New Engine Patches uses twice as much CPU/GPU yet causes insane micro stutter and lag

#ROLLBACK
rollback
rollback
Rollback is needed.

Optimization is still embarrassingly bad despite the updates. Since the new "Particle System" patch 3-4 weeks PoE on low-mid settings at 80FPS spikes my CPU cores to higher temperatures loading into my Hideout or a Map for example(75-85C roughly) than Apex Legends at 165HZ(Cores rarely go above 65-70C) and BF2042 at 165FPS. I locked my FPS to 80FPS for the time being. Temperature spikes of such extreme magnitude didn't exist before the "Particle System" update. From the best of my memory my CPU cores rarely reached 70C before the "Particle System" update.

Feels good using a i7-13700kf, 4070, 32GB DDR5 RAM, 240MM AiO LC, SSD to run a 10 year old game at pathetic performance levels. I've seen far too many posts of people with i9-13900k/4090/32-64GB of DDR5 experiencing the same thing. Clearly they just need to upgrade to better specs haha.

I can confidently say the current PoE performance is the either the worst or close to the worst optimization I've ever seen in any game I've played. GGG is highly raved about, the performance issues since the "Particle System" update have left a sour taste in my mouth though. It's laughable how poor the optimization is. Many players can't even play yet they refuse to revert, very impressive lol.
Last edited by CaptnX on Aug 19, 2023, 9:42:01 AM
rollback
#ROLLBACK
rollback
"
banxKING wrote:
Man how can they launch an update that completely obliterates game performance and say nothing for almost 1 month wtf? Is GGG taking lessons from Blizzard?

They did that to the Mac version 16 months ago with 3.17.4. The game literally went from about the same performance it had up to 3.9.0 on Windows with my old i5-3570K / R9 270X (the graphics card died before 3.10.0) on a Mac mini M1 with Rosetta emulation during Scourge and Archnemesis league to being unplayable in one patch.

Unless I use Dynamic Resolution and lower the factor until I'm basically playing a pixel art game that is entirely CPU bound. Maybe that's the goal, improve the shaders until we are playing Risk of Rain.

Of course, I didn't buy the Mac for the game and I don't expect it to run well with Rosetta on M1, it ran better than I thought it would. But the massive performance drop (and other problems Mac users reported) without even the slightest fix in well over a year is still noteworthy.
cus of these changes my pc is getting restarted after ~1 hour of playing, while Im having some fps drops during the gameplay, wth happened ggg ?
The game constantly recompile the shaders. No matter if I have already been to a zone/town/map even my own hideout. Every time I leave a map my hideout stutters and the green shader is lit up at the performance overlay (f1).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info