing is annoying, this starts after 3.21.2 and GGG never solved this problem or never aknowledge anything about this, not even a message for us that suffering this fate, i already tryied, reisntalling windows, already tryied update fresh all the drivers and etc, and even tryied to resintall the game 10x time, no luck for me,even tryied 720p low settings, and the problem is the same, every day is going to be worse on my side, and nothing i can do to fix, now my only solution is to unninstall the game for good and say goodbye after waiting almost 1 month without fixes.

i7 7700K 4.2GHz
GTX 1080 ROG STRIX ADVANCED GAMING 8GB
32GB DDR4 RAM
SSD SANSUMG EVO 850 250GB
WIN10 PRO
Soul of a Dragon, reincarnation of a Dragon in a human shell.

Always a Dragon in mind and soul.

Dragons Forever.
Last edited by Dragony100 on Aug 23, 2023, 2:34:04 PM
Bumbing this cause i'm also having my cpu and gpu take up over twice as much as previous leagues, can barely even do blight maps, spikes my cpu and gpu to 100% previously done blight and ravaged blight without any issues.

Opening a deli mirror instantly lags the game, high shader activity and gpu and cpu working more than usually there too.

Normal mapping shaper bar is almost always maxed out struggling to play any content rn.

1070 GTX
7700 intel
16gb ram
ssd
win 10
+1
Same with the extreme loading times for zones.

It seems like there is effectively no cache of shaders being utilized and it's recompiling them each zone entry/game session. This is occurring on any renderer I've tried with effectively matched performance - or lack thereof.

Can we get another update please?
Hi, I've also been having issues with really bad performance, overheating, throttling and all that jazz ever since 3.22 released. For reference sake, I played non-stop last 2 weeks of 3.21 and reached T16 maps with absolutely zero, nada, nill issues on the very same specifications and settings that I was using for 3.22

Specs:

Running on W11
i7-13700H 2.40 GHz
16 GB DDR4@3200MHz
1TBish SSD
Nvidia Geforce RTX 4050 (laptop ver.)

For reference, I'm on an ASUS Vivobook P15 which comes with its own set of quirks (and bull), mainly to do with their on-board bloat/software. This might explain some of the following issues.

For me, even running to Act 3 was a trial of patience and frustration due to my PC going into hybernation from sheer overheating, going up to 95°C at times. After trying to figure out what exactly ASUS means by "performance" and "balanced" mode, I've found a setup that doesn't send my PC into hibernate every 2 minutes.

However, this has lead to my CPU starting to throttle under a certain load. Framerate drops down to singular frames (5 fps), and it becomes practically unplayable for a short while.

I haven't been quite able to get to the bottom of the problem;
so far, I've tried changing the following settings, with their impact listed:

Resolution - very little positive to no impact
V Sync - disabling made a big impact on framerate stability while under low to medium load
Rendering - Vulkan seems to run the best
3x - 2x buffering - no noticeable impact
Capping the framerate (with Vsync off) - positive impact, slowing down the overheating to an extent
Hyper-threading - disabling it had a negative impact (go figure, was worth a try though)

Here's an example of my CPU beginning to throttle, this would always be accompanied by the framerate dipping into single digits.

If anyone has any advice or a fix they found that works (with an i7 in particular, since that seems to be the culprit), I'd be happy to hear you out.

Thanks!
Last edited by Breadconnoisseur on Aug 24, 2023, 7:47:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info