GGG alters drop rates to improve the economy

Its publicaly stated that GGG alters the drop rates of suspected bots to be very low in order to combat RMT. Now I want you to think about that for a minute.

This already tells us 2 things.
1) GGG has created the software that lets them easily alter the drop rates of any account
2) They have a mind set altering drop rates is a way to improve the game.

GGG most likely did not create the coding to alter drop rates just for bots. Its very inefficient to create a piece of coding that is only used for one task.

My theory is that behind the scenes GGG alters the drop rate of players in order to try to improve the economy. I am not saying that they pick out favorites. Most likely these are part
of a big plan to keep economies healthy.

Perhaps lowering the drop rate of players who play for very long time periods (shit-sockers who run maps 8 hours a day and never die create inflation. so maybe they tone down their drops.

Perhaps raise the drop rate of new accounts, or accounts that do not have high level characters in a league. Giving new players a tiny boost is good for the future development of the economy.
Now GGG probably has the good intent. Chris loves to stress how importaint the economy is.

I wouldn't put it past GGG. From their perspective they think they are helping the economy and thus game as a whole. They already have the software to do it. They could easily deny it. Even
if someone were to do some sort of survey of orb drops at various points in the game its difficult to prove anything because RNG is pretty random.

So. Tin foil hat theories or clever safe-guarding of the economy by GGG's stealthy hands?
We also know thay all streamers have +100% rarity because they promote the game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I answer your last question and will be gone, to save me and you some headache.

Spoiler
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
I answer your last question and will be gone, to save me and you some headache.

Spoiler

I will kindly point you towards the NSA and defense industry in the US.

Although I highly doubt GGG does this. I do think it's really odd how lucky some of the streamers are compared to my luck (sure, I haven't put in as much time as they have, so maybe they're this lucky just when I watch).
@Aelloon
Last edited by Aelloon on Nov 6, 2013, 7:29:54 AM
"
NotRegret wrote:

2) They have a mind set altering drop rates is a way to improve the game.

No. They see it as a way to combat rmt and cheaters. That's simple ongoing maintenance of the game, and it's a no brainer, it makes total sense for them to implement.

Imo their only mistake was publicly stating it.
*facepalm.jpeg*
I had a RIP moment the other night (those bloody storm heralds on merciless. 3 shot me in a second before I could instant heal or move. nevermind).

I had been spending some time farming in act1 merci to gear up and wasn't finding anything useful after a time. Then the RIP happens.

So I laugh it off and reroll (no point shedding tears. its roughly my 20th character now) only to find when I hit the beach I am dropping a chaos, an alch and some nice levelling items.

I felt like the game was rewarding me for dying and taking some currency out of the economy (even though my gear was utter crap except for my death's harp roll).

I have found this before when I have rerolled. It seems like I am getting setup with some nice currency early on. As I get to farming I see a lot less of it. It makes sense to have fluctuating drop rates and I would certainly agree with it UNTIL someone exploits it, rolls lvl30 chars, kills them and rerolls for currency boost.
I just want to know one thing-

wtf is a shit-socker?
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
Conspiracy theories: Are they fake, or did Alien Zombie Hitler really take your Kaoms?

Find out tonight!
Last edited by Darxio on Nov 6, 2013, 2:11:07 PM
Everyone knows Kripps drop rate is increased by a %that changes according to the number of viewers that are in his channel at a given time. Also I have a box of tin foil hats for sale both in game and for real too!!
Last edited by Zikkar on Nov 6, 2013, 2:11:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info