New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

аналогично до обновы все летало теперь игра зависает
онлайна со стима потеряли уже 20к)
"
Milop wrote:
If no one post it yet this is what solved my problem with cpu stuttering: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/?rdt=49733.
Playing with c-states disabled for god knows how long, it was an actual life saver for me back then, but now it's just doesn't seem to help at all. Nothing does. Can't even finish act 2 due to constant stuttering and cpu spikes.
Last edited by Inscaped on Aug 21, 2023, 11:47:50 AM
"
Status2673 wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I'm here to whinge as well:

- 7800X3D + AM5 360-AIO
- 32G 6000MHz DDR5 RAM
- 3000/3000 M.2
- 7 Lian Li Unifans in full Lian XL case with heavily researched and optimised airflow dynamics.

Game ran fine before the patch at 4k max settings. I would dip to around 45 ish FPS in 300% quant, harb, 100% deli, x2 Beyond, Legion, t16 crimson temples with my Chinese new-year MTX build. That was understandable considering the thousands of interactions due to PoE's engine.

Now I dip to 20 fps and the screen gets filled with artifacts and often the game crashes wasting portals. It's effectively a 50% gut to my low-end fps.

It's gotten worse since the patch too. Not better.

I've basically stopped playing. I still read forum every now and then while at work though. Can't just give up on GGG.

Hey check this. Make sure it didn't change in the new patch. Look under game tab, network mode and make sure lockstep is not on. If so change it to predictive. It fixed my issues. Hope it helps you.

This little hint solved all my issues wth lol. Thanks. I was browsing new CPU because of stutters. Butter smooth now like before.
"
Jochebed wrote:
"
Status2673 wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I'm here to whinge as well:

- 7800X3D + AM5 360-AIO
- 32G 6000MHz DDR5 RAM
- 3000/3000 M.2
- 7 Lian Li Unifans in full Lian XL case with heavily researched and optimised airflow dynamics.

Game ran fine before the patch at 4k max settings. I would dip to around 45 ish FPS in 300% quant, harb, 100% deli, x2 Beyond, Legion, t16 crimson temples with my Chinese new-year MTX build. That was understandable considering the thousands of interactions due to PoE's engine.

Now I dip to 20 fps and the screen gets filled with artifacts and often the game crashes wasting portals. It's effectively a 50% gut to my low-end fps.

It's gotten worse since the patch too. Not better.

I've basically stopped playing. I still read forum every now and then while at work though. Can't just give up on GGG.

Hey check this. Make sure it didn't change in the new patch. Look under game tab, network mode and make sure lockstep is not on. If so change it to predictive. It fixed my issues. Hope it helps you.

This little hint solved all my issues wth lol. Thanks. I was browsing new CPU because of stutters. Butter smooth now like before.

Doesn't do anything for me.

Up...
As many stated before me, major issues since the new engine patch and new league on top of that. Was running juiced t16 no problem last league pre patch, now i can barely get through acts leveling... Scaled down everything i got etc. still really bad..
Seen multiple threads about this both forum and reddit, so would want a reply from GGG that this is under investigation of some sort?
IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT. The graphics already good enough despite it's an old game, why introduced a scuffed engine patch that rekt ppl's hardwares?

Just roll it back, who care much about graphics in PoE.
Last edited by darkfuku on Aug 21, 2023, 1:53:41 PM
The game is using like 75-80% cpu standing in town, like wtf?

32gb ram
rtx 4060ti
Anyone else on M1 Mac? It's using up to like 220% CPU lol. The game is still playable but I'm not at maps yet and I know it's gonna be terrible there.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Golden_Ducky wrote:
Ever since the 6gb patch arrives poe been giving me insane stutter and lag, with shader bar on the F1 chart constantly maxing out (which i think thats the reason for the lag)

The engine changes required some shaders to be generated again by your client.
Over time, this will become less of a problem, as the shaders populate again.
This is intended and expected behaviour after a significant engine change has occurred.
We bundled what we could with the initial engine patch, however we can't include every shader for every combination.

Using the Vulkan or DX12 renderer should lessen the impact of shader generation while in combat.

Henry my dude it's been 4 days since league launched and I'm still having 50-5000ms every map, I drop to 20fps in town and Shaders are still loading in every zone, I have to wait like 2min in hideout for the shaders to stop loading an latency goes back to normal.. so you guys plan to solve something or you will start blaming us and our configs as per usual ?
Can fix this issue already? Playing blight after the STUPID update kinda impossible . Lag , died then took over 30sec - 1 minute to re-enter map only to have it failed .

Before the update it was easy to complete ravaged blighted map without dying to lag but now it's stupidity and lag.

WHY I NEED OVER 30 SEC TO RE-ENTER AN ONGOING BLIGHTED MAP ? 100% FAILED
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jenn_GGG on Aug 21, 2023, 8:43:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info