GGG alters drop rates to improve the economy

God damnit GGG, I'm one of the shit-sockers you target? For shame. I like not dying.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Dec 24, 2013, 2:53:26 PM
RNG is RNG, but even if you have a completely random drop rate; there's always something controlling it in this game.

Take the idea of level requirements for items. Small little method of controlling there, albeit required for keeping high end items out of low end characters.

Do I believe they control drop rates? I have thought about it a few times. It's completely possible but even if they did; they would be incredibly, mind-numbingly, and just moronic to say anything of the such as the entire community would probably bolt in a heartbeat.

I've watched quite a few streamers playing and have noticed there are some that seem to have the exact luck I usually get while some are just so incredibly lucky that you just have to wonder. I was watching one streamer recently where in 5 different solo maps the guy had earned approximately 3 exalts worth of stuff, and it just kept adding up over the course of a couple hours as I checked in. The only time I've ever had more than an exalt worth of stuff drop in an hour was when I picked off my first eternal orb ever. Divine orbs, exalted orbs, regal orbs, chaos orbs, etc.. The best currency luck I've had since the early parts of the anarchy/onslaught leagues was 2 divines and an exalt in 5 hours of playtime.

Mind you, I'm not talking about item drops; mainly currency. I can find more wisdom scrolls than I'd ever want to use. But when it comes to finding enough currency to even think about dropping an exalt on something; it usually takes a couple of months.

I personally dislike trading. Most of the "get rich quick" guys who flip items all day have more currency than they would ever know what to do with, while the people who would rather play the game and run those maps without stopping to trade for twenty minutes after each map seem to get the shit end of the stick.

Am I saying that the drop rates are changed or modified? Not at all. Do I suspect it; on occasion I really do. I really get those feelings when watching some of the more watched streamers out there.

This is why I'd personally kill to see a self found league and how that would result. As with any randomization, you'd have the people with some really high currency drops and some with practically none. But something tells me you'll see a lot more on the low end than you would on the higher end of the scale.

Either way, arguing over whether they do adjust the rates or not will do absolutely nothing to change it. If they don't adjust drop rates in any manner other than suspected bot use, they will not say. Reason being as I said before; if they admit to cutting drop rates for some, those people would immediately start crying that they are boosting it for say, Kripp because of his streaming.

Either way it's a game that has that "random" feel to it. Just wish that one day that "random" would actually spike for me once and drop something worth making a new character for. As of right now my best drop ever has been an alpha's howl in Domination. I can even say, as much as it puts a foul taste in my mouth, I at least found a couple top tier items in Diablo 3 *shutter*, without having to use the auction house. I've been playing Path of Exile here for almost triple the time I played on Diablo 3, and my best drop I don't think is considered a "top tier" item at all. These are the things that make me personally think they do adjust drop rates for the "populous" in a general manner of speaking. It just looks better if that streamer with 1500 viewers or more gets some really good drops on a 0IIR/0IIQ character. But until we all see the source code of the game and the server side applications; there will never be any hard proof. So take what the devs here say any way you want. But I know the truth has been said before. I really like GGG and PoE, but PoE is their income, and if they have to adjust drop rates to keep the game running smoothly; I wouldn't doubt having to make those adjustments becoming a necessity.

Anyways, keep ranting, arguing, and wearing those foil hats. I get a laugh time to time from reading these forum threads. :)
"Did IQ's drop sharply while I was away?"

Ripley (Aliens)
"
Phork wrote:
RNG is RNG

Altered RNG is Altered RNG
TEMPOx -
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I know they alter drop rates, I was showing this game to my friend - and before he looked at the screen I had been having horrible luck - but AFTER he looked I got every unique in the game.

This proves that not only do streamers get better loot so does ANYONE marketing the game. ALSO it proves GGG is utilizing my laptop camera OR they are psychic OR we are all part of a simulation called reality ran by GGG which has put in this game to make us think we are playing a game but in reality there is no game because there is no reality OR that reality is actually a simulation.

WOAH

OMG.....
"
Chris wrote:
The only time drop rates are modified (without rhoa feathers, that is) is if you're a botter or are too high level for the area (the currency penalty that is well understood within the community).

Does this count for maps as well ie, 78 in 72 maps
"
Rai wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The only time drop rates are modified (without rhoa feathers, that is) is if you're a botter or are too high level for the area (the currency penalty that is well understood within the community).

Does this count for maps as well ie, 78 in 72 maps

level = min(68, your_actual_level)
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
pssst this is a computer prg, no real random/luck/badluck, if the gamegods want you to fight with a pillow then you fight with a pillow, in these million lines of code there Always be something like IF (you do this-xx) THEN (this) will happen and i know this coz i live in Area51 and gamegods will improve their economy coz they do like a 2e Lamborghini Aventador
i chickenout sometimes, i use altF4 sometimes, i play Templar, i TrollU, i love this game.
"
pssst this is a computer prg, no real random/luck/badluck, if the gamegods want you to fight with a pillow then you fight with a pillow, in these million lines of code there Always be something like IF (you do this-xx) THEN (this) will happen and i know this coz i live in Area51 and gamegods will improve their economy coz they do like a 2e Lamborghini Aventador

idkfa
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
rem3thed2 wrote:
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I know they alter drop rates, I was showing this game to my friend - and before he looked at the screen I had been having horrible luck - but AFTER he looked I got every unique in the game.

This proves that not only do streamers get better loot so does ANYONE marketing the game. ALSO it proves GGG is utilizing my laptop camera OR they are psychic OR we are all part of a simulation called reality ran by GGG which has put in this game to make us think we are playing a game but in reality there is no game because there is no reality OR that reality is actually a simulation.

WOAH

OMG.....

I have to agree.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info