New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Couldn't reasonably play this league due to the performance issues, hoping next league will be playable for me.
"
POPTOP wrote:
Hows performance looking a few months later?

I started playing recently, and I'm getting disconnects and severe lag when loading an area. Sometimes the loading screens last several minutes, and then I get booted to the main menu. I'm running PoE with lowest graphical settings, without any third-party antivirus (besides Windows Defender), and my Minimap folder has only a handful of files, so I'm out of known workarounds since buying an SSD is currently not an option for me. I'm located in EU, fastest server is Frankfurt with ~30ms ping. Any ideas, devs?
Last edited by Bashlakh on Aug 23, 2024, 1:33:41 PM
"
Bashlakh wrote:
"
POPTOP wrote:
Hows performance looking a few months later?

I started playing recently, and I'm getting disconnects and severe lag when loading an area. Sometimes the loading screens last several minutes, and then I get booted to the main menu. I'm running PoE with lowest graphical settings, without any third-party antivirus (besides Windows Defender), and my Minimap folder has only a handful of files, so I'm out of known workarounds since buying an SSD is currently not an option for me. I'm located in EU, fastest server is Frankfurt with ~30ms ping. Any ideas, devs?

Damn thats not good, had hoped the issue would be adressed finally. Old pc finally died on me, but honestly, I dont wanna risk running the game on my new one given its performance history of this issue.
"
POPTOP wrote:

Damn thats not good, had hoped the issue would be adressed finally. Old pc finally died on me, but honestly, I dont wanna risk running the game on my new one given its performance history of this issue.

I found a workaround that somewhat lessens the lag. I am using an Intel Core i5 with 8GB of RAM and GeForce GTX 650 with 2GB VRAM, and switching to DX12 mode, together with the other mentioned workarounds, noticeably improves performance over the other options (DX11 and Vulkan), though it still isn't ideal.
"
Bashlakh wrote:
"
POPTOP wrote:

I found a workaround that somewhat lessens the lag. I am using an Intel Core i5 with 8GB of RAM and GeForce GTX 650 with 2GB VRAM, and switching to DX12 mode, together with the other mentioned workarounds, noticeably improves performance over the other options (DX11 and Vulkan), though it still isn't ideal.

Yea, with those specs I can imagine your situtation not being great, and unfortunately its likely to get worse the longer this isse remains unresolved.

At this point it cant even be recommended to upgrade to stronger hardware, given just how many different systems have been hit by this, as evident from this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info