GGG alters drop rates to improve the economy

i noticed that when i play a character after a long hiatus there are always better drops. today in the morning i had 6 uniques drop on me in like 5 minutes of playtime. on 3 characters that i dusted a bit to do a quick gem test

i average one unique per 3 days (no iir/iiq)

and i seem to be getting way more chaos orbs than average - i have like 80 now from drops alone and i find one per like 1-2 maps. again - no iiq worth mentioning

but on the other hand my divine orb drop rate is 1. one divine trough all my playtime
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
NotRegret wrote:

2) They have a mind set altering drop rates is a way to improve the game.

No. They see it as a way to combat rmt and cheaters. That's simple ongoing maintenance of the game, and it's a no brainer, it makes total sense for them to implement.

Imo their only mistake was publicly stating it.

Eh, idk. The fallout if they didn't publicly state it could have made them look ashamed about it and raised more suspicion it being used towards the players negatively.
"
sidtherat wrote:
i noticed that when i play a character after a long hiatus there are always better drops. today in the morning i had 6 uniques drop on me in like 5 minutes of playtime. on 3 characters that i dusted a bit to do a quick gem test

and i seem to be getting way more chaos orbs than average - i have like 80 now from drops alone and i find one per like 1-2 maps. again - no iiq worth mentioning

but on the other hand my divine orb drop rate is 1. one divine trough all my playtime

RNG is RNG.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

RNG is RNG.

given that i postgraduated in statistic and high-level statistical modeling (and made quite a living testing that stuff in practice) i know what random and pseudo-random is

and i also know what skewed distribution is and how easy and efficiently you can code 'surprising' rng into main-rng. when i find like 5 time more chaos orbs a day playing as little as a play than krip that plays 10hrs a day consistently for some time - ill risk saying that this is rigged/biased seed

and that makes perfect sense - if all get the same, why trade at all? also - ggg admitted to doing orb drop rate changes to test some stuff. maybe im on one of such test accounts (dear ggg: i still wont craft with these! but thanks for trying)

FYI OP is basing his opinion on this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548288/page/6

Chris admits they can change the Drop Rates of single Accounts if they choose to.
"
Xavderion wrote:

RNG is RNG.

Blowing smoke up someones ass is still blowing smoke up someones ass, even if they don't realize it.
It's all fun and games until someone pokes your eye out!
Last edited by jpmorgan on Nov 6, 2013, 2:24:54 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
and i also know what skewed distribution is and how easy and efficiently you can code 'surprising' rng into main-rng. when i find like 5 time more chaos orbs a day playing as little as a play than krip that plays 10hrs a day consistently for some time - ill risk saying that this is rigged/biased seed

and that makes perfect sense - if all get the same, why trade at all? also - ggg admitted to doing orb drop rate changes to test some stuff. maybe im on one of such test accounts (dear ggg: i still wont craft with these! but thanks for trying)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/431341/page/5#p3802561

"
BrianWeissman wrote:
We do not have the ability to give accounts favorable drop or currency-use status, nor would we ever enable such a thing for any reason.
^^ Already proven false. If they can turn it off, they can turn it on.
It's all fun and games until someone pokes your eye out!
"
Stripes wrote:
*facepalm.jpeg*

^

Indeed people are effing crazy to think there are some kind of conspiracy going on.
Nothing to see here.
"
jpmorgan wrote:
^^ Already proven false. If they can turn it off, they can turn it on.

Seems logical but doesnt prove they do it. Just that they COULD if they want to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info