New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Again, not a word from GGG. They truly do not give a flying fuck into a rolling donut about POE1 anymore. Its actually unplayable at the moment for many people.
i wrote the support and well as expected they dodged it by saying " don't contactt support with technical issues" and imma be honest it's super fustrating at this point. what are we supposed to do?
Poe experience in a nutshell

Multithreading on:

Multithreading off:
(1core)

Last edited by Drinex on Aug 20, 2023, 9:09:07 AM
they make changes to the engine that arent needed

but wont make changes to the meta which has BEEN needed.

hmm.
"
Drinex wrote:
Poe experience in a nutshell

Multithreading on:

Multithreading off:
(1core)

well im sorry but this actually supports their case. now you only need one core.
GGG please fix this, its absolutely insane that it takes 30-40 seconds to load into the rogue harbor between contracts. I literally spend more time loading than actually running the contracts at this point. Between that and the CONSTANT microstutter and lag, the game is unplayable. Day 2 of the league and I am quitting because the game is in such a bad state. Give me the option to go to my private rogue harbor so I am not spending 30-40 seconds loading up MTX so I can just pop another contract and leave. Please. I am practically begging for some qol.
I just upgraded my gaming pc. I was on a 14 year old 8 core amd, 16g ram and I don't even remember the gpu. It was set to lowest setting and could play anything ei: walking simulators and such. Yes there was the occasional lag but I played for a several years this way.
Insert new pc. Ryzen 9 7900x 12 core 4.70 ghz, 32 gb ddr5, ssd hd,rtx 4060ti gpu. The game is not playable. The random latency spikes cause a stutter that is unbearable.
Followed all the tips to correct. Firewall? gone. Flush dns yada yada? Done. Update all drivers. Done. Settings as low as they go? done. Not sure what else to do. I love POE but I also play several other games that can take Max/Ultra on everything just fine no issues.
I've spent hundreds on crap for this game. Probably more than any other game. I'm just very disappointed and I just wanted to vent.

What host should I put in WinMTR to test? Thanks.
"
Status2673 wrote:
I just upgraded my gaming pc. I was on a 14 year old 8 core amd, 16g ram and I don't even remember the gpu. It was set to lowest setting and could play anything ei: walking simulators and such. Yes there was the occasional lag but I played for a several years this way.
Insert new pc. Ryzen 9 7900x 12 core 4.70 ghz, 32 gb ddr5, ssd hd,rtx 4060ti gpu. The game is not playable. The random latency spikes cause a stutter that is unbearable.
Followed all the tips to correct. Firewall? gone. Flush dns yada yada? Done. Update all drivers. Done. Settings as low as they go? done. Not sure what else to do. I love POE but I also play several other games that can take Max/Ultra on everything just fine no issues.
I've spent hundreds on crap for this game. Probably more than any other game. I'm just very disappointed and I just wanted to vent.

What host should I put in WinMTR to test? Thanks.

hmmm maybe the new patch was optimized on the new 6000 series Nvidia chip sets... you know the AI shit they released like few weeks ago... maybe 4 of those? anyone sporting that type of rig here?
"
AintCare wrote:
hmmm maybe the new patch was optimized on the new 6000 series Nvidia chip sets... you know the AI shit they released like few weeks ago... maybe 4 of those? anyone sporting that type of rig here?

Only if the AI could rewrite the awful engine code to something usable on the fly.
Getting pretty insanely long loading times in this League / 3.22. It wasn't like this previous League or when I last played the game early June.

Additionally the MTX effect spam in Hubs is just ridiculous. There should be an option to hide MTX from other characters but that's obviously not going to happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info