[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Rusty022 wrote:
I'm not sure where to go from here. I've got about 15D and don't really feel like farming for a Mageblood. Maybe Stormshroud (ailment immunity) or Impossible Escape (block cap)? Drop the life flask for something ... Oriath's End?

I've been looking at weapon upgrades but they seem to give relatively small DPS upgrades in PoB (<500k) and my damage already feels great. Feels like any weapon that would be a massive upgrade is out of my price range.

Any thoughts?

PoB: https://pobb.in/G5Xnx-rg2Tnu

Some quick and cheap upgrades you can do:

1. Sacred orb and catalyst quality your rings
2. Get 20/20 skill gems for all. Get 21/20 for useful ones (see OP guide section)
3. Upgrade your gloves, those are actual ground trash
4. Corrupt/get corrupted implicits on chest, ring, shield.
5. Get a few more levels! 93-96 are pretty painless.
Last edited by Piousqd on Sep 16, 2024, 9:02:11 AM
"
Fealwen wrote:

I'll share better trading link with the all numbers that doesn't brick the notables and has relevant modifiers. (better trading is a plugin on chrome browser, you can save your trade filters so you won't need to enter same filters over and over again). I highly recommend using it for your other needs.

Is there an extension for Firefox for Better Trading?
"
eps0r wrote:
Hi, i build this from scratch for around 80divs and its blasting! very nice build, love it so far!

Now one question, i quickly crafted this wand:
Item Class: Wands
Rarity: Rare
Fate Bane
Prophecy Wand
--------
Wand
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 34-62 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 10.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.40
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 98
Int: 245 (unmet)
--------
Sockets: R-B-B
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
18% chance to inflict Lightning Exposure on Hit (enchant)
--------
38% increased Spell Damage (implicit)
--------
37% increased Spell Damage (fractured)
+42 to maximum Mana (fractured)
88% increased Spell Damage
63% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance
+127 to maximum Mana
+33% to Lightning Resistance
21% increased Cast Speed (crafted)
--------
Fractured Item

i got enough divs for a haunted craft, what would you consider "BIS" on a wand to put it on, its rather expensive so i dont wanna waste it..

Can u give an example of a "dream" Wand? so i can craft something similiar?

ALso here the POB if u got any other advice:

https://pobb.in/9RhcyMLFflJl
(switched for a ITEM RARITY thing atm, dont really need the intensify damagewise when i do that content)

Its my first time playing POE so any advice will be helpful! Thanks, greetings e!

before you attempt to copy the BiS/Mirror wand stats, make sure you check your crit chance. IF you aren't crit capped, then spell crit chance is almost always better for you than cast speed. The mirror wand is BiS only when assuming crit cap from power charges, which you cant get without +2 from rings.

Don't make the mistake of waiting to get a mirror tier wand for the enchant, despite the price. The Movespeed/Castspeed alone is worth it.

Example, I bought this for 50d and put the enchant on it, no regrets.

"
Piousqd wrote:

The mirror wand is BiS only when assuming crit cap from power charges, which you cant get without +2 from rings.

You can also get crit cap via Rational Doctrine
Hello guru's of this build, I have browsed through the posts here trying to find a "safe" regex but still get whopped while trying em so is there a "BiS regex" out there?
big ty to everyone helping in this tread

https://pobb.in/TwC-acxWv8K7
mageblood with ralakesh version
1million ehp
177million dps (145million without the vaal ice nova dmg)
100% reduce crit
all res cap

right now my char have a good balance of tankyness and dps, i definitely want to add more def.

just wanted to check if i got everything right in the build , i mostly followed builds from everyone here and poeninja.
"
"
Piousqd wrote:

The mirror wand is BiS only when assuming crit cap from power charges, which you cant get without +2 from rings.

You can also get crit cap via Rational Doctrine

Sure, and from flask, and watcher's eye effects, etc.

My point is that the BiS wand is only Bis, if you are at crit cap. If you aren't, adding crit chance is better. The problem with calling an item BiS is that people will blindly emulate its stats without taking into account the context required.
Last edited by Piousqd on Sep 16, 2024, 10:49:31 AM
"
Piousqd wrote:

2. Get 20/20 skill gems for all. Get 21/20 for useful ones (see OP guide section)

I updated my gloves to be a bit better and I'll work on the gems.

I don't think I have enough currency for the good corrupted implicits on chest or shield (10D each it seems), but maybe on Anathema. And yea I need to level. I've been focusing on PoB more than playing lol

Also I think I need more crit chance on Ice Nova.

Latest: https://pobb.in/N2nA3Ei17r-S
Last edited by Rusty022 on Sep 16, 2024, 10:47:56 AM
"
Rusty022 wrote:
"
Piousqd wrote:

I updated my gloves to be a bit better and I'll work on the gems.

I don't think I have enough currency for the good corrupted implicits on chest or shield (10D each it seems), but maybe on Anathema. And yea I need to level. I've been focusing on PoB more than playing lol

Also I think I need more crit chance on Ice Nova.

Latest: https://pobb.in/N2nA3Ei17r-S

The gloves in that PoB, with the fractured life, would be very easy to craft into a better pair than what they current are.

1.Get some resist essence (T1 wrath, anger, hatred, or envy if you want chaos res).

2. Spam until you hit a 2nd T1 Resist and a 3rd suffix you are ok with. (go for either a 3rd resist or spell suppress, depending on how much you want to rollem)

3. Several options depending on cost desire.
-cheap. Eldritch annual if needed for open prefix. Bench craft desired prefix (mana or damage while leeching). Exalt slam for 3rd prefix.
-more expensive. Eldritch chaos spam for desired prefix, hope for open prefix. Eldritch annual if needed. benchcraft to finish

(eldritch spam is almost certainly cheaper than using the meta mod suffix can not be changed. but that is also an option,followed by harvest reforge.

Same for your boots, you have decent fracture bases, but very sub-optimal crafts done using them. you should at a minimum have a T1 essence mod, and a 2nd desired T1 mod, on each. That is literally just clicking essences on them, and would be an improvement on its own. How you finish them after that depends on your willingness to invest and play with the craft.

And as for not being able to afford the corrupt implicit, you dont have to get the big ticket ones to be an upgrade. The chest has no inherent implicit, so any corrupt implicit is an improvement. Do a fuzzy search for the chest with stat filter pseudo #implicit modifiers, that will bring up every one with an implicit. If youre willing to 6 link it yourself with tainted fusings, then you can get one at a heavy discount. but even search the 6-links, i see a +1 to all max res implicit for 1.5d right now

Gotta ask, why the life flask? You should be getting plenty of regen for your leech on gloves. You could be running a 3rd utility flask. Go for Silver for DPS or Gold for farming.
Last edited by Piousqd on Sep 16, 2024, 11:22:56 AM
Hello everyone !

First of all, thanks you so much for the build. The transition to this was such a great idea coming from another archmage build.

I am currently doing quite fine with around 40-50 Div invested into this build.
But there are quite a few modifiers i cant run and i still die occasionally.

Not sure what to buy next to get the biggest update in cases of defenses or offensive.
Would really appreciate some recommendations :)

POB: https://pobb.in/1rxL0cZP-O2u

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info