[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Hey Andy, could you please elaborate the anti-synergy between evasion and shield that you have mentioned ? I’m currently working on my build and got 88/88 block chance, 100% spell suppression, and 12k evasion. From my understanding, it seems that when a monster attack us, it has to pass evasion layer, then blocking layer, which means evasion should improve our defensive layers isn’t it ?
Hi guys, I have been playing my Chieftain farming up some currency and want to see what I can do to improve my build for my Archmage https://pobb.in/5awH8t7E-zxM While the chieftain is fun it can not kill any bosses lol and want to play my archmage again to be able too. I've been able to farm about 100-150 div that I can use for upgrade/changes.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first league and just following this guide.
"
krylan_chris wrote:
Hey Andy, could you please elaborate the anti-synergy between evasion and shield that you have mentioned ? I’m currently working on my build and got 88/88 block chance, 100% spell suppression, and 12k evasion. From my understanding, it seems that when a monster attack us, it has to pass evasion layer, then blocking layer, which means evasion should improve our defensive layers isn’t it ?

Hello!

If we ignore the properties of Svalinn then yes, Evasion adds an extra defensive layer.

However, if we evade hits, our shield does not get the chance to block and have the ability to cast the skills that we socket in the shield.

The skills we keep in our shield are very powerful and keeping a good uptime on them is important IMO.

Having Evasion certainly is not going to break the build in any way, but you will also not be getting the full power of the Shield either. In the end you need to decide whether it is more important to have an extra layer of defense or a better up time of the skills in the shield. There is no 100% correct answer here.

Spell Suppression on the other hand, will not have any negative effects on the shield. We don't typically use that as a layer of defense in this build but you having 100% Spell Suppress is excellent.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 16, 2024, 7:50:06 PM
"
jRbizzleR1 wrote:
Hi guys, I have been playing my Chieftain farming up some currency and want to see what I can do to improve my build for my Archmage https://pobb.in/5awH8t7E-zxM While the chieftain is fun it can not kill any bosses lol and want to play my archmage again to be able too. I've been able to farm about 100-150 div that I can use for upgrade/changes.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first league and just following this guide.

hello and welcome to the thread and to the game! You have done quite well for your first league, congrats!!

Here are some comments on the POB you posted:

* You are getting very close to being able to make the swap to the large cluster set up. You should be able to get to level 95-96 very easily with what you have. Take a look at the build guide in the first post and give a read through the large cluster version as it has a lot of details and then come back and ask if you have any specific questions

* Don't forget to finish adding quality to all flasks for more uptime

* You need to change your Militant Faith as the one you chose mistakenly overwrote the important node Heart of Thunder. When choosing your Militant Faith, you want to protect Heart of Thunder, Deep Thoughts, Instability, Mystic Bulwark, Prodigal Perfection and Arcane Will

* Do not invest in levels for your GMP. The levels do nothing for GMP in this build outside of increasing our need for dexterity stats, which we don't want to deal with.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 16, 2024, 7:50:55 PM
Been running this version of the build since I found the thread and it's been great. Only my second season and I've done so much more than I did last season already. What should I be looking at to improve next? I'm sitting on 30ish divines with a decent amount of stuff that can be sold.

https://pobb.in/eelCvYmCeeNV
Last edited by pubbietears on Sep 16, 2024, 7:55:15 PM
"
"
Morderathh wrote:
Hi there!

@AndyLovesHisBge if you still on can you share your PoB? Just got my Mageblood and I do not know whats worth changing up.

Here is my PoB if its help.

https://pobb.in/XP5qU8rXBC8h

Congrats on the Mageblood!

Here you go for the POB. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://pobb.in/1hlN4t7HtJJE

@AndyLovesHisBge thank you so much.

Can you quickly help me understand what of that PoB is related to the mageblood use and what just independent upgrades (ej. corruptions in unique gear).

I understand that changes related to mageblood switch are the following:

1. Change from wrath to purity of elements
2. Watcher Eye for Purity of elements
3. Flask setup
4. Impossible scape?
5. Rational Doctrine?
6. Anything else?

Also another doubts, u think is better the Gain % of lightning damage as chaos or 5% double damage in my current setup?
Last edited by Morderathh on Sep 16, 2024, 8:22:28 PM
"
pubbietears wrote:
Been running this version of the build since I found the thread and it's been great. Only my second season and I've done so much more than I did last season already. What should I be looking at to improve next? I'm sitting on 30ish divines with a decent amount of stuff that can be sold.

https://pobb.in/eelCvYmCeeNV

hello! Thank you for posting your POB. Here are some comments you can consider

* You need to change your Militant Faith as the one you chose mistakenly overwrote the important node Arcane Will. When choosing your Militant Faith, you want to protect Heart of Thunder, Deep Thoughts, Instability, Mystic Bulwark, Prodigal Perfection and Arcane Will

* Add quality to Automation (higher up time of Arcane Cloak), Punishment (another defensive layer), and Increased Critical Damage (extra DPS)

* As you are using Intensify, I would recommend changing the Caster Mastery from "6% Increased Cast Speed..." to "...+ 1 to maximum intensity". Note that your config has set your Intensity stack to 4, but you can only reach a stack of 3 with out this mastery change.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 16, 2024, 8:09:49 PM
Thank you! No clue how I missed that with the militant faith. Those are a real bitch to search for. Will get the gems qualitied next and already switched the caster mastery.

e: used the extension thing for chrome from the last page and grabbed one. Those things have gone up in price but was able to snag one that works for a couple div.
Last edited by pubbietears on Sep 16, 2024, 9:21:53 PM
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 16, 2024, 9:24:07 PM
Thank you Andy and Fealwen for your suggestions! I have finally found a decent militant faith, I think..

I believe I have followed this guide veeeeery closely, with some funding help.. I am now clearing endgame content, but still feel squishy..

May I get some help on what to improve on? Thank you so much!

This is my current stats
https://pobb.in/6-JWWVXlK0IT

Not sure why the dps shown is so low though.. Would gladly appreciate any feedback! Thank you!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info