Season One, Race Event 2: One Hour Solo

Since I see people voicing their opinions on it, I'm glad that currency is not a prize.

/2cents
IGN: DavidJerk
"
I'd honestly rather have currency like in Closed Beta...I've seen a lot of people mention trading and how the weapons will be considered extra unique due to the cosmetic difference, but I don't see much of a point in a different looking item...still the same item in the end. I mean, its a neat idea yeah, but I personally find it remotely fascinating and wouldn't pay for it when I can pay less for the same thing. But anyways, back to currency items, I have a few rares that I don't particularly like since the stats are not so beneficial to me...I could stack chaos orbs and re create 1 rare and get it to what I needed. Same with Alchemy Orbs. And Transmutation. And Augmentation. And basically every other orb that you could win in CB leagues. They all had value since you could go to the vendor and just buy X amount of A and use that amount of A to buy a B orb, and so on. Like 4 Transmutation -> 1 Augmentation, 4 Augmentation -> 1 Alteration and so forth (I don't think thats the real conversion but you get the point).

In short, I find the old system more rewarding...if you like something unique and flashy though, I think this system is for you (not saying that this is bad, its cool and everything just not for me, everyone has their own personal preference!), but I would rather be able to alter my equipment as I wish than be rewarded with a unique looking unique (something more collectable IMO).

Suggestion: How about having both leagues? The one thing I could imagine that would pose an issue is server load, and having too many people on at once. If it can work, then everyone can be happy. Don't get me wrong, the new system is cool, just not appealing enough for me to do a league race. The goal is to get the community more involved with the game, for those who would like to get more involved, and allow opportunities for newcomers to get involved. Example: A newcomer could benefit better from a currency reward system to get a strong foundation for altering their gear, or trading for what they need, but a seasoned player may like to have something truly unique. Same concepts apply in real life. I'm an average American, and I want a gun, something cheap and quick to get, like a 12 gauge pump action from Mossberg, nothing too fancy and runs about $300-500, but if I'm a collector I may want a gun from WW1 which is hard to find, expensive, but collectable and wouldn't be used all that much, but at least you have it.

They aren't doing currency rewards because of the amount of people and the amount of races they have would greatly devalue currency.
"
ampdecay wrote:
30 minutes before the race starts you can create a character in that league just select the race league from the list, should be under default and hardcore.

The race league? That doesn't look like it exists. Not in my list at least.
"
Lekwid wrote:
"
ampdecay wrote:
30 minutes before the race starts you can create a character in that league just select the race league from the list, should be under default and hardcore.

I'm having the same problem it says the race started but I don't have the league in my list when making a new character.
ya same like wtf
wow
Think the site is just bugged for some people. In Kripps chat on twitch.tv people are saying that it doesn't start for more 2hrs.
"
2High2Care wrote:
"
Lekwid wrote:
"
ampdecay wrote:

I'm having the same problem it says the race started but I don't have the league in my list when making a new character.

You can only make a character for race leagues 30 minutes (or less) before the race begins. The race is scheduled to start in roughly 2 hours and 40 minutes from now.
"
2High2Care wrote:
Think the site is just bugged for some people. In Kripps chat on twitch.tv people are saying that it doesn't start for more 2hrs.

Thats because it doesnt start for another 2hrs 36min and 30sec
The race starts in 2.5 hours, if you are seeing the time wrong, perhaps in your options (on this website) you are set to the wrong time zone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info