GGG alters drop rates to improve the economy

"
zoocubes wrote:
i did read it i just find it very weird ive played for maybe close to 8months in beta, maybe its just the nemisis league but for sure you can see a diffrence in drops either that or the old incinerate loot bug is back :(

You do know that the launch of 1.0.0 and the introduction of the new leagues changed some stuff in relation to IIQ/IIR right? and they did something with diminishing returns.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 7, 2013, 7:49:30 AM
Playing around with drop chances of single accounts is against the logic of the core aspects of a game. It's against fairness.

I highly doubt that they have ever changed the rates except for accounts they really identified as botters. Streamers just find more stuff bec they tend to play all day...they are in effect like a a human bot ;)
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
This is the result when suspected botters receive no currency at all(instead of being reduced to the 6 small ones) and a dev states it is a countermeasure.
Sure most botters are dumb people who have zero clue how to emulate player behavior but why not ban them right away?
Blizzard banned AH Bots right away and didn't do something like "Oh sorry pal the item you were looking for got sniped", if it didn't get sold.
Possible it was implemented after I joked "Sent botters to blamt instances" after being unsatisfied with Blamt races.

This also happens if drop rates are so bad that botting becomes attractive to players and the game has no risk reward. I preach since CB that the droprates are too bad.

Confirming such a thing opens the door for reasonable suspicion that there is more than an "ON/OFF" trigger.
What if there is a P2W system behind it? Somebody with more MTI finds better items and more currency than somebody without?

Could the hundreds of uniques from 1 mob incident be an issue that dev increased droprates interacting with Quantity and Quality overflowed?

That's why my league should become a craft based league and the rarer currency such Divines, GCPs, Mirrors(I think I will remove Eternals since exalteds will be common as chaos are now) won't drop anymore if somebody plays more than for example 6-8h a day.
Botters won't be able to sell their currency on RMT because the worth of stacks stack would be like 1 cent since even normal players can acquire stacks without problems, the trade will be mostly item vs item/rarer currency. I also will design an unique item specially for my league as a massive currency sink.

Personally I suspect that devs even have full got control over itemrolls for quiet some time.
I remember a race(1week or 1 month ladder) in CB when Flame Totem was introduced and Chris played a Templar named Fire.

Some day Chris posted a ring and a regal orb and wished for fire damage.
And the next roll was the same ring with fire damage and the responses on Global Chat were "lol", "Dev skills" and "Cheater"

It's also questionable how certain streamers receive mainly high tier rolls on alched items and more currency. It's quiet possible to generate an advertisement effect, with "OMG this sword is epic". But reproducible in several races? When I get the same amount of currency in Races around 1/12 races I roll a decent rare and not 3 out of 5.
Or being partied with certain players showed an incredible streak of luck in FFA mode, while being partied with others doesn't show that much luck.
"RNG" doesn't explain reproducible effects.
Lol

WTS tin foil hats.
Would leaving your game running in the background for a long period of time (days) have any chance of flagging you as a bot? Assuming character sits in town, no actions taken.
"
abbarnes wrote:
Would leaving your game running in the background for a long period of time (days) have any chance of flagging you as a bot? Assuming character sits in town, no actions taken.

If you still find wisdom scrolls etc. then you are not falgged as a bot.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I wanna know why I load the same zone over and over to get rares for my low level alt, with 30% IIQ and 120% IIR, and I get maybe, MAYBE 1 rare item to drop in the whole zone. Because as the wiki says, drop rate isn't affected by level and RNG can't be that shitty for 20 clears of this zone
"
Sahnma wrote:
I wanna know why I load the same zone over and over to get rares for my low level alt, with 30% IIQ and 120% IIR, and I get maybe, MAYBE 1 rare item to drop in the whole zone. Because as the wiki says, drop rate isn't affected by level and RNG can't be that shitty for 20 clears of this zone

I wanna know why you Necro'd yet another tinfoil-hat-whiney-bitchy-moany thread when we already have a dozen on the front page?

Hope you're proud of yourself.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
SO GGG CAN U POST UNIQUE DROP RATES HERE ? OR U JUST BLUFFIN WITH WORDS ?
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
Sahnma wrote:

I wanna know why you Necro'd yet another tinfoil-hat-whiney-bitchy-moany thread when we already have a dozen on the front page?

Hope you're proud of yourself.

Because it was the first one I found, so you can just bend right over and kiss my ass. You didn't have to say anything about it but by pointing it out, you just make yourself look like a jerk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info