[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Rusty022 wrote:
"
"
Rusty022 wrote:

Question about curses: why Assassin's Mark in helmet? It only curses one target, so just for bosses? Why not put it on the Brand instead, and slot another curse in helm to automate a more regularly-useful curse?

This has been a long running discussion in the thread and there has been no consensus and I don't think there is a right answer.

One reason people put Assassins Mark in the helmet is to make sure they always have max power charges up, especially when they have replaced Power Charge on Crit support with Intensify.

Others, like myself, do not use the Mark in the helmet as I prefer Punishment be always in use and I seem to have no issues in the content I run getting and keeping max power charges via Disciple of the Forbidden on the tree.

Choose which ever set up you like better and you can't go wrong.

Ah, that makes sense. Well I don't really want to recolor my corrupted helm for Punishment, so I'll just leave it as-is. I keep my brand up every so often anyways and the build does so much damage it probably only matters on pinnacle bosses or weirdly buffed rares.

Just a quick note, you do know the remove socket/add socket trick for recoloring corrupted items right? If you make the 4th socket the red/blue option, it is very quick to swap it around.
Pro's/Cons on Wrath vs Zealotry Aura's?

I currently use wrath bc I have a better watchers eye and anathema corrupt for it, but have slighty more base DPS in POB from zealotry.

Wrath is much more widely used by all versions of icenova archmage, but why?
I thought there was a doryani version. Did it get removed?
"
MonsieurMaru wrote:
I thought there was a doryani version. Did it get removed?

I don't remember that version in this thread.
"
Piousqd wrote:
Just a quick note, you do know the remove socket/add socket trick for recoloring corrupted items right? If you make the 4th socket the red/blue option, it is very quick to swap it around.

Is that different from the normal one for uncorrupted items? Is it the same but just uses tainted currency?
He put a link for it before for those interested and mentioned the small difference between the two is one has more hp (doryani) than this one.
Has anybody tried linking cast on crit support to the wand curses instead of the arcanist brand gem?
I'm trying it out now but not sure if it works.
"
Rusty022 wrote:
"
Piousqd wrote:

Is that different from the normal one for uncorrupted items? Is it the same but just uses tainted currency?

It is the identical method as normal but just adds Vaal orbs to the cost. No tainted currency is required.

You can do it all in a couple of seconds on the regular crafting bench if you have enough Vaal orbs.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 17, 2024, 6:51:57 PM
"
kraken1944 wrote:
Has anybody tried linking cast on crit support to the wand curses instead of the arcanist brand gem?
I'm trying it out now but not sure if it works.

I do not believe that will work unless you make some changes to the base build.

Cast on Crit, will cast a linked spell when a critical strike is made using a linked attack skill. We don't use any attack skills in the common build, everything is a spell.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 17, 2024, 6:55:18 PM
"
"
Rusty022 wrote:
"
Piousqd wrote:

It is the identical method as normal but just adds Vaal orbs to the cost. No tainted currency is required.

You can do it all in a couple of seconds on the regular crafting bench if you have enough Vaal orbs.

I learn new stuff about PoE every day lol. I guess I didn't need to overpay for the right colors on any corrupted item below a 6L.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info