New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

Same here
i5 4460
gtx 1060

Both 100% loaded, yet i have not a game, but a slide show.
Cyberpunk 2077 runs better BY A MILE!

Please return okd engine/graphic, i cant play
can not play. after that patch 3.21.2 low fps, pretty long town location loading as heist camp.
before it was 5-10sec.
I was having the same issues as everyone and what I did to make things feel better was fully reinstall and reset the game. I uninstalled, deleted everything from my games/poe folder. Went into %appdata% and deleted anything relating to poe from local/locallow/roaming. Did a fresh install from steam. After the fresh install I DID NOT disable fullscreen optimisations and the game is running like it did before. I hope this helps some people.

EDIT: It was running smooth and no issues for an hour or so. The longer I played the more of it came back and now it's just a stutter fest again and basically unplayable.
Last edited by moon_nmh on Aug 20, 2023, 11:39:53 PM
Trying this now. Hope it does it for me. Say a prayer haha.

Update. It actually got worse after uninstalling and removing everything and starting with a fresh install. Latency jumps from 55 to 500-600 for a couple seconds then goes back. Now every time I inter the tidal flats it spikes over 10k and crashes the game.
I was curious so I started the game up on my old pc. The latency was not moving more then 10-20ish. I copied the setting over to new pc.

One thing I overlooked was in settings under game tab. the network mode on the new pc was lockstep and the older pc predictive.
I changed the new pc to predictive and no more latency spikes thus far.

Check this if you haven't it might help. I hope it does at least.
Last edited by Status2673 on Aug 20, 2023, 9:12:32 PM
Just did a complete uninstall and fresh install. Did not fix anything.
I'm here to whinge as well:

- 7800X3D + AM5 360-AIO
- 32G 6000MHz DDR5 RAM
- 3000/3000 M.2
- 7 Lian Li Unifans in full Lian XL case with heavily researched and optimised airflow dynamics.

Game ran fine before the patch at 4k max settings. I would dip to around 45 ish FPS in 300% quant, harb, 100% deli, x2 Beyond, Legion, t16 crimson temples with my Chinese new-year MTX build. That was understandable considering the thousands of interactions due to PoE's engine.

Now I dip to 20 fps and the screen gets filled with artifacts and often the game crashes wasting portals. It's effectively a 50% gut to my low-end fps.

It's gotten worse since the patch too. Not better.

I've basically stopped playing. I still read forum every now and then while at work though. Can't just give up on GGG.
I'm struggling to come up with new goals to keep me playing this game.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I'm here to whinge as well:

- 7800X3D + AM5 360-AIO
- 32G 6000MHz DDR5 RAM
- 3000/3000 M.2
- 7 Lian Li Unifans in full Lian XL case with heavily researched and optimised airflow dynamics.

Game ran fine before the patch at 4k max settings. I would dip to around 45 ish FPS in 300% quant, harb, 100% deli, x2 Beyond, Legion, t16 crimson temples with my Chinese new-year MTX build. That was understandable considering the thousands of interactions due to PoE's engine.

Now I dip to 20 fps and the screen gets filled with artifacts and often the game crashes wasting portals. It's effectively a 50% gut to my low-end fps.

It's gotten worse since the patch too. Not better.

I've basically stopped playing. I still read forum every now and then while at work though. Can't just give up on GGG.

Hey check this. Make sure it didn't change in the new patch. Look under game tab, network mode and make sure lockstep is not on. If so change it to predictive. It fixed my issues. Hope it helps you.
I'm not saying this will work for you but it worked for me. I reinstalled Windows and used DX12.. Magic occured and I can play it except for the microstutters that occur often.
Doing stuff my rx 5700 xt goes to 88 - 98°C, Blight goes insane
(after every setting thrown on low)

My fans rarely even came online before the engine update o_O o_O o_O
(while playing on high)

RX 5700 xt
32 GB RAM
3x SSD Kingstone
Ryzen 5 3600x 6-core 3.8GHZ
Win 10 64x
If no one post it yet this is what solved my problem with cpu stuttering: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/?rdt=49733.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info