[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

I saw a short clip from a warden (i guess?) on Youtube with this shield and wondered if it could work on my archmage as well and found your guide. Had a few div on my bank and tried to giev it a shot with some mid stuff from the trade site with stuff i already had from my "normal" archmage and i really like this setup so far.

But i was wondering a few things:

# is there a reason wave of conviction is only lvl 4? can there be other skills (maybe lab gem)?

# are there any spells / skills that are not worth going for quality 20?

# i saw some pob's with ralakesh and void battery - what are your thoughts on these items in this build?

Cheers and thx for the guide
"
SendoTakeshi wrote:
I saw a short clip from a warden (i guess?) on Youtube with this shield and wondered if it could work on my archmage as well and found your guide. Had a few div on my bank and tried to giev it a shot with some mid stuff from the trade site with stuff i already had from my "normal" archmage and i really like this setup so far.

But i was wondering a few things:

# is there a reason wave of conviction is only lvl 4? can there be other skills (maybe lab gem)?

# are there any spells / skills that are not worth going for quality 20?

# i saw some pob's with ralakesh and void battery - what are your thoughts on these items in this build?

Cheers and thx for the guide

hi!

1) oh no, the wave of conviction is lvl4 just because that pob was directly created by importing my character and at the time I was leveling it :D

good question about the lab gems, i need to check those (but that would mean that we have to apply exposure in some other way)

2) a lot actually. i've added a list in the gem section and updated the PoB in order to have quality just where it matters

3) some days ago I've tried fiddling around with those in PoB and the dps gained was significant. the problem at that point is capping your res.
also, you really want to add a badge of the brotherhood in the mix if you go that route, but without atziri's foible the mana regen start to be an issue.
it can be done, but you need very good gear in the rare slots.
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 15, 2024, 11:49:45 AM
What would I swap if I were to go use a mageblood? I don't have room for the block flask because of four util flasks (silver, quicksilver, amethyst, diamond). Where else can I get block chance and possibly shave a bit of points in the passive tree?

EDIT: Also what do you think of "trigger level 5 lightning bolt" instead of "curse elemental weakness" enchant? a similar build from coffeebns uses it.
Last edited by sht1ck0 on Aug 15, 2024, 12:20:41 AM
"
sht1ck0 wrote:
What would I swap if I were to go use a mageblood? I don't have room for the block flask because of four util flasks (silver, quicksilver, amethyst, diamond). Where else can I get block chance and possibly shave a bit of points in the passive tree?

EDIT: Also what do you think of "trigger level 5 lightning bolt" instead of "curse elemental weakness" enchant? a similar build from coffeebns uses it.

you can try to cut the mana, life, and crit near witch to get more block on the tree.

i don’t see the usefulness of lightning bolt on the wand, what he uses it for?
Pantheon and bandits?
Last edited by AdmiralSausage on Aug 15, 2024, 12:18:18 PM
"
Pantheon and bandits?

kill all, brine king & abberath
Hi, what to look for on timeless jewel? devotion effect? numbers?
Also, will it hurt/brick build if i get some suppresion from items anyway? got some solid items i would need to change if i have to get rid of suppresion
Last edited by Xanderon on Aug 16, 2024, 4:20:34 AM
I am playing this build (with some slight tweaks) and it is fantastic. I am mid way to level 99 and grinding for a Mageblood.

My slight tweaks include:

* Using 5 curses (I use enfeeble/punishment in the helmet, and Conductivity/Ele Weakness/Assassin's Mark with Brand).

* Using More Duration on Arcane Cloak to keep the uptime as high as possible

* In Shield, I use Cold Snap instead of Wave of Conviction, as I love my frenzy charges. Against biggest bosses, I will swap Cold Snap for Shock Nova for increased shock effect.

* I went a little more defensive in my build, getting 88/87 block

* Use Corrupted Soul via Glorious Vanity jewel. This gives me almost 4000 ES.

* If you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend getting the new Wand enchantment, Haunted by Tormented Spirits. It is RIDICULOUSLY good for the build:

The one enchantment gives-
a) 35% Increased Movement Speed
b) 35% Increased Cast Speed (makes Frostblink of Wintery Blast feel so much better)
c) 35% Increased Damage
d) a random Tormented effect (ranges from more life, to more speed, to explody effects, to minions to a ton of various fun things that happen randomly to your character)

When I finally get a Mageblood I will be adding the following to my build:

Stun Immunity, Ailment Immunity, Curse Immunity and a ton of movement speed. This will allow me to dump Brine King and use the significantly better Lunaris. I am also going to try to use ES Leech on a flask and see if I can remove the long path to Light Eater and use those 7 tree points elsewhere in the build.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 15, 2024, 8:20:38 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
sht1ck0 wrote:

you can try to cut the mana, life, and crit near witch to get more block on the tree.

i don’t see the usefulness of lightning bolt on the wand, what he uses it for?

the lightning strike is for dps considering crits are consistent. he has his ele weakness curse + another curse on gloves as unique corrupted implicits.
"
I am playing this build (with some slight tweaks) and it is fantastic. I am mid way to level 99 and grinding for a Mageblood.

My slight tweaks include:

* Using 5 curses (I use enfeeble/punishment in the helmet, and Conductivity/Ele Weakness/Assassin's Mark with Brand).

* Using More Duration on Arcane Cloak to keep the uptime as high as possible

* In Shield, I use Cold Snap instead of Wave of Conviction, as I love my frenzy charges. Against biggest bosses, I will swap Cold Snap for Shock Nova for increased shock effect.

* I went a little more defensive in my build, getting 88/87 block

* Use Corrupted Soul via Glorious Vanity jewel. This gives me almost 4000 ES.

* If you can afford it, I HIGHLY recommend getting the new Wand enchantment, Haunted by Tormented Spirits. It is RIDICULOUSLY good for the build:

The one enchantment gives-
a) 35% Increased Movement Speed
b) 35% Increased Cast Speed (makes Frostblink of Wintery Blast feel so much better)
c) 35% Increased Damage
d) a random Tormented effect (ranges from more life, to more speed, to explody effects, to minions to a ton of various fun things that happen randomly to your character)

When I finally get a Mageblood I will be adding the following to my build:

Stun Immunity, Ailment Immunity, Curse Immunity and a ton of movement speed. This will allow me to dump Brine King and use the significantly better Lunaris. I am also going to try to use ES Leech on a flask and see if I can remove the long path to Light Eater and use those 7 tree points elsewhere in the build.

can i see pob?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info