Season One, Race Event 2: One Hour Solo

I'm excited, this will be my first race event :) No 1 was too early for me, lol.

Best of luck to everyone, may we all get some RP!
Pelerin of Wraeclast
So it's come to my attention that it's impossible for me to compete in these races due to desync issues. Whether it's my connection or their servers, it can happen once every hour, or once every 5 minutes.

If anyone knows any ways to resolve this issue temporarily, it would be great. I would really like to compete in the S1 races, but every practice run has ended with me either dying to a rhoa, brutus, or merveil from desyncing.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
hmm 11th earlier time for round 2 lol
Looking forward to getting in on this Race, not that ill be to shit hot at it though. Was interested in doing the 1st, but seeing as im in NZ, and it was morning when it was run, there was no way i was going to wake up for it seeing as i only went to sleep at 4am after having a night of PoE
I'd honestly rather have currency like in Closed Beta...I've seen a lot of people mention trading and how the weapons will be considered extra unique due to the cosmetic difference, but I don't see much of a point in a different looking item...still the same item in the end. I mean, its a neat idea yeah, but I personally find it remotely fascinating and wouldn't pay for it when I can pay less for the same thing. But anyways, back to currency items, I have a few rares that I don't particularly like since the stats are not so beneficial to me...I could stack chaos orbs and re create 1 rare and get it to what I needed. Same with Alchemy Orbs. And Transmutation. And Augmentation. And basically every other orb that you could win in CB leagues. They all had value since you could go to the vendor and just buy X amount of A and use that amount of A to buy a B orb, and so on. Like 4 Transmutation -> 1 Augmentation, 4 Augmentation -> 1 Alteration and so forth (I don't think thats the real conversion but you get the point).

In short, I find the old system more rewarding...if you like something unique and flashy though, I think this system is for you (not saying that this is bad, its cool and everything just not for me, everyone has their own personal preference!), but I would rather be able to alter my equipment as I wish than be rewarded with a unique looking unique (something more collectable IMO).

Suggestion: How about having both leagues? The one thing I could imagine that would pose an issue is server load, and having too many people on at once. If it can work, then everyone can be happy. Don't get me wrong, the new system is cool, just not appealing enough for me to do a league race. The goal is to get the community more involved with the game, for those who would like to get more involved, and allow opportunities for newcomers to get involved. Example: A newcomer could benefit better from a currency reward system to get a strong foundation for altering their gear, or trading for what they need, but a seasoned player may like to have something truly unique. Same concepts apply in real life. I'm an average American, and I want a gun, something cheap and quick to get, like a 12 gauge pump action from Mossberg, nothing too fancy and runs about $300-500, but if I'm a collector I may want a gun from WW1 which is hard to find, expensive, but collectable and wouldn't be used all that much, but at least you have it.
I would like the idea of currency over items like the above poster mentioned. Im new to PoE, and its something i struggle with more then finding items i can use/want to use.
been doing practice runs, have yet to not die in cavern of wrath
S L O W E R
Sigh cant seem to join this race either anyone know why couldnt do the 9am one either when i went to create a character 30 mins before there was no race league.
how do i sign up for this ?

30 minutes before the race starts you can create a character in that league just select the race league from the list, should be under default and hardcore.

S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info