Alteration Orb Farmers Unite! : Join Alteration Orb Union Local # 7 Today!

"
Zelpo wrote:
I understand the OPs position, but after working & holding jobs for the past 20+ years, free market baby all the way. If you work in fast food, aspire for something better & improve your situation. It's not okay to force your way into $20/hr wages flipping burgers, at the expense of your fellow citizens. On the other hand, minimum wage is there for a reason so that the most poor & disadvantaged (or, read: lazy) don't get totally taken.

Relating this to PoE, if someone wants to sell at 20:1, and they know they are getting taken, what they are doing is paying a fee for convenience. But, there are certainly those (new players) who do not quite yet understand the economy & are unfamiliar with prices & ratios. We all were when we first started playing. It's a learning experience. Life is the same way.

I vote for freedom. The system is good the way it is. You can't force the lazy to get productive, or the dumb to get smart. The system rewards those that think & take the time & put in the effort.

This guy knows whats up
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
I try and argue this in trade chat and I get flamed, and reported. A staff member even contacted me. Apparently if you get reported the staff member is going to defend the person who reports you, what a fun non-biased experience that was. At least I wasn't muted.

I tried to post on reddit about this and I got crazy amount of downvotes and insulting comments, to the point that I deleted my thread; thank god it was a self post so I lost no sweet karma. :D

I don't think anything will change.

The PoE subreddit is trash. Most of the people on there are just downvote happy trolls. The rest are just plain stupid. Like drool on your feet when tying your shoes stupid.

Do yourself a favor, never go back there.
IGN: Deacon_Fel
HAHAHAHAHAH holy SHIT I love this thread! After reading all the mind-numbingly stupid threads and responses to those threads that are filling up these forums, this thread is like a huge breath of fresh air.

What comes to mind immediately is something that happened to me a few weeks ago while partying with a friend of mine. I was picking up most of the blue items that dropped, and making a lot of trips to town to sell them. Being the considerate friend I am, I kept leaving a lot of them for him to pick up. When he didn't touch a single one, I asked him if he ever sold blue items for alteration shards.

His response was "I don't think that is a very good use of my time."

LOL

Also reminds me of the time, about 3 weeks after open beta started, when I posted in trade chat WTB - Scrolls of Wisdom and Portal Scrolls Of course, almost immediately I had a couple sellers message me. I bought some scrolls from both of them, and the second person actually asked me "So.. why do you need so many scrolls anyway??" I had to actually explain to the guy why someone would want wisdom and portal scrolls.

Well I, for one, will continue to pick up most of the blues I find (especially the 2x2 items or smaller for efficiency) and sell them for those precious alteration shards. Some of them will be used to re-roll flasks until I get the mods I want, but the rest of them I will start selling at the 16:1 alt:chaos ratio thanks to this thread!

Alteration orb farmers unite!!!
Im in, Sign me up too :)
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Alts are 16:1 Chaos. You got that tough guy?"
"
Zelpo wrote:
... after working & holding jobs for the past 20+ years, free market baby all the way...

I understand free markets, but they can not be The Boss. Obviously entire legions of conservative economists have felt this way for decades; but of course they had to eat crow after the 2008 crash and the subsequent bank bailout.

I have finished my degree already, but I am very tempted to take a macro-economics course at a known conservative university just to see how things are taught now. To have the government itself bail out the absolute epicenter of the biggest free market paradise in the world is beyond words. It would be like Fox News asking the Democratic Party for a donation during an election to help pay their overhead costs.

Most people do not know the trials and tribulations Unions faced while they were in their infancy. People got killed, many literally had baseball bats taken to their knees. Too many workers outside the factory gathering and talking may very well be met with a stick to the head later that night when they were walking home after having a couple of cold ones with the fellas after work.

The buyers of Alts would love it if it moved to 50:1 Chaos of course... hell...make it 100:1, there is no end to feeding the flame. How do you think we got the five day work week with a Saturday and Sunday off? Research it. You think the factories and the mines did it out of the kindness of their heart? "You boys worked hard, here, take a break." absolutely not.

You join a Union specifically because their is safety in numbers, and yes, the buyers will have no problem getting nasty about it. But Unionization is to be fair as well and that is reflected in the 16:1. 16:1 was fine for everyone for a good long while, and buyers were fine with it then.

For those players who have a real problem with 16:1, try this, make yourself 4 stacks of 16 and see how long it takes you, and you CAN NOT start this with a supply of wisdom scrolls already in your stash, because we don't. Having Wisdom Scrolls on hand is like a carpenter having wood to work with, you don't just have a free Home Depot in your back yard.

If you buy your Wisdoms on the market then it is going to cut into your profit. 4 stacks of 16 from scratch will bore you to tears and take a lot longer than you thought. At 20:1 we just lost 1 Chaos over the course of 4 stacks... forget about it.
Equal parts Cocteau Twins & Gang Starr
Last edited by PlNK on Mar 29, 2013, 1:33:04 AM
Chaos

Rate is 100 orb of alts : 1

please learn
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
tobes111 wrote:
Chaos

please learn

Equal parts Cocteau Twins & Gang Starr
"
PlNK wrote:
"
tobes111 wrote:
Chaos

please learn

Dont cry because you can't afford chaos.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Been standing my ground on 16:1 in trade and still getting sales. lets keep this going crew.
"Alts are 16:1 Chaos. You got that tough guy?"
"
Deelicious wrote:
Been standing my ground on 16:1 in trade and still getting sales. lets keep this going crew.

NO

I can't buy 100 orb of alts now for 1 chaos.

Suxs

Been spamming in game for 30 minutes. No sales.

Maybe I try 25 orb of alts 1 chaos. Anyone can sell me orb of alts 25:1 pm me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info