Season One, Race Event 2: One Hour Solo

I got paralyzed by the "End of League" Message but could still be attacked. I got killed Unnable to move.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP
You can also check this stream for the VOD tomorrow http://www.twitch.tv/nl_Kripp He finished 21st but 1st templar (worst for short races with LS fix). People want to rip on kripp but every race he did in CB he finished top5. He knows what he is doing. You may not like him, alot dont. But you wanted helpfull info and imo he is one of the better streamers for that. Also Nugi as someone else said if you want to see a good build to use on a more powerfull short duration race class.
"
Chris wrote:

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

Why can't these be by class also? First person of each class to do these first gets the rewards.

It's impossible for anyone to beat a Poison Arrow build to these, or at the very least, super unlikely and ultra difficult.

"
baelr0g wrote:
I got paralyzed by the "End of League" Message but could still be attacked. I got killed Unnable to move.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

Yes they should but you should also log out immediately after it ends until then. Did you just watch your character die? Just curious as to why you didn't do that, not trying to be sarcastic.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Feb 23, 2013, 1:19:34 AM
"
TemetNosce wrote:
"
ghaleon686 wrote:
Ah. Reading comprehension would be helpful for me I suppose. Sorry. Did anyone happen to stream thier race from 1-finish? I apparently was doing something horribly wrong to not even merit getting a single point.

I know that the winner of the first race is a streamer (named Nugiyen), but I don't watch streams really myself due to hearing impairment. That said, if you want some advice, skip Hailrake (and really any side quest that requires deviation from advancing), and only kill enemies that are grouped for quick disposal. That said, I'm not especially great at this, I only reached 15.
]
Happen to have a link to Nugiyen's stream?
IGN: I_Say_Fry.
Shop thread
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1605193
"
baelr0g wrote:

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP

Happened in one of the last races before CB ended. All mobs will finish their last action that they were trying to do (attacking, generally) after the league is over.

You should close client when the league is about 5 seconds from ending.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
ghaleon686 wrote:
"
TemetNosce wrote:
"
ghaleon686 wrote:
Ah. Reading comprehension would be helpful for me I suppose. Sorry. Did anyone happen to stream thier race from 1-finish? I apparently was doing something horribly wrong to not even merit getting a single point.

I know that the winner of the first race is a streamer (named Nugiyen), but I don't watch streams really myself due to hearing impairment. That said, if you want some advice, skip Hailrake (and really any side quest that requires deviation from advancing), and only kill enemies that are grouped for quick disposal. That said, I'm not especially great at this, I only reached 15.

Happen to have a link to Nugiyen's stream?

Just google his name, it's Twitch.tv.

Anyway, I'm not sure "skip hailrake" is a solid tip for everyone. Many people do well with the Quicksilver Flask. There might be some class/builds that want to skip it for whatever reasons. I suggest doing a few practice runs with a stopwatch and test it out both ways.

If we're talking about 4+ Hour races, I would say definitely do Hailrake for the Quicksilver at that point, no doubt. I hear some people come back to do him after they get the Ledge waypoint so he's less dangerous.

Skipping everything else that is a side quest is usually good though.

Some other general tips and tricks...

• Run straight to Hillock without killing anything (grab chests though).
  • Open every chest you see (be reasonable, don't take really long ways around somewhere just to get a chest).
  • Buy a Coral Ring as soon as you get into town with your first 3 Wisdom Scrolls (if your vendor doesn't have one check the armor vendor for movement speed boots).
  • Many people skip mobs in the next zone as well (Terraces) but I think it's worth stopping to kill all of the rounded up bandits after you get TONS of them on you (I stop when I see like 10-15 following me). Skip zombies, they group up too slowly, skip scorpions, they run away (use your judgement of course still).
  • Another reason to get some kills in Terraces is to get some loot to sell for Wisdoms. Try to pick up anything "Superior" so you get Armourer's Scraps/Blacksmith's Whetstones (selling Superior Armors that add up to 40% or Superior Weapons that all add up to 40% to vendor). They will allow you to get Wisdoms from vendors if you sell them and buy a new weapon/belt/other armor. You can also sell the Whetstones directly for a new weapon if you're doing melee attacks, like a new 2H for Groundslam. Overall you're trying to get out of here as quickly as possible, so only kill large groups as they form behind you (or if you see a group standing in your path)
  • Check the vendor for Movement Speed boots for sale after you level and are near a waypoint. Use judgement, don't go back to town if you know you'll be going back for some other reason in another minute. (leveling changes the vendor stock I believe).
  • Grab the 3 Glyphs in Mud Flats as quickly as possible. Try to only kill the groups surrounding each of the Rhoa Nests. Try to learn the basic layout of the Mudflats. Although the map does change a little each time (and the entrance to the Submerged Cavern changes) the general location of the nests and the cavern are the same. The caver is usually on the eastern side, sometimes north or sometimes south more. The nests are generally in a pattern that form a triangle.
  • Don't wear a chest piece or a shield until later on when things get dangerous. Usually, this means when fighting Brutus and then while farming in Western Forest. If you're undergeared in your other slots and find a chest with really good life/resistances, you may want to wear it earlier, like in the Prison zones. This is especially viable if you have movement speed boots or Quicksilver Flask. In general though, try not to wear chest/sheild (they slow you down by varying amounts depending on the chest type / shield type, in case you weren't aware).
  • If you have to get back to town and don't have any portal scrolls you can log out and then log back in and you will be in town. There's very few places you would actually do this, I believe people do it after Hailrake if they don't have a scroll to turn in for the Quicksilver Flask, not sure if it's viable anywhere else (because you have to run back). Many top players do this and it saves tons of time. You can also do this after you create a character to have the character stand up instead of laying down for when the event starts.

• |____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
    < My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
    ||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Feb 23, 2013, 11:35:46 AM
    edit: nvm
    Last edited by sluz on Feb 23, 2013, 8:32:13 AM
    Hello all, I don't seem to have recieved any points for this race yesterday, made it to level 12 before dying. I looked at the exact xp I had when the event was over and I can not seem to see my char or account on the results list for some reason.

"
    Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:

That's your problem Roadblock. Better luck next time
    This is my Request to consolidate League Event comments/suggestions/advice into a single thread, rather than having those comments spread over various event titles.
    There are many good global comments in this thread that are helpful to newcomers, seasoned players, and developers alike.
    However it would be nice to have a single thread dedicated to event comments/suggestions/advice.
    As an example, there were several excellent comments in this particular thread from the community regarding what was good and bad about the current general event structure - but that is not unique to this particular event.
    There was also sage advice on how to succeed at events such as this - but again these comments were not unique to this specific event.
    Could the mods please create a single discussion thread to consolidate global event suggestions and advice?
    Ideas that include comments on: how to encourage more participation (many many comments on that issue), how to structure rewards during the event itself, long term/season rewards, recommendations on strategy for short versus long races, and suggestions for character builds for events - these ideas should be consolidated into a single thread (in my opinion).
    Maybe I missed that thread or, if I have the power to create such a thread and am perceived as being lazy (rather than ignorant), I would like to correct that perception and apologize for my oversight.
    Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info