Season One, Race Event 2: One Hour Solo

My time zone was right to start with and it doesn't matter what I set it to still bugged.
To all the people having trouble seeing the correct time left until start. Make sure the clock on your system (Windows or what ever) is set correctly to the same as the time zone you have on the site. I tried changing my system clock 1 hour and the "starts in" message changes instantly, don't even have to reload the page.

No idea why they actually pull system clock information for the countdown instead of just using their own servers to find a base and then use the system clock to tick down from there though.
I can't even select the race league...
"
crazypyro wrote:
"
I'd honestly rather have currency like in Closed Beta...I've seen a lot of people mention trading and how the weapons will be considered extra unique due to the cosmetic difference, but I don't see much of a point in a different looking item...still the same item in the end. I mean, its a neat idea yeah, but I personally find it remotely fascinating and wouldn't pay for it when I can pay less for the same thing. But anyways, back to currency items, I have a few rares that I don't particularly like since the stats are not so beneficial to me...I could stack chaos orbs and re create 1 rare and get it to what I needed. Same with Alchemy Orbs. And Transmutation. And Augmentation. And basically every other orb that you could win in CB leagues. They all had value since you could go to the vendor and just buy X amount of A and use that amount of A to buy a B orb, and so on. Like 4 Transmutation -> 1 Augmentation, 4 Augmentation -> 1 Alteration and so forth (I don't think thats the real conversion but you get the point).

In short, I find the old system more rewarding...if you like something unique and flashy though, I think this system is for you (not saying that this is bad, its cool and everything just not for me, everyone has their own personal preference!), but I would rather be able to alter my equipment as I wish than be rewarded with a unique looking unique (something more collectable IMO).

Suggestion: How about having both leagues? The one thing I could imagine that would pose an issue is server load, and having too many people on at once. If it can work, then everyone can be happy. Don't get me wrong, the new system is cool, just not appealing enough for me to do a league race. The goal is to get the community more involved with the game, for those who would like to get more involved, and allow opportunities for newcomers to get involved. Example: A newcomer could benefit better from a currency reward system to get a strong foundation for altering their gear, or trading for what they need, but a seasoned player may like to have something truly unique. Same concepts apply in real life. I'm an average American, and I want a gun, something cheap and quick to get, like a 12 gauge pump action from Mossberg, nothing too fancy and runs about $300-500, but if I'm a collector I may want a gun from WW1 which is hard to find, expensive, but collectable and wouldn't be used all that much, but at least you have it.

They aren't doing currency rewards because of the amount of people and the amount of races they have would greatly devalue currency.

That's very true, but trading isn't their only use. I guess that's where maps come in.

Edit: This is particularly where I lost appeal in playing this game. It's very fun, but when CB leagues were in I was able to adjust my gear to the stats I wanted (so long as I had enough chaos orbs and stuff) and now I can't do that as much; I have to browse the forums to find gear that I need, and nowadays I spend more time on the forums searching for deals when I could be playing the races and getting currencies. Sure I could just find them on my own, which is what I do right now, I farm for a while and find decent/bad rares, nothing too OMG over, and just sell them to the vendor and get lucky finding a chaos or an alchemy every now and then. However this just becomes a drag after a while and loses my appeal (that's just me though, I have a shorter attention span than average so doing the same thing over and over again gets quite boring).

So yes, more currency through races would deflate their value, however there is enough of a sink to where it would not be too much of a deflation, or so we would imagine.
Last edited by TribalSouljah1 on Feb 22, 2013, 8:14:16 PM
Wow I am a dumbass,my system clock was Pacific,when I live in central and my POE clock was set to CST.
2 Hours left... never thought I would be exited about a race :p
IGN: LeelianTwo
Can't wait! I died at level 10 in the first race :(
Why does the countdown timer pull from the system clock at all?

It should just countdown based on server time; it's not like the amount of time until the race is different because people live in different time zones. 2 minutes from now is 2 minutes from now no matter where you are in the world.
"
discrider wrote:
Why does the countdown timer pull from the system clock at all?

It should just countdown based on server time; it's not like the amount of time until the race is different because people live in different time zones. 2 minutes from now is 2 minutes from now no matter where you are in the world.

Because it's easier to know what times games start in your local time when you look at calendar.

And it's really simple.

Go to your profile settings and change ur timezone from there and now you see time always in your own country time.

As for race I'm going to die 100%. It will start 5am in my country. I'm tired as dead. I managed to get lvl 13 in event1. If goes well I might get lvl 14.
Last edited by Goredeath on Feb 22, 2013, 8:19:47 PM
This time I won't die :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info